Photo

Can anybody show me how to drift?

8 replies to this topic
locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hey guys i just remembered, for a long time i wanted to learn how to drift in IV but i just never got it, i was wondering if anyone could show me a tutorial or a video that shows you how to drift successfully in IV.

Thanks.

uramet
  • uramet

Opportunist Theif

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

get car

go to a beach, an actual beach with sand, north east Alderney for example

shoot all wheels on car

practice and have fun

HOTMILFDAD
  • HOTMILFDAD

R! (Since '08)

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:49 AM Edited by Nigel xD, 17 February 2012 - 03:05 AM.

I think I've got the drifting in the Futo down.
I managed to do a perfect circle around a gas station enough times that the wheels popped in Bohan once!
It was great.

The trick with the Futo is to have a lot of speed and take a corner lightly (let's say you're going right, push the analog stick a bit to the right).
Midway through the turn, push the analog stick all the way right, then counter steer as needed.
Make sure you're also putting enough balance on the accelerator and brake while doing this too.

Should take some practice to get a feel for it.
This also work on the Tampa but don't push the analog stick all the way when you get midway through the turn (as the Tampa seems to weigh 400 tons more than the Futo, the rear end will just slide out).

I recommend practicing at the RON gas station in Bohan!
It has enough space for you to approach it with speed and you can practice circling around the station like I did colgate.gif
Just make sure you shoot out the gas tanks before you start. You don't wanna crash into it!

user posted image

As you can see from my path, I start from the street coming in fast, I dip into the station, turn a bit, then really turn, then follow through icon14.gif

I hope this was of some help colgate.gif
Good luck icon14.gif

EDIT: Oh sh*t, totally forgot to tell you to use to Futo GT - the one the Albanian Mob uses.
Not the regular Futo.

user posted image
That one icon14.gif

SoT_Agent
  • SoT_Agent

The Agent of The SoT.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Well...I have to say that Nigel's plan is complicated,but it works.I drift differently though.For this drifting technique you gotta have pretty good timing.The technique is simple'n'easy.Just drive at medium-fast speed,when a corner comes pull the handbrake and steer to the direction of the corne.2/3 through the drift hit gas fast and carry on.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

i can onlydrift in the feltzer and the f620/ super gt

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Thanks a lot everybody! Especially you Nigel, i'm definitely gonna try that, also it seems like the coquette is a good drifting car so after i master the drifting with the Futo i'm gonna check with the coquette.

You rock people.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

its possible to drift in any vehicle. i actually was drifting in a lime green flatbed (parked on the opposite side of the parking lot next to the helipad in west algonquin, its behind a grey fence across from the skate park)

i wonder if the futo GT is online.....i drift in the regular futo all the time, its my favorite car. driving is a very exact science in gta4 i love it.

i just dislike wen a lightpole or fence stops your 1 ton vehicle in its tracks lol

BlueCyberDemon
  • BlueCyberDemon

Quick & 2 Points!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

It is possible if you a bit driveing in IRL ( Or Not? idsk! o.0 )
you are able to drift due Rockstar's GTA Leader is trying to make the next GTAs be more real & there handeling be real, so download/make a drifting area with a tool & pick up the best drifting car in GTA IVs doesn't matter if is GTA IV/TBoGT/TLAD

HOTMILFDAD
  • HOTMILFDAD

R! (Since '08)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (SoT_Agent @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 18:46)
Well...I have to say that Nigel's plan is complicated,but it works.I drift differently though.For this drifting technique you gotta have pretty good timing.The technique is simple'n'easy.Just drive at medium-fast speed,when a corner comes pull the handbrake and steer to the direction of the corne.2/3 through the drift hit gas fast and carry on.

Heh, thanks.
I'm no good at explaining things, but I try tounge2.gif

QUOTE (locolow2011)
Thanks a lot everybody! Especially you Nigel, i'm definitely gonna try that, also it seems like the coquette is a good drifting car so after i master the drifting with the Futo i'm gonna check with the coquette.

You rock people.

Good luck, man!
I never tried it with the Coquette mainly because I can never find one tounge2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users