• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic
ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

Topic Locked:

QUOTE (GTAForums Mod Showroom Procedure)
[4.5] Conversions
Conversions should be seen as a last resort. If for some reason the original author is unable to convert the model, or is unwilling due to lack of time/personal life, then the model may be converted under and ONLY under the following condition;

The original author of the model MUST, THEMSELVES, publicly state that he/she allows it. This is not open for debate / discussion, this is final. Anyone caught posing as an original author will be permanently banned, no exceptions.

If the original author is unavailable, or can't be contacted, the conversion may not be released.
•[4.5.1] Tuning/Ricing/Pimping - Improving/editing another author's work and re-releasing it requires the same level of verification as a conversion, and requires a post from the original author.

•[4.5.2] Original GTA content - Converting these between games is allowed, in moderation. It's a common practice, everyone who has gta installed has access to these vehicles, and getting Rockstar's permission simply won't happen. No point in trying to stop access to something you already have. However, converting excessive amounts of content will detract from interest in scratch-made content. It can also cause issues with Rockstar: if GTAIV's content could be installed into the much cheaper and older San Andreas - GTAIV sales could suffer - and future GTAs will be more likely to contain anti-modding protection. Modding currently encourages people to buy the PC version in order to install mods, which makes us a friend of Rockstar. Let's try to keep it that way.

•[4.5.3] Content from websites - As long as it's under a suitable licence granting it's free use, then it's allowed. Make sure to follow allow requirements of that licence. If no license is provided with the content, include a link to where it was originally obtained.

•[4.5.4] Models that require permission from a corporate entity, like EA Games, are NOT allowed for conversions (with the R* exception listed above). Failure to meet the above criteria will result in, at minimum, a locked topic and verbal warning.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Really need a team for this project.

Team:
nkjellman

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

Reserved.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

Well, Ill say that if your after modern and using Assasin's Creed, you should resemble the city after Paris in France.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

Of course like i told you in pm.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 02:57)

Sometimes using models from other games saves you time and ends up looking better.

Kinda like how for my Chicago map, there are tracks in NFS The Run I can hook together, and then make the area around them. I hope I can find a way to port them to GTA IV. They cover the area around the city and the part of the city I wan't to do. Hopefully they will be portable. Ive seen tracks from other NFS games ported to GTA IV. But then ofcourse there are buldings and objects Ill use that are in GTA IV's LC.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 03:39)

Sometimes using models from other games saves you time and ends up looking better.

Kinda like how for my Chicago map, there are tracks in NFS The Run I can hook together, and then make the area around them. I hope I can find a way to port them to GTA IV. They cover the area around the city and the part of the city I wan't to do. Hopefully they will be portable. Ive seen tracks from other NFS games ported to GTA IV. But then ofcourse there are buldings and objects Ill use that are in GTA IV's LC.

It's pretty easy to port them for me.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 03:45)

Cool. EA will be credited ofcourse. Their map for Chicago would work perfictly. Its very close to the real thing. Anyone who can port models from NFS The Run to GTA IV will be a HUGE help. If you can help that would be wonderfull. Maybe you could even teach me something along the way. Sorry if Im hijacking the topic to Chicago, from Paris.

Eather way, were both planning on using models from other games to make a real city.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 04:04)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 03:45)

Cool. EA will be credited ofcourse. Their map for Chicago would work perfictly. Its very close to the real thing. Anyone who can port models from NFS The Run to GTA IV will be a HUGE help. If you can help that would be wonderfull. Maybe you could even teach me something along the way. Sorry if Im hijacking the topic to Chicago, from Paris.

Eather way, were both planning on using models from other games to make a real city.

It's ok you really should get MSN man i could teach you over team viewer.

StunterDan
  • StunterDan

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:41 AM

Pics look nice but how are you going to do it ? Like San Andreas IV ? Look for a good Team and let them do the work again?

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:44 AM Edited by ShakingASS, 20 February 2012 - 04:47 AM.

I never let them do by them self.I been working hard on this mod and deserve some help from the community.I am serious as i was in other mod i am looking for people who actually will help.Last mod no one was helping they do 1 thing then stop.Besides my problem on other mod was stupid IDE and IPL.Like i stated long ago i relearned everything then cought back up with modding fast again.I remembered some sercets and ect while learning again.IV is easy for me i am use to how IV works.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

Well, Im helping out with EFLC stuff like I am with almost every Rage TC lol. Its nice to help the teams out in any way I can and get info before the rest of the world does.

Anywho, this will be good. I have played the map, and its a nice map Ill admit. The pics make it look smaller. There are two or three towns aready in the map. Anyways I hope this doesnt get added to my long TC graveyard list that goes back to 2008.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

It won't i am committed my favorite games of series to have in IV.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

I hate to be an ass, but your textures are to tiled biggrin.gif

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

I also wish people would stop ruining their screenshots with awful ENB settings... good luck with the map but the ENB settings you are using just kill the lighting entirely.

ItsAllAboutGTA
  • ItsAllAboutGTA

Project IV Staff

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

How bout the IV to SA project ? Will you stop it ?

MadJC
  • MadJC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Well, i liked Istanbul/ Konstantinopel from Revelations much more than Rome from Brotherhood. But of course it is your decision!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

In my opinion the map looks nice with the extra sunny original timecyc. Shaking if it's ok with you could I do that?

