Photo

GTA IV: Assassin's Creed Modern Times Rage Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:50 PM Edited by nkjellman, 20 February 2012 - 06:53 PM.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:45)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 20:39)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:24)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 20:19)
QUOTE (xXaerooff2Xx @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:15)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:03)
I am real modeler......

I fell down on my floor with wild laugh.
Converting and modeling are two diffrend things. If you calling your own as 'reall modeller', than who is HackMan and Luten and all other good modelers? They have worked on their skills even since VC era, and you just converted some map from AC with 3DX Ripper and 3ds max. Today everybody can do this, 'real modeler'... (and I think that mascotefera done all or nearly all work).

Ya sure i also do modeling which is yet to release some other maps.

@Blaster_nl
Well it's called i won't release it here it be on gta4-mods later down the line.

@Nj
Yes you can.

That is not even my point, i'm not here to play as moderator and say the rules to you.

My point is converting stuff from other developers to another developers engine is just stupid, you might as well convert every game out there to rage.
And why of all games you choose AC? A city, time period, atmoshpehre that doesnt fit a gta game at all? Then at least choose someting logical like mafia, driver, la noire or something.

I hope that doesn't make my Chicago map idea from NFS The Run stuped. It's so close to the real thing, and I fill in the rest.

But yes, I believe this map should stay Midevil because it's got a good Midevil feel. I played a Midevil TC for Vice City and it was really good.

It didn't say the maps are stupid, the IDEA is.

Just wanted to ask then, do you think this map should be Midevil?
I had the idea of having this map and LC. LC had the modern stuff added from AC including the time machene in the Assasins place. This map is in the sky, and remains mid evil. It's high up enough so you don't know it's there.

But it would be nice if there were horses.

But he said he is going to make Paris or something.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:50)
I had the idea of having this map and LC. LC had the modern stuff added from AC including the time machene in the Assasins place. This map is in the sky, and remains mid evil. It's high up enough so you don't know it's there.

Be realistic we don't have skilled sco programmers yet they are learning i see few are trying to start scripting.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:52)

Be realistic we don't have skilled sco programmers yet they are learning i see few are trying to start scripting.

I know, the mid evil thing would work slightly better if we had RDR for PC.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:54)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:52)

I know, the mid evil thing would work slightly better if we had RDR for PC.

So true.

mascotefera
  • mascotefera

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

When I caught stealing I'll give people the excuse to watch the time very political.
Prohibit the freedom of expression and right to leisure they now want to improve

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (mascotefera @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 20:29)
When I caught stealing I'll give people the excuse to watch the time very political.
Prohibit the freedom of expression and right to leisure they now want to improve

Well not stealing the company will be credited.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 22:40)

Then it's still stealing.because u didn't ask permission.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 21:27)

I seen mods are from other games but gave credit like i am doing.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 23:32)

I know man, nobody cares anyway. I'm just correcting you, by simply crediting the desired dev\creator doesn't give u full rights.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 21:56)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 23:32)

I know man, nobody cares anyway. I'm just correcting you, by simply crediting the desired dev\creator doesn't give u full rights.

You do have a point.

mascotefera
  • mascotefera

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:39 PM Edited by mascotefera, 20 February 2012 - 10:43 PM.

I am real modeler......

Converting and modeling are two diffrend things. If you calling your own as 'reall modeller', than who is HackMan and Luten and all other good modelers? They have worked on their skills even since VC era, and you just converted some map from AC with 3DX Ripper and 3ds max. Today everybody can do this, 'real modeler'... (and I think that mascotefera done all or nearly all work).

very difficult converter Map In 3D ripper after I cannot explain hard =[ credits for the map is not it Shaking I was converting TO gta IV
with author's permission GTA IV has no way fit MAP AC it gets better In gta san how blaster talk GTA IV made for car

I have no video card My System 64 BIT 3D Ripper Mode Laucher Works IN 32 ¬¬

Now studies have a better life
sh*t english ¬¬fail

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:03 PM Edited by ShakingASS, 20 February 2012 - 11:07 PM.

