Photo

iOS Games?

2 replies to this topic
Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I was wondering how these type of games are made? If you know of the game "Temple Run", I was wondering how exactly this type of game is made, it's obviously ran on an engine but which one is it? Or was this type of engine built ground up? Any other additional information on creating a game like this would be great, thanks!

S.A. Lowell
  • S.A. Lowell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Indi @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 00:02)
I was wondering how these type of games are made? If you know of the game "Temple Run", I was wondering how exactly this type of game is made, it's obviously ran on an engine but which one is it? Or was this type of engine built ground up? Any other additional information on creating a game like this would be great, thanks!

This question is hard to answer without the developers releasing said information. Are you asking this because you're researching the process? Or are you inspired and want to make your own similar game?

"it's obviously ran on an engine but which one is it. Or was this type of engine built ground up?" - Not easy to answer. They could have done it either way and no matter what it's not always easy to tell. D=

"Any other additional information on creating a game like this would be great, thanks!" - Your best bet on this is reading books. There's some information available online but it's often pretty hard to interpret and often incomplete.

If you're trying to develop your own game then this book would be a start: http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/1556229119 . But if you haven't any programming experience than you've got quite a few years of learning ahead of you.

If you're trying to research the process for a paper or something then I honestly can't provide any good sources for that, sorry =(

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I clearly have no idea, but the obviously easiest ways to do the 3D games would be Unity or UDK. turn.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users