Unique jump @ Ocean Docks, LS help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
Positron
  • Positron

El Grande Smokio

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hello, I can't seem to make the unique jump located near the sewers (the one which you have to enter the truck lot). The staircase is so sh*tty, it has one step, then it is plain, and then again come some stairs. I'm using a PSJ-600.

Metzger
  • Metzger

Robber

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

I am not quite sure about what unique jump you are talking about, because there are several of them in the area. I tell you what, load your game, mark that jump on a map with a player target icon, save your game, upload your save at http://www.gtasnp.com, post a link in this topic and I will check it out. You must also tell me what exactly do you want. Do you want me to do this jump for you, or, do you want me to describe a best way to do it?

Oh, I almost forgot. Your game version must be V1. Otherwise, I won't be able to load your saved game. I also hope, that your game is not tweaked by modifications, because some of them may prevent me from loading your savefile.

However, if you game's version is other than V1, or, for some reason I won't be able to load your game save, then upload a screenshoot with a map, where that jump is marked.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

This map allows you mark locations with flashing spots.
GTA Snap Map Powered by Wikigta.org.

OR reference the number off this one:
Jumps Map © By dark52 from MyEpsilon.org

Positron
  • Positron

El Grande Smokio

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:05 PM Edited by Positron, 15 February 2012 - 04:23 PM.

user posted image
To access it you have to enter the truck park and continue until you see a pathway on the right which crosses over the sewers. The jump is located on the other side. If you can't help me with your descriptions I will upload a save. It is v1, it is not modded, so you won't have any problems. And, please, don't kill any pedestrians, I'm trying to play as clean as I can.

P.S. Oh, nevermind, I made it! I guess I had to sleep, cause today I made it on the first try and yesterday I was trying for hours...

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Alright, I tried to do the jump, and fortunately it was a success. I also found out why you weren't able to pass it. It's because of the bike you're using. I did it with the NRG-500, the fastest bike in the game that can be found in a parking lot, and you can do the jump easily without needing any kind of Bike Skill. Here's a picture with its' location.

user posted image

The key at doing this jump is to make that U-turn with some speed, and directly after turning to head the stairs. To also make the bike go faster, tap the Numpad 9 key while going forward. Here are two pictures, showing the way of how I did it.

user posted imageuser posted image

You can still post a Save N' Play request, if you want, as Metzger said, by uploading your save file here, and we'll pass the Unique Jump for you. And also don't worry, we're not supposed to mess around with your save, but do straight only what we have to do. Good luck. icon14.gif

Positron
  • Positron

El Grande Smokio

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:25 PM Edited by Positron, 15 February 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Thanks, but just a couple of minutes ago I succeeded, well, the bike didn't jump over the concrete block; I crashed, as usual, but it was high enough for the game to mark the unique jump.

OK, now I got stuck at the LS airport and the jump there.
user posted image
Dammit, the farthest I go is smth like 220 ft... What's the trick? I am using the NRG bike.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Try leaning forward as the front wheel hits the ramp. This should provide a little more jump height, which seems to help a lot for that jump. Sometimes leaning back helps more, it depends on the jump. Once in the air try keep the bike level; you'll lose a bit of distance if the front wheel is too high. Also, this jump is often more manageable with a fast jumping car like the Banshee. Nitro isn't necessary since there is such a long approach available.

Positron
  • Positron

El Grande Smokio

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yes, I did it after a hundred tries, the trick is to tap repeatedly the forward arrow key (lean down), but not hold it down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users