Quantcast

» «
Photo

Progression & News

243 replies to this topic

Poll: How much detail would you like to see in game - The more we do the better things will look on Rage /SA engines. Just before you vote also consider posting why replying below, Thankyou. (106 member(s) have cast votes)

How much detail would you like to see in game - The more we do the better things will look on Rage /SA engines. Just before you vote also consider posting why replying below, Thankyou.

1. Keep the maps original - no bridges. (16 votes [16.49%])

Percentage of vote: 16.49%

2. Keep the maps original - with bridges. (21 votes [21.65%])

Percentage of vote: 21.65%

3. Have the Airport with VCS changes. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Have the Airport with VCS / Beta map changes. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Vice City map with all the VCS changes (2 votes [2.06%])

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

6. Vice City map with all the VCS / Beta map changes. (1 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

7. VC, LC with Stories changes. (11 votes [11.34%])

Percentage of vote: 11.34%

8. VC, LC with Stories and Beta Map changes. (7 votes [7.22%])

Percentage of vote: 7.22%

9. I am in the process of remodeling LC and VC. How far should I go. (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Ditto with the question above with some nice add ons for SA too. (1 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

11. Remodel everything in the SA style and feel. (7 votes [7.22%])

Percentage of vote: 7.22%

12. You want to see something new and improved VC, LC and SA (13 votes [13.40%])

Percentage of vote: 13.40%

13. Go wild with 3dsmax and see what happens!. (17 votes [17.53%])

Percentage of vote: 17.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

wow.gif I'm sure this is gonna be INCREDIBLE.

Oh man, just think about SAMP/MTA servers full of people playing SOL :) A dream come true

Good luck, X-Seti! I wish you all the best of it.

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Awesome!! Can't wait to try this out!

Just a question, will SA be left in its default position (within the default 6000x6000 boundaries) and the other islands added according to the SOL map?

All the best for this awesome mod!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

The short reply is no, I would have to shift SA 2000 units left to center the map with VC, LC to the right.

I am rebuilding/ remodeling the map back into both VC and SA versions.

This will be the new standard for SOL and the future Rage Release.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (nWo51289 @ Friday, Jun 29 2012, 19:49)
Awesome!! Can't wait to try this out!

Just a question, will SA be left in its default position (within the default 6000x6000 boundaries) and the other islands added according to the SOL map?

All the best for this awesome mod!

It is also designed as X-Seti says above me so when we make a change to the map in VC SOL, we can just basically copy and paste it into SA SOL and update them both at the same time, which means porting updates to and from both engines to the other only takes a few minutes, instead of remapping everything in both games.

JJ_Judge
  • JJ_Judge

Tommy Vercetti! Remember the name!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

You guys are awesome. The most serious and skillful modding team around these forums nowadays, really.
I remember such serious effort and skill with GTA:LC and Myriad. And now SOL - actually, a dream for a true GTA-fan.

JJ_Judge
  • JJ_Judge

Tommy Vercetti! Remember the name!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

The new custom island are too squarish, maybe add a bit land around them, other than that - awesome.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

Nice work with this. You have been doing this for so long. Where do you get the time? lol.

Anyways if you use Rage, do you think you will use GTA IV, EFLC, or GTA V?

Also do you plan to do an IV era SOL? Combine GTA IV's map with GTA V's map, and any other GTA game's map that is in the IV erra.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have been thinking about this for some time.

Rage era; I will port our own scratch made models from SOL.

However when R brings out its 6th game for rage. I will start work on the next gen SOL.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Will we still have access to places such as the Vercetti Estate along with the other VC and III interiors in the SA Version?

Or will that not be possible due to the differences in how the interiors load up?

Will we also be getting access to any of the Stories Safehouses due to you guys recreating certain areas such as Toni's Portland Apartment exterior?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

I would like to maintain the originals as near as possible.

I am working on recreating the map from scratch so there will be some nice changes.

Entering locations could be done by other members of the team as this is mostly SCM generated.

