Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to make a empty space in textures .png files ?

3 replies to this topic
DarK64
  • DarK64

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hi. Lately im trying to edit some car skins. I have one problem - don't know how to do a empty space - visible as a grey&white chess board...

user posted image

But when i try to edit it in paint - the grey&white chessboard become a white field. If i save my project and put it into a car and game - car will be white and i can't change his color. So when i try to edit the file the empty space become a car skin. - How to edit it without make it full car skin?

Susu986
  • Susu986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (DarK64 @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 13:56)
Hi. Lately im trying to edit some car skins. I have one problem - don't know how to do a empty space - visible as a grey&white chess board...

user posted image

But when i try to edit it in paint - the grey&white chessboard become a white field. If i save my project and put it into a car and game - car will be white and i can't change his color. So when i try to edit the file the empty space become a car skin. - How to edit it without make it full car skin?

Forget Paint, that is for 5 year old kids to draw flowers (okay, sometimes it is handy, but come on...) smile.gif
Get Adobe Photoshop, where you can create a new image with transparent background, or edit an existing skin with transparency.
Paint won't do that, sorry. sad.gif

DarK64
  • DarK64

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

OK - thx for answer. I'll try but i hope it won't be to complicated for me ( i never used photoshop before )

DarK64
  • DarK64

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Once again - thx for help! Here some scrns of what i've done
three kind of Polish taxi'ies smile.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users