Photo

GTA III 10th Anniversary Modding Scene

21 replies to this topic
bLo0dD
  • bLo0dD

[mSLm]-bLo0dD|str|Ct

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'd like to see a separate section for us to discuss this game, not only for modding but maybe for other aspects of the game too. I understand it's very similar to the PC version, but when it comes to modding, things are different here and there and it would be great to have a place to discuss and post confirmed working mods because not all pc mods are compatible, and I know many people are hard at work making mods so I wouldn't want to miss out on the releases of these mods. I believe this is good to have so we can grow this community with this game as well... Thanks for reading mods!!

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

I think modding those, um... iPhones are illegal, if not, prove me I am wrong monocle.gif , not really sure about it though.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

You don't have to modify the phone in any way at all, modding for Iphone or Android is no more illegal than modding for PC. And I wholly agree with the new section proposal, will certainly help aid confusion and whatnot as the GTA III scene is taking off again.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

SA, VC, and III don't have dedicated sections - why should the mobile version of III? In all honesty, it would seem to me that there should just be a dedicated vehicle topic and coding topic and general topic and the most active ones should be pinned. Someone could even make a disambiguation page and you could pin that.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 22:40)
SA, VC, and III don't have dedicated sections

Agreed, they use the icons next to the title thread to indicate what game they are referring too. I would think a new icon for the Iphone version wouldn't be a bad idea.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

I say new icon.
user posted image

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, they could even just recolor the original III logo to the new colors.

user posted image

CODE
http://i.imgur.com/gqVzD.png

user posted image

CODE
http://i.imgur.com/A7AlB.png

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

Fireguy, can you merge the green Iphone robot behind the yellow III or if it ould look better keep the II white? That would look nifty either way. I suggest that because simply changing the color may be misleading or gone by unnoticed.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:22 AM Edited by leik oh em jeez!, 15 February 2012 - 05:25 AM.

How's this?

user posted image

CODE
http://i.imgur.com/lWqoD.png

user posted image

CODE
http://i.imgur.com/fek60.png

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'd go with the first one. Thanks for making those, good work.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 05:10)
QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 22:40)
SA, VC, and III don't have dedicated sections

Agreed, they use the icons next to the title thread to indicate what game they are referring too. I would think a new icon for the Iphone version wouldn't be a bad idea.

Agreed.
I prefer Golden Icon Fireguy made, since that is Logo of III 10 Year Anniversary, so it would be better.
It's easily recongniseable.

Post 1,400.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Remember though, the mobile edition isn't just for Android or Iphone. It's for both. You can't use one logo and not the other.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 09:40)
Remember though, the mobile edition isn't just for Android or Iphone. It's for both. You can't use one logo and not the other.

There's an Apple logo overlaid over the entire logo at 1% opacity. They're both there.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 17:40)
QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 09:40)

There's an Apple logo overlaid over the entire logo at 1% opacity. They're both there.

Nice way to overshadow Apple there, I can barely see it.

I don't know, I think a pinned topic in the III section would be better idea than anything else. Interest is indeed taking off, but it would be too tiny of a section to make it worth it I think. Don't listen to me though, I'm just a lowly mod voicing opinion.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

To be honest, it just looks like a bunch of random green dots to me. I don't even see the apple. whatsthat.gif It's hard to make a complicated image at that tiny scale; something simple and clean would work better, IMO.

I wasn't suggesting changing the III logo, I meant adding one for the Anniversary Edition so people can make it more obvious what it is they're talking about.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 20:18)
To be honest, it just looks like a bunch of random green dots to me. I don't even see the apple. whatsthat.gif It's hard to make a complicated image at that tiny scale; something simple and clean would work better, IMO.

The green is the Android. It's hard to see the Apple because of how transparent it is.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

I think that the logo should just be the golden III because that's the 10th anniv. logo.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Why should there be another section for that, when there is already a perfectly good modding section for III? I mean, the mobile version does not have as many users(players)as the PC and even PS2 players, to my knowledge? What's wrong with just using the existing section, but just adding the platform to your topic title?

Plus, if i'm not mistaken(from my Law Enforcement experience), modding a mobile phone game is similar to modding a game console(ie. PS2, PS3, X-Box, or a 360)-meaning it is illegal, as stated in Statue 815.06-source is the Criminal Justice Source Book 2009-2010 Edition. From reading that Statue, Mobile phones like Andriods and I-Phones fall into that category.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

But then how exactly would PC modding be exempt from that? Surely you are allowed to change or edit something you own a copy of as much as you like as long as doing so doesn't detract from the original, or take profit away from the original creators.

Otherwise it's like saying you can buy a Mercedes, but if you change the rims, or swap out the radio you're breaking the law?

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 15:15)
But then how exactly would PC modding be exempt from that? Surely you are allowed to change or edit something you own a copy of as much as you like as long as doing so doesn't detract from the original, or take profit away from the original creators.

Otherwise it's like saying you can buy a Mercedes, but if you change the rims, or swap out the radio you're breaking the law?

It's the reverse engineering that's done to make the modding tools that's illegal.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:28 PM Edited by radioman, 20 February 2012 - 09:03 PM.

But then how exactly would PC modding be exempt from that?

More than likely PC is exempt cause you are just editing files..Whereas on Consoles-yes Androids and I-Phones are under the same law as consoles, as the Android is an OS as is the I-Phone(mac OS)-you have to either modify the disc and/or the console itself...This is why all topics that pertain to modding in the LCS and VCS sections end up locked and why you don't see any mods at GTAGarage for those games and why there is no modding section either-cause those are Console games...

That has nothing to do with it-lol. Statue 815 refers to computers and console gaming...But, swapping a car stereo out is something totally different and one that has to be done eventually, as the radio that comes with the car is bound to wear out/break after a certain amount of time. tounge2.gif lol.gif

Also, it seems that No-CD/No-DVD cracks are legal for use on legitimate games, it is just illegal to post links on where to get them? Here is proof from a moderator to back that up:
our policy is to allow discussion of the No-CD crack to to fix legitimate problems with the game running that cannot be fixed any other way but no links or what not.
tounge2.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 21:28)
But then how exactly would PC modding be exempt from that?

More than likely PC is exempt cause you are just editing files..Whereas on Consoles-yes Androids and I-Phones are under the same law as consoles, as the Android is an OS as is the I-Phone(mac OS)-you have to either modify the disc and/or the console itself...This is why all topics that pertain to modding in the LCS and VCS sections end up locked and why you don't see any mods at GTAGarage for those games and why there is no modding section either-cause those are Console games...

On both IOS and Android, you are only editing files saved on your device. No device modification is necessary at all. So therefore we should be all ok.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users