Having our own models makes it earlier to port to Rage.

Images soon.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:47 AM Edited by nkjellman, 22 July 2012 - 01:50 AM.

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 05:59)
I would like to maintain the originals as near as possible.

I am working on recreating the map from scratch so there will be some nice changes.

Entering locations could be done by other members of the team as this is mostly SCM generated.

Having our own models makes it earlier to port to Rage.

Images soon.

Just wondering, have you done any research on Rage? What I mean is, have you figured out how to hack the map boundaries?

Once you get them hacked, I hope you release the source to the public. I'd love to see people make custom map mods well keeping LC, but not cramming them next to LC.

Edit: On the Rage version, will you keep IV's LC, or no because its a different era?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:32 AM Edited by X-Seti, 22 July 2012 - 07:43 AM.

This is not going to be very helpful just yet to anyone but everything I learn will be passed onto the community.

What do I know about Rage?. (Not a lot)

Models are restricted to 19999 objects just like SA but these objects are assigned to the engine on a model name bases not ID.

All the basic limits; I am looking into these in between working on the new SOL map.

Map bounds; I have not looked at this yet because the paths will have to be looked into as well, I do not want to repeat my mistakes in the past and having empty streets in any future release.

Working on the SA version first along side the VC version and this will make it easy to port everything across to Rage.

There will be 2 Rage versions;

1. The current map with GTAIII, VC and SA remodeled.

2. The next gen version with Liberty City (GTAIV) and what ever else Rockstar releases (GTAV) will be combined into the Next Gen SOL map.

smile.gif

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Nice, but what about storylines? I know they're not possible on RAGE yet, but is the VC version's story the same as SA's and (future) IV's?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Just a quick update about me mostly:

I have decided to take a break this week and maybe next as we seem to have some good weather for a change from the Rain and Floods.

The wife and I have spent last week traveling around the UK as we want to move out of Bognor Regis, so I have been checking out the Jurassic Coast and around Devon, we may look more up north if the weather holds up. Anyone live anyplace good? Give me some ideas here!

Team - We have done some understanding work with the paths and EXE Launcher.

I have been reversing SA and looking into Rage, we want a limit adjuster for the map boundaries so I've taken a peek into this too.

Guys - Take a break, it's the summer, enjoy the sun if you've got it. God knows we don't get it enough around here - The Project will always be here.

xellos92
  • xellos92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Is there approximately a release date? (I mean, this year? or 2013) XD

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

I will set one soon, Right now I am looking for computer parts for me dev PC.

I just replaced my PSU, once I have that all in working order I can continue.

xellos92
  • xellos92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

oh I see! I also have to change lot of parts for my computer =/
good job by the way! =)

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Thankyou m8

I started off with a 8800 Nvidia Ultra, then someone sent me a 8800GT.

Both cards have given it up, so I'm looking around for something that will last.

smile.gif

xellos92
  • xellos92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

I see... however if you need some help just ask! i'm a good skin modder =) you can check my YT channel if you want (paranzopoli)

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

X-Seti will the SOL Team be increasing the weapon limit in order to include most of the weapons that have appeared in the series much like with the Vehicles?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Not sure.

Thats an interesting idea worth looking into.

What weapons if any would you want in the game.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Well personally I would like to see the weapons that have appeared throughout the series III,VC,SA & Stories weapons.

Plus the unused ones from VC's PS2 files which included

-Nailgun
-Silenced Pistol (Different to SA Version)
-Steyr Aug
-Grenade Launcher
-Cutscene Desert Eagle
-Cutscene Shotgun
-Cutscene Python (Smaller Barrel)

If you are interested in getting these files I can hook you up since I have V1 of the VC PS2 disc and i know somebody who can do the model conversions to get them to work on SA. Only thing is they would need Icons making for the respective games.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:29 AM Edited by X-Seti, 12 February 2013 - 03:59 AM.

