» «
Photo

What was up with Bulgarin?

13 replies to this topic
Branimir202
  • Branimir202

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:34 AM Edited by Branimir202, 16 February 2012 - 08:37 AM.

In TBOGT Bulgarin was another character I found interesting, if not a bit odd. Seriously what was up with him and stuff like him shooting up at the ceiling towards his sister? and always having that AK with him? Plus why was he so desperate to get Luis to quit on Tony? What did you guys think? did he just have a few screws loose in the head? or was he just obsessed with being feared? and with money?

Even after all these years I still found him interesting, and wish we could've learned more about him

Just seemed strange, and I couldn't quite figure out what exactly.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

What was up with him? Bad writing on R*'s part, that's what.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

I don't know, but it's like R* forgot who Bulgarin was in GTA IV and turned him into some guitar playing douchebag.

I found it hard to take him seriously in TBOGT. Much prefer his sinister presence in GTA IV.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

I think the issue was in GTA4, we only see the "mysterious crime boss" Bulgarin. TBoGT shows us the "normal home life" Bulgarin. He can't be a badass crime boss every minute of every day, after all, so they show us what he's like when he's not at the office.

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

hah, that guitar cutscene was class.

But I think this was Rockstar's attempt at fleshing him out.
Like Lancet said, they show us what he's like when he's not out killing people icon14.gif
  • kimdomghyun likes this

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:05 AM Edited by AceRay, 18 February 2012 - 12:19 AM.

QUOTE (Nigel xD @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 15:36)
hah, that guitar cutscene was class.

But I think this was Rockstar's attempt at fleshing him out.
Like Lancet said, they show us what he's like when he's not out killing people icon14.gif

So, he's a massive 2 dimensional douche bag idiot? Its an interesting idea, seeing the big tough killer at home, but it was so ridiculous and so retarded. It would be better if he was doing stuff you'd expect a tough mob boss to do in their spare time instead of getting bossed around by his sister and playing guitar.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

I liked how they did it with the head, though. Wasn't expecting that. And then the whole thing with the rooftops.

I really liked that mission, and it was actually really scary for me, haha.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Like most people Bulgarin behaves differently towards different persons. Obviosly he doesn't like Niko, and therefore he is appears to be mysterious and cold when we first meet him in GTA IV. In TBoGT, Luis teams up with Bulgarin and obviosly he behaves very differently towards someone whom he consider to be his ally.

He doesn't like to have his possesions stolen and eventually he ends up being robbed by Luis too. That's when the Bulgarin we are used to see in GTA IV returns.
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8 likes this

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

Thank you! I didn't have to type a thing. all that exactly.

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Saturday, Feb 18 2012, 15:37)
Like most people Bulgarin behaves differently towards different persons. Obviosly he doesn't like Niko, and therefore he is appears to be mysterious and cold when we first meet him in GTA IV. In TBoGT, Luis teams up with Bulgarin and obviosly he behaves very differently towards someone whom he consider to be his ally.

He doesn't like to have his possesions stolen and eventually he ends up being robbed by Luis too. That's when the Bulgarin we are used to see in GTA IV returns.

You know, that is very true and pretty much explains it all, like for the people he doesn't know, he acts all bad ass and serious, but for his "friends" or assosiates he acts all childish and crazy(the real him)

I have to say, i was kinda dissapointed with him because i was expecting the most bad ass russian mobster in all of Liberty City,
and instead we got that.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

I wish they would release a gta prequel or spin off with Ray Bulgarin to show why he is the way he is, he is obviously damaged goods, it was hinted that he had unpleasant relationship with his mother, his child-est personality shows signs of being sexually abused.

However i think Ray Bulgarin was just the tip of the ice, i think his boss avenged his death by having Luis killed and luis family kidnapped and sold into sex slavery...it be good if Ray Bulgarins boss appeared in gta v and he seems like a sweet guy, a gentlemen but really he is a cold mob boss.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Rockstar f*cked up the writing. no surprise there. but i guess they wanted to make him cool and silly so he can fit into TBOGT. if they made him as serious as he was in IV it would've seemed odd. every character in TBOGT was like that.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 27 September 2013 - 12:00 AM.

he was only in 2 scenes in IV so its not like they changed his Character they quite simply Created who he was not all Villains have to be serious motherf*ckers i personally thought he was ok myself he was no Dimtri Rascalov though. 

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Maybe he was blinded by revenge ;)

And I reckon they added the guitar scene in because it was TBOGT - more about nightlife and music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users