QUOTE (mascotefera @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 22:39)
I am real modeler......

very difficult converter Map In 3D ripper after I cannot explain hard =[ credits for the map is not it Shaking I was converting TO gta IV
with author's permission GTA IV has no way fit MAP AC it gets better In gta san how blaster talk GTA IV made for car

I have no video card My System 64 BIT 3D Ripper Mode Laucher Works IN 32 ¬¬

Now studies have a better life
sh*t english ¬¬fail

Get out of here you just leave the mod then join another.I offered you to help.I am the 1 going to has the maps in IV.Don't spam the room.The maps are small in AC it will fit.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Stop telling people to not talk Shaking. They are just as entitled to their views as you are. smile.gif

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 23:36)
Stop telling people to not talk Shaking. They are just as entitled to their views as you are. smile.gif

Alright fine.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hmm i recommend using Assassins Creed Brotherhood for this, had a lot of land where i could love to drive

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

This map looks alot nicer with the origninal timecyc. It also has a good midevil feel. This sounds funny coming from me, because I'm usaly the one who could give a sh*t about old times and only cares about the new.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

I wonder how you get there without the bugs and lags that happened which are being researched still.That's wht i disabled it but i don't know the causes of it.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:10 AM Edited by nkjellman, 21 February 2012 - 02:13 AM.

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 01:50)
I wonder how you get there without the bugs and lags that happened which are being researched still.That's wht i disabled it but i don't know the causes of it.

It runs perfict for me. Some spots the water turns invisable though.
Edit: Try it with out the ENB Series. ENB only looks good because IV's LC has all the shading there, even shaders we don't know about. It may also be why your lagging.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:19 AM Edited by ShakingASS, 21 February 2012 - 02:21 AM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 02:10)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 01:50)

It runs perfict for me. Some spots the water turns invisable though.
Edit: Try it with out the ENB Series. ENB only looks good because IV's LC has all the shading there, even shaders we don't know about. It may also be why your lagging.

I don't know when i go to my new updated converted map which not upload on dropbox and old lags drops fps to 2-3 fps when i get way more than that sad.gif i think it's the imprinted shadows idk still researching.All shaders are just on default for temp.Maybe needs lods and new shaders.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

is that original or Brotherhood? the castle reminds me of the one from Brotherhood,

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Sebianoti @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 02:26)
is that original or Brotherhood? the castle reminds me of the one from Brotherhood,

both 2 and maybe do new game and 3 when comes out.They are small maps it will fit on IV if no 3Ddoomer speaks of a way to have maps out of bound editing a few files.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 02:35)

both 2 and maybe do new game and 3 when comes out.They are small maps it will fit on IV if no 3Ddoomer speaks of a way to have maps out of bound editing a few files.

Yea, he was talking about that when I was asking him about the Chicago mod.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 02:38)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 02:35)

Yea, he was talking about that when I was asking him about the Chicago mod.

yes that could help out on maps.I think i know why but have to cut the polys and lower size of collisions.

Topic Locked:

QUOTE (GTAForums Mod Showroom Procedure)
[4.5] Conversions
Conversions should be seen as a last resort. If for some reason the original author is unable to convert the model, or is unwilling due to lack of time/personal life, then the model may be converted under and ONLY under the following condition;

The original author of the model MUST, THEMSELVES, publicly state that he/she allows it. This is not open for debate / discussion, this is final. Anyone caught posing as an original author will be permanently banned, no exceptions.

If the original author is unavailable, or can't be contacted, the conversion may not be released.
•[4.5.1] Tuning/Ricing/Pimping - Improving/editing another author's work and re-releasing it requires the same level of verification as a conversion, and requires a post from the original author.

•[4.5.2] Original GTA content - Converting these between games is allowed, in moderation. It's a common practice, everyone who has gta installed has access to these vehicles, and getting Rockstar's permission simply won't happen. No point in trying to stop access to something you already have. However, converting excessive amounts of content will detract from interest in scratch-made content. It can also cause issues with Rockstar: if GTAIV's content could be installed into the much cheaper and older San Andreas - GTAIV sales could suffer - and future GTAs will be more likely to contain anti-modding protection. Modding currently encourages people to buy the PC version in order to install mods, which makes us a friend of Rockstar. Let's try to keep it that way.

•[4.5.3] Content from websites - As long as it's under a suitable licence granting it's free use, then it's allowed. Make sure to follow allow requirements of that licence. If no license is provided with the content, include a link to where it was originally obtained.

•[4.5.4] Models that require permission from a corporate entity, like EA Games, are NOT allowed for conversions (with the R* exception listed above). Failure to meet the above criteria will result in, at minimum, a locked topic and verbal warning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users