[IV] [WIP] Costa Del Marco

14 replies to this topic
Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

user posted image

Giraffe-3D studio presents Grand Theft Auto IV modification - Costa Del Marco!

Costa Del Marco is a full of life city! Everything is for real: luxury cars, beautiful skyscrapers with reflective sides, the quiet seaside streets and avenues centre full of neon-lit, wild rocky beaches on the outskirts and stuffy ennobled "baths", freshness of a tropical palms and oppressive atmosphere of slums. It is much closer to you than you can think and the new Costa Del Marco modification for GTA IV from the Giraffe-3D Studio will help you to find out how much!
  • The main feature is a detailed high-poly map. You will enjoy the process of its exploration.
  • A very complex and thoughtful storyline with new bright characters and interesting missions.
  • New music is already in your hand-bag!

Screenshots:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Estemately coming out in 2012.

Developers (the list is not full and will be updated):

3D-modeling:
Altdies
Cashmachinego!
Johnix
mahmutil

Textures:
Cashmachinego!
Johnix
Smartbug

Thanks to:
3Doomer
Deniska
DimonCJ
user posted image

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

You can also watch us on moddb here: http://www.moddb.com...costa-del-marco

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

wow nice

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Nice mod. I will play this. But you should use Visual IV. I think it will look nice on this map.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:45 PM Edited by Frank.s, 21 February 2012 - 10:17 AM.

Great stuff.
From the pictures i see your 3d map modelers aren't adding vertex coloring to the map for day and night, is that going to be added? Without V-Cols it makes the whole map looks flat and bland compared to LC's deep depth. ModDB users suggest that you're using Half Life 2 textures, is this correct? Are any textures not from gta and not scratch made?
This seems like it has great potential. Who are your mission scripters? Are the missions going to be written in .sco or .net?

Does the map disappear after playing it for a while? How many objects are currently in-game? Could your map modelers post 3dsmax screens of the entire modeled map so that we can get an idea how much is created?

About the visual effects, a good timecyc alone should do the job well. Extra visual effects should be optional imho.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:10 AM Edited by Johnix1, 23 February 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Ok, I'll answer to clear everything out.
I planned to make little tropical islend, nothing huge and nothing compared to Gostown or Myriad. Then we united our island with one old unfinished mod from Cashmachinego!, and now all we need is to fill empty spaces on the map, make characters, timecyc, missions etc. As I already mentioned, nothing really huge, so don't stay that hyped =) A lot of mapping is done but there's still a lot to do.
We'll post news and new screens as soon as we'll make some =)

New screenshot!
user posted image
It's way easier to get a weapon in Costa Del Marco then in Liberty City!)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

If you would like, I could help you guys get this working on Episodes From Liberty City. That should give you more weapons to use.

gabrielgx
  • gabrielgx

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Wow, awesome map man, show more pictures.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Waiting for Assassins Creed Unity to drop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

This will probably never get made.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well, let's answer some questions)
If you would like, I could help you guys get this working on Episodes From Liberty City. That should give you more weapons to use.

We'll think about it, but I'd prefer to mod standart GTA4, because more people have it (I personally never played EFLC until January 2012 lol). I like the idea of having more weapons and cars, and I'll try to convert them to GTA4 from EFLC, and only if this won't work I'll convert this mod to EFLC.
This will probably never get made.

well, you know, you're partially right lol biggrin.gif this map was started in 2008 or even 2007 by Cashmachinego! and mahmutil, they made a lot but this mod was abandoned for a long time, only to resurrect in 2012. That's the main reason we don't want to make huge map - either it will take like another 5 years to complete, or we'll finally get tired of it and you'll never see a release.
We released a couple of huge mods in the past, like You Are Here or great theft car, so we know what we're into tounge2.gif
less words, more action)
Mod is in deep development at the moment and we will work hard to release it as soon as possible to you) I'd like to show some awesome screens to you soon.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Just wanted to show you all the progress we made since announcement. That's about 2/3 of the map. There are still some bugs and you can clearly see them on screenshot, but I hate to leave you guys with nothing. I guess if everything will be OK, the map will be done in several months.
http://www.moddb.com...images/progress

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Good to see progress. What about the vertex colors? I asked about them 2 months ago.

From the pictures i see your 3d map modelers aren't adding vertex coloring to the map, is that going to be added? Without Vertex Colours it makes the whole map looks flat and bland compared to LC's vivid deep depth. ModDB users suggest that you're using Half Life 2 textures, is this correct? Are any textures not from gta and not scratch made?
This seems like it has great potential. Who are your mission scripters? Are the missions going to be written in .sco or .net language?

Does the map disappear after playing it for a while? Could someone post 3dsmax screens of the entire modeled map so that we can get an idea how much is created and how much is left to do?

About the visual effects, a good timecyc alone should do the job well. Extra visual effects should be optional imho.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

didn't I answer some of your questions earlier? biggrin.gif
OK, so, about vertex coloring - I personally have no idea what is it, I'm not that experienced in 3d max smile.gif . Maybe some info about this and what exactly it does?
We use random textures we found in the internet for free, maybe some of them were from HL2, I can't say for sure, because I'm not that big HL fan.
We have 2 scripters - me and a friend of mine - we both had experience in scripting in SA, and we'll try to write missions in sco, however, that's too early to talk about that, because we won't do this until the map is done.
Map does not disappear after playing it for a while. And screen above is the entire modeled map as for now, so there's no reason to show it in 3ds max separately. I really hope that the map will be done in a couple of months. But of course I can't say for sure smile.gif
And I personally don't like current timecyc, I just downloaded random mod from the internet to make our mod look more sunny. I don't remember it's name, probably something like realistic IV? But I think that it's too bright and the colours are unrealistic. We will not use this mod in our release (at least without permission from creator) and we will try to make something ourselves, like Vice City rage developers did.
I hope this helped)

Cimbomlu37
  • Cimbomlu37

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Is this mod down?
Or are you still working on it?

Rage Team_old
  • Rage Team_old

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:01 PM