When posting a problem, be sure to include the following information about your computer:
- Operating system (Windows users: be sure to mention if you have Vista/XP/7/8, and which Service Pack you have)
- Video/Graphics card type + graphics memory
- RAM (random access memory)
- If you have installed mods, search or post a topic in this forum
This will help us to identify the problem.
Be sure to have a glance through our oh-so-useful Buglist, complete with multiple solutions to well-known recurring problems.
Please post modding questions in the modding forums!
Same problems with older and new installation
Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:18 AM
So what happened was after i installed it, everything worked fine except when i used to face printworks from the road infront of bank, the game used to get stuck and i had to press some key to return to desktop, this might sound weird but it wasnt only from bank area but if i am facing printworks from its nearby surrounding areas.
I thought the problem would be due to the mods i installed so i kinda ignored it as it didnt bother me more than 1 or 2 times. So last night i thought of fixing it by reinstalling vice city, but to my surprise
1) i cant start a new game or load an old saved game
2) i still have the same problem i had after i installed the mods
1) Yes i tried deleting gta_vc.set file in user files in documents, i even deleted that whole folder.
2) I tried installing GTAVC in other drive and also on a pen drive.
The only thing left in my mind is to reinstall windows 7 but that seems too much just for a game.
Thanks in advance.
Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:22 AM
It might be a CD problem. It happened with me too. Try deleting Rockstar Games folder from C:>Programs Files x86> Rockstar Games. The uninstallation doesn't removes the modded files! You need to uninstall it manually. It should work.
Edited by Dr. John13, 20 March 2012 - 07:28 AM.