Photo

[HELP] Banner

7 replies to this topic
Jules14
  • Jules14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Well, trying to do a banner for a community, but simply came across with lack of ideas lately. I did a basic banner, with background, renders and stroke, lately adding some effects and textures, but I really want something more. So, I am not asking for any GFX request, but for some PS banners that would inspire me and work on another banner, to make something impressive.
Thanks.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Moved to Visual Arts.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Why don't you post the banner you've made, and then we can make suggestions?

Jules14
  • Jules14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:09 PM Edited by Jules14, 17 February 2012 - 06:16 PM.

I don't want to be like "I'm asking for help to the experienced guys because I can't and others can".

It's just some gay ass sh*t, I'm looking to something that can influence my new banner. I mean, I'll make a new banner, but I don't have enough inspiration.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Inspiration is all around you, google random things and combine the styles into one unique piece of art.

Jules14
  • Jules14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

That's it; when I do it, overloaded sh*t is being done.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Make a 'prototype' of your banner, and I or others will know how to help.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Think of what the banner is for, what do the people who will be using it do? What styles do they have that could be presented in the banner. For example a company's logo and banner are essential to represent the company and what their purpose is - because it's normally the first thing customers look at, and will make the difference between a purshase or not.

So this community, what do they do? What's this banner for? That's your first point to get inspired. Think about the subject your working with and think of ideas that could be applied. Google helps immensely for inspiration, and I often find myself being overloaded with choices too, but just narrow down what stands out to you and look at the styles and design they've used, and think of how you could apply it to your own idea without copying it directly. This is why posting the banner you did could help, it's always good to get other opinions and suggestions. That's one of the best possible ways to improve your work. What looks like sh*t to you may look great to others. Think of the audience, what kinds of people are going to be looking at this banner? And most importantly be creative. Sometimes inspiration just makes you feel bad about your work, just go with what you think. Originality is always better than copying what someone else has already done.

I always clear out my requests folders after they're a few months old, so I can't post any examples.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users