GTA SOL beta 69x (Map version 5) and 70x (Maps from scratch)

There will be no more downloads of beta 69.5 will I can find a stable file host.

I have delayed SOLbeta 70.0 till after Christmas (Leaning more towards March).

There has not been a lot of development as late, this is due to a lot going on with team members out studying, Me with my personal life, family, and being without my development PC. In the time I had before all the goings on I have ported 30% of the map to SA, The new Midway island, Midway south and some of VC to see how things will look towards the jump to Rage later once everything has been ported over to SA.

The plan is to get every model in the game under 20000 object ID with LODs remade for each new object. This also entails that I have to rename every model in the IMG /Data file achieves so LODs can be seen by the engine.

A good example would be to rename the models like NorVCTranbit01 and the LOD counterpart would be LODVCTranbit01, The naming scheme is set out like Nor for Normal and VC for ViceCity. This will help us see what these objects are and where in each city these belong and help the engine toggle between near and far objects faster. I at least hope this will speed up FPS.

I will be introducing a chain of smaller islands to solve the horizon and flickering / rending issues between the gaps between the islands, so from the Airport in VC your now see hills in the distance half way between LAE.

Some of the old existing objects will be combined to reduce IDs even more and once on Rage there are map limits to overcome but there are not many other limits to get in the way.

For beta 70 I have decided to move towards scratch made models. A map we can call our own that I will feel better porting to Rage.

-----

Lehlu3
  • Lehlu3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 10:29)
GTA SOL beta 70.

I have delayed SOLbeta 70.0 till after Christmas (New Year maybe).

There has not been a lot of development as late, this is due to a lot going on with team members out studying, Me with my personal life, family, and being without my development PC. In the time I had before all the goings on I have ported 30% of the map to SA, The new Midway island, Midway south and some of VC to see how things will look towards the jump to Rage later once everything has been ported over to SA.

The plan is to get every model in the game under 20000 object ID with LODs remade for each new object. This also entails that I have to rename every model in the IMG /Data file achieves so LODs can be seen by the engine.

A good example would be to rename the models like NorVCTranbit01 and the LOD counterpart would be LODVCTranbit01, The naming scheme is set out like Nor for Normal and VC for ViceCity. This will help us see what these objects are and where in each city these belong and help the engine toggle between near and far objects faster. I at least hope this will speed up FPS.

I will be introducing a chain of smaller islands to solve the horizon and flickering / rending issues between the gaps between the islands, so from the Airport in VC your now see hills in the distance half way between LAE.

Some of the old existing objects will be combined to reduce IDs even more and once on Rage there are map limits to overcome but there are not many other limits to get in the way.

Hey, I like to help! Whats there to do??? dontgetit.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

I would like to know what you can do.

Can you code, Model using 3dsmax?

Have a look at the recruitment thread before you reply to this.

ken rosenberg1234
  • ken rosenberg1234

Trust me, i am lawyer

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 00:06)
I would like to know what you can do.

Can you code, Model using 3dsmax?

Have a look at the recruitment thread before you reply to this.

Excuse me i don't know where to post this but i got a crop duster working
perfectly in mvl biggrin.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Upload this onto GTAGarage also look at the other vehicle mods first to get an idea first.

There is a simple format you need to follow.

State that it is for MVL + VC.

ken rosenberg1234
  • ken rosenberg1234

Trust me, i am lawyer

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Sunday, Aug 19 2012, 12:34)
Upload this onto GTAGarage also look at the other vehicle mods first to get an idea first.

There is a simple format you need to follow.

State that it is for MVL + VC.

I xan follow these instuctions I xan send it to you thru pm if you want
smile.gif

ken rosenberg1234
  • ken rosenberg1234

Trust me, i am lawyer

• Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 08:08)
Right now, VC and SA

Iam not a fan for iv but does iv have enough memory
For sol??? biggrin.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Not sure at this time m8

I have not tried to port all the map into Rage yet to find out.

I have 8Gb of memory on this machine, but I need to aim for those who have 4Gb at least to run the mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users