Photo

Memory usage

3 replies to this topic
Xcom46
  • Xcom46

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

Way does the game take over a 1,000,000k in Ram and it keep going and going i think that's way the game crash's alot the game takes way too much ram my mem usage is at 1,079,680 right now there is no reason for a game too take that much even with good Graphics on high i think there might be a memory hog in the game some where i mean i got plenty of ram yes 8 gigs but there should be no reason for a stand alone game too take this much.even a mmo does not take this much ram.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

This is hardly a troubleshooting topic. The game engine has been built inefficiently and that's that.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Xcom46 @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 06:50)
even a mmo does not take this much ram.

Oh? I've seen a couple of MMO's get above 3GB usage by themself, and Crysis can get above 1.5GB RAM usage on highest settings so this amount of usage is nothing unheard of. What the hell else are you going to use 8GB of ram for while gaming? Why is it bad that it is getting used?

Xcom46
  • Xcom46

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:57 AM Edited by Xcom46, 17 February 2012 - 07:03 AM.

Yes but most MMO's have memory leaks too and they have not found them yet lol just kinda wired stand alone game takes so much lol i know that its poorly made.And i may have 8 gigs but its better then 2 like i have had for years.This new computer can play just about any game out there right now.So i am ready.I think there is some memory leak some where in the game it should not take up 1,000,000K+ too run the game.may be half that even on high settings.I remember pirates of the caribbean online had so many memory leaks it was unreal i found one on there all most every other day.I played that game for 3 years then got board with it be cause it did not have any new content.Took them over 2 years too bring out new content.I could fit 16gigs of ram in my computer if i wanted too.But 8 is enough.For now.And another reason i have 8 is be cause i get the Rip jaw ones for like 2 in a pack for 40 a piece that's way i all so have 8 gigs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users