Quantcast

» «
Photo

Even Rockstar hates Luis

18 replies to this topic
AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

I have to say, the most interesting thing about the latest A&A was their description of Luis when asked why you couldn't have a homosexual relationship. Its somewhere down near the bottom.

QUOTE (R*)
Luis is a vain, psychotic, deluded and somewhat confused mess...

http://www.rockstarg...3-and-more.html

Ha ha, couldn't help but laugh. I guess this proves he's a prick once and for all.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm playing throw the game for the first time ( I've finished the story missions 5/8 times) but this is the first time i've really taken my time and enjoyed the game for what is it is.

Cage fighting
nightclubs
golf/ air hockey
drinking
bolwling
pool
drug wars
base jumping

everything you can think of this games amazing. I'm up to 50 hours and i've only done 5 missions. I havent even unlocked basejumping yet. I'm just taking my time and doing everything it has to offer i even did the helitours. I'm planning on finishing this game 100% i've never finished a gta 100% before.

I've even killed all the seagulls never done that b4 either. I'm drunk so im rambling a bit.

I just wanted people to know how amazing this game is and how i over looked it for so long.

back on topic Luis is a good guy his just got alot going on. Remember he straight up told Armando I KNOW YOU SNITCHED ON SOMEBODY why did i spend years in jai and you didn't tell me why ? .He then goes on to tell armando he knows he didnt rat luis out but if he did he'd kill him

This was a crucial part of the storyline i missed all them other times i played it. The way i see it Luis just wants to have a legit life without selling drugs ect but he likes that lifestyle so his stuck

I mean i was putting myself in the shoes of luis after hearing about armando being a snitch. I thought to myself. All luis and armando do is fight why are they even friends ? but it occurred to me Luis cant be friends with ''normal'' people like his brother or sister. It's just not him doing a 9-5 job.

He wants a normal life so he has no risk of death / jail but at the same time he doesn't want a ''boring'' life working a 9-5 job

That's why his friends with armando because deep down Luis knows he cant be around ''normal'' people he prefers the street thug lifestyle and thats his downfall.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Sorry to go on a