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

@ItsAllAboutGTA
My other project was taken over without asking me i don't care about it no more.People kept saying of your map which doesn't exist look at this how do i have maps in IV huh?I am real modeler......

@MadJC
I might have all map they are'nt big maps.

@gtasadude
Excuse me i fixed the enb series it's my own config.

@nkjellman
Like i said maybe but i have a taste of realism.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:03)
@ItsAllAboutGTA
My other project was taken over without asking me i don't care about it no more.People kept saying of your map which doesn't exist look at this how do i have maps in IV huh?I am real modeler......

@MadJC
I might have all map they are'nt big maps.

@gtasadude
Excuse me i fixed the enb series it's my own config.

@nkjellman
Like i said maybe but i have a taste of realism.

Forgot to ask, could I take screenshots?

To be honest, I think the current map creates a great Midevil environment. You should leave it in its Midevil form, release, then make it modern, and release.

BooMario
  • BooMario

Helo Mr. Snowman.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

the map is so nice but a new weather, more colorful will look better.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 06:44)
I never let them do by them self.I been working hard on this mod and deserve some help from the community.I am serious as i was in other mod i am looking for people who actually will help.Last mod no one was helping they do 1 thing then stop.Besides my problem on other mod was stupid IDE and IPL.Like i stated long ago i relearned everything then cought back up with modding fast again.I remembered some sercets and ect while learning again.IV is easy for me i am use to how IV works.

Why you deserve help from the community ?
I can't think of anything why you "deserve" it.

Maybe because the mod idea is bad you won't get much help?

A. Your converting -copyrighted non Rockstar material- to a rockstar game
B. You have a map where you can barely drive a car in
C. No peds to walk in the town, a town that lives because of people. (GTA Ciities are more made for cars)
D. Your using patch 1070? I don't see night shadows on your screens.
E. There are already many map mods, you won't find many people.

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

I am real modeler......

I fell down on my floor with wild laugh.
Converting and modeling are two diffrend things. If you calling your own as 'reall modeller', than who is HackMan and Luten and all other good modelers? They have worked on their skills even since VC era, and you just converted some map from AC with 3DX Ripper and 3ds max. Today everybody can do this, 'real modeler'... (and I think that mascotefera done all or nearly all work).

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:19 PM Edited by ShakingASS, 20 February 2012 - 06:22 PM.

QUOTE (xXaerooff2Xx @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:15)
I am real modeler......

Converting and modeling are two diffrend things. If you calling your own as 'reall modeller', than who is HackMan and Luten and all other good modelers? They have worked on their skills even since VC era, and you just converted some map from AC with 3DX Ripper and 3ds max. Today everybody can do this, 'real modeler'... (and I think that mascotefera done all or nearly all work).

Ya sure i also do modeling which is yet to release some other maps.Mascotefera even since i show him how to make IV mods he quite SA mods ask him he deleted all his SA stuff.

@Blaster_nl
Well it's called i won't release it here it be on gta4-mods later down the line.Also patch 4 shaders and ect. on patch 7.

@Nj
Yes you can.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 20:19)
I am real modeler......

Ya sure i also do modeling which is yet to release some other maps.

@Blaster_nl
Well it's called i won't release it here it be on gta4-mods later down the line.

@Nj
Yes you can.

That is not even my point, i'm not here to play as moderator and say the rules to you.

My point is converting stuff from other developers to another developers engine is just stupid, you might as well convert every game out there to rage.
And why of all games you choose AC? A city, time period, atmoshpehre that doesnt fit a gta game at all? Then at least choose someting logical like mafia, driver, la noire or something.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:24)
I am real modeler......

@Blaster_nl
Well it's called i won't release it here it be on gta4-mods later down the line.

@Nj
Yes you can.

That is not even my point, i'm not here to play as moderator and say the rules to you.

My point is converting stuff from other developers to another developers engine is just stupid, you might as well convert every game out there to rage.
And why of all games you choose AC? A city, time period, atmoshpehre that doesnt fit a gta game at all? Then at least choose someting logical like mafia, driver, la noire or something.

Look man you don't know my plans i have idea's i will let everyone know in due time.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Timecyc is bad . confused.gif

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:35)
Timecyc is bad . confused.gif

Don't worry me and NJ will figure out something about timecyc for you guys i will show without enb series.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

I am real modeler......

@Blaster_nl

@Nj
Yes you can.

I hope that doesn't make my Chicago map idea from NFS The Run stuped. It's so close to the real thing, and I fill in the rest.

But yes, I believe this map should stay Midevil because it's got a good Midevil feel. I played a Midevil TC for Vice City and it was really good.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 20:39)
I am real modeler......

@Blaster_nl

@Nj
Yes you can.

I hope that doesn't make my Chicago map idea from NFS The Run stuped. It's so close to the real thing, and I fill in the rest.

But yes, I believe this map should stay Midevil because it's got a good Midevil feel. I played a Midevil TC for Vice City and it was really good.

It didn't say the maps are stupid, the IDEA is.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 18:39)

I love your idea but we should stay on track here...
You can post screens but remember they have bugs that needs fixing i am researching the fps drops and weird lags it might be the shadows on models trying to figure how to completely remove then since the game series had no option to remove shadows.I hope to fix this reason why i need a team only you can do so much with 1 person as a map dev.

@Blaster_nl
I have a idea but first comes map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users