Photo

Out of Comission

3 replies to this topic
wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

I know there are already topics but my problems seems slightly different. I can't seem to get up into the helicopter after the bike jump, it tells me to tap left shift, but when I do this it keeps on going to rear view camera back to forwards of Niko everytime I tap it, so surely I am pressing the wrong key? You only get like 10 seconds so hardly time to workout what's wrong. I haven't tried FRAPS but it seems the key is wrong anyway. It was set to left shift jump and said press left shift to get up but it seems to be doing what the key "C" did which was rear view camera.

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

The famous helicopter glitch.

It seems to be a frame rate problem, so anything that brings down the frame rate to 30 FPS and/or smooths it out will help.

I've managed to get past the problem by turning off v-sync in the graphics option.

Others have had success by running FRAPs [Set it to record video as soon as Niko grabs the helicopter]

Mapping a different keys on the keyboard or set it to a mouse button for a quicker hit rate!

Good Luck

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

It's the space bar. Tap it fast.
If it looks like it's lagging or glitching, you may have the helicopter glitch.
Try my solution.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=404808

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'll not argue with either of the previous posters but I'll make a comment on what seems to be going on. The actual mechanics of it are down to the keyboard mapping options on the PC version of GTA-IV, and seem to effect ANY key irrespective of choice which is mapped to use as ''climb'' with the helicopter. What I and others have been told by those cheerful chaps at Rockstar Games is that on high end (performance PC's) machines the program seems to be confused by the up-up-up-up tapping but strangely only on the helicopter mission as this same glitch never seems to effect Niko when he is calimbing up the back of a truck load of grace being driven around the streets of northern Alderney by a deranged Triad member. Either way, I've proven to myself over and over again that with FRAPS installed and with it set to ''record'' the glitch is somehow negated and subsequently although it takes a little effort Niko does eventually get into the copter and the game can be completed. Curiously, Rockstar Games has never released a patch for this particular glitch so it may well be a code issue (something to do with the time between key presses and the repeating of a selected or defined function). That's all i have on it, but if anyone else finds out exactly what the infamous glitch is really all about, please feel free to post it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users