Suggestion for gangs.

8 replies to this topic
geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'll keep it short as I'm on my mobile. I feel we should have a limit to who can make gangs. Instead of allowing new members to create gangs, make a rule stating the gang leader must have been registered to GTAForums for a couple of months (1-3 months) before being able to start up a gang. My reasoning is simple, new members are spamming up the GFX section and the Gangs section to create a gang, when most of them disband/get closed after a short amount of time, which is wasting forum space and making it hard for people who actually feel -determined- to get their GFX's/gang's looked at by the community/artists.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

I'd even go so far as to say that if you want to start a gang, and have it be based here on the forums, you need to have been here for at least a year. Otherwise, go join someone else's gang. Not everyone can be a leader.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 00:38)
I'd even go so far as to say that if you want to start a gang, and have it be based here on the forums, you need to have been here for at least a year. Otherwise, go join someone else's gang. Not everyone can be a leader.

I wouldn't go that far. tounge.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 19:49)
QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 00:38)

I wouldn't go that far. tounge.gif

Meh. At least that way they learn how to compromise and make some friends before starting out, which will make them more successful in the end.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 00:59)
Meh. At least that way they learn how to compromise and make some friends before starting out, which will make them more successful in the end.

I'd say 2-5 months would make that possible. If the member is willing to become a successful member of the community and get a good reputation from contributing to the forum, they can reach limits such as this before the year mark.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 20:01)
QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 00:59)

I'd say 2-5 months would make that possible. If the member is willing to become a successful member of the community and get a good reputation from contributing to the forum, they can reach limits such as this before the year mark.

I'd say six months at the very least. It's a good way to weed out the twelve year olds that just got GTA IV for their birthday or something and come on here wanting to lead a gang. In my opinion, you should also have some experience being IN a gang. Otherwise you're not going to know the inner workings and communication skills needed to run one. Too much wishful thinking around here, everyone wants to be number one, but it doesn't work that way. We need more members than leaders, not the other way around.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

I can agree with you with some elements of your opinion, but then a few places I'd disagree. I mean, look at me, I've been here for almost five months now, and I'd say I've got a decent reputation with the decent members around here. I've contributed a lot, yet lately my posts have become shorter, but straight to the point, which is what people want, in the end. I've had my experience in a few gangs, both here and on role-play's etc. Now I'm about to start a social group which will be less on members and more on social with other forum members, and role-play on SA:MP when possible (if members have SA:MP).

See where I'm coming from?

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

I do to a degree. Obviously a year would be more of a guideline than a rule. You've managed to make a good name for yourself quickly (and without spamming) which is considerably better than most new members. You're kind of at one end of the scale, but there are others at the opposite end. Take for example someone who registers and just makes short pointless posts once a week. It takes time to judge people, and some can be judged faster than others.

Honestly there's not really a good way to moderate it though.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:28 AM Edited by fireguy109, 17 February 2012 - 01:31 AM.

It's more about the internet maturity and experience working with the forums, especially learning the rules (both written and unwritten), than it is about the reputation you build. This comes with time and work. When people start reporting posts and get to know the rules and make sure people are following them without simply dropping in and saying "this should be locked" or "this goes in the wishlist in b4 the lock", there's a lot better odds that they'll run their gang according to the rules and not get involved in the petty squabbles and rule breaking that takes place here everyday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users