• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic
xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

I was writing Archive library for X Mod Installer 2, thought to write IMGM 2 too. So if any of you guys has any suggestion, you can post here.

mascotefera
  • mascotefera

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:28 AM Edited by mascotefera, 20 February 2012 - 03:32 AM.

QUOTE (xmen @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 03:04)
I was writing Archive library for X Mod Installer 2, thought to write IMGM 2 too. So if any of you guys has any suggestion, you can post here.

could make type Spark SAN =D

a question because IV also? is not necessary to have Open IV GOD =D

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

good to know you're making a new Img tool icon14.gif

i have plenty of idea's for new features, but too lazy to type right now.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

In what language is it coded? I was thinking maybe we can write a native Mac application for editing GTA .img archives or something, well since the three GTA3 era games are now available on OSX, and while the existing tools can be run on Wine/Cider, something that's more or less native to the platform might be 'swell enough.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Using C# with DNF 2(easily available in all PCs)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 15:38)

DNF2?

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 05:57)

DNF2?

.net framework smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:53 AM Edited by Gforce, 21 February 2012 - 03:55 AM.

some feature ideas for you, hopefully you can see how useful they truly could be for total conversion map modders who want to keep their Img's nice and tidy and also reduce the amount of troubleshooting needed if they come across problems.

Validate Img by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Validate Button would check the IMG for missing or duplicate models and texture archives.

Export by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Export Button create folders named the same as selected ide files in a user chosen location, then would check the IMG for missing or duplicate models and texture archives then export them to the created folders for each ide.

Import by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Import Button would also ask the user to select the folders to use for importing models from, and then add the files to the img in selected ide order and add dff's then TXD's then colfiles the ifp files for each ide from each folder.

Validate Collfile by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Validate Button would check the Collision files for missing or duplicate collfiles for the models defined within the selected ide files.

Export by Ide is pretty much the same as a feature i requested and REspawn included in G-Img, and "Validate Collfile by IDE" is also similar to the feature i requested called "Sort by IDE" and Steve-M included with his CollEditor2.

one other idea for a feature was for testing texture archives for missing textures against the textures defined in selected model files but that could be a little more complex to include.

i have a few more ideas but i can't remember them atm.

good luck with this one xmen icon14.gif

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

Validate Img by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Validate Button would check the IMG for missing or duplicate models and texture archives.

Export by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Export Button create folders named the same as selected ide files in a user chosen location, then would check the IMG for missing or duplicate models and texture archives then export them to the created folders for each ide.

Import by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Import Button would also ask the user to select the folders to use for importing models from, and then add the files to the img in selected ide order and add dff's then TXD's then colfiles the ifp files for each ide from each folder.

Validate Collfile by IDE: this feature would bring up a Gui for the user to locate and select single or multiple ide files and on pressing Validate Button would check the Collision files for missing or duplicate collfiles for the models defined within the selected ide files.

Will be added

one other idea for a feature was for testing texture archives for missing textures against the textures defined in selected model files but that could be a little more complex to include.

Indeed, that feature will require me to write 2 new libraries, sorry this cant be done. I'm just finishing off what I started. smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 04:05)

Will be added

Great News for all modders i think biggrin.gif

thanks icon14.gif

PS: you know how to get hold of me should you need a beta tester wink.gif

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

PS: you know how to get hold of me should you need a beta tester

sure

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 02:28)

DNF2?

.net framework smile.gif

Ahh, understood. I think we can deal with that via Mono or something, since your IMG Manager's coded in C#.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 11:06)

DNF2?

.net framework smile.gif

Ahh, understood. I think we can deal with that via Mono or something, since your IMG Manager's coded in C#.

Cant, using P/Invoke everywhere and there are too many restrictions.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 06:05)
QUOTE (lpgunit @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 11:06)

DNF2?

.net framework smile.gif

Cant, using P/Invoke everywhere and there are too many restrictions.

Ouch.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Apparently 1.5 version lacked "Import (remove if exists)" option, like Alci's IMG Editor has. It was the only reason that I didn't use your IMG Editor (but now I don't use them at all, now doing it natively).

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Import (remove if exists)

you mean "Import or Replace if exists"?

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yes.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Any news on how this is going, as a fellow modder I would love to see the features that GForce mentioned as it would make Mapping a hell of a lot easier, I hope this tool does not die and gets completed I would love those new things as would many other modders.

Also how about some sort of feature that allows us to create an Install Script, as in there is a folder with DFF,TXD's etc.. and we have a txt file with all the DFFs & TXDs listed in it and then all you have to do is when the tool is opened hit a button 'Install By Script' and then we select the txt file and it will install all the Files.
I am making this suggestion as an IMG Tool that can replace GTA Mod Installer would be great, or even a similar feature that allows people to install a Mod's files to an IMG Easier.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I would prefer command tool with abillity to load script comands from file such as
open, import, export, delete, rename, rebuild, save, close.

It would be good if sequence of files on list past the header 8 bytes wasn't changed if file will be replaced. File can be added at the ending, old file removed, but name order should staty as is. These are simple calculations of offsets and file writing for ya.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Here's are my few request:

-Automatic Replace files
-texture viewer/editor inside the img tool (if possible?)
-Batch script that could be used with the tool like Almost said. (Mass renaming, deleting, adding, extract with automatic replacing)
-check for duplicate entries

I cant remember anything more than that.

lowridincrew
  • lowridincrew

The WerkHeads Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

How about a car installer such as it searches the folder, gives you options, replace any car?

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

@ALMOST610 : I'm writing X Mod Installer V.2.0 for last 2 years(its too big project and was paused months ago). And its alot alot easier to use plus supporting custom plugins and wizards. However I will add Install Script kind of thing in IMGM 2.

@fastman92 : IMGM already does that, it doesn't change sequence when replacing. It might be appearing sorted by offset in list.

@Swoorup
- Yes, already added
- No
- Yes, will be added
- Yes, already added

@lowridincrew : Use "Bulk Replace" in IMGM 1.5 meanwhile

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

On Behalf on all of those who have made suggestions, we would like to thank you for taking our suggestions into consideration.

How much progress have you made on either of those tools? (IMG 2.0 & X Mod Installer)

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Not much progress on IMGM 2 but the library to modify all 4 games img files is nearly ready.

For XMI 2, visit here. Haven't touch since last update. sad.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, commandline version would be nice. Spark Console is OK, but it can't rebuild the archive.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

As someone said on the other page, maybe a function which allows you to create scripts that do a job for you, while keeping the 4GB .img size-limit?

For example, SPARK has it, but it only supports 2GB and doesn't have automatic Rebuild Archive.

A little example of a script used by SPARK:

CODE
-open "gta3.img"
-export "_lod_stwnyelmot1_.dff" "archives\country"
-export "a51.txd" "archives\country"
-export "a51_alpha.txd" "archives\country"
-delete "a51.txd"
-delete "a51_alpha.txd"
-save
-close

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Another thing for console script is ability to create new empty IMG archive and perhaps import some files.
It'd be best if changes were kept in memory until -save option is used.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Remove Bulk Replace, instead, use Import (Remove if exists) option, just like Alci's IMG editor. smile.gif That way, you can import new files and replace existing ones at the same time. It's good for lazy people like me you know. tounge.gif

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:03 AM Edited by methodunderg, 04 March 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Just stumbled across this one; didn't know you where working on a new one ..

My suggestions:

-IDE Harvest like G-IMG has smile.gif
-Drag and drop functionality too?
-Some players commented on the limit of the file import. (This is why BLITZ seperated his LOD mod into so many folders base on IDE names; as some users can't import more than 1,000 files at once)

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

- possibility to open default.dat and gta.dat, load list of archives, import files to proper archive, (the first one that contains file with name of imported file)
It's is useful when using many IMG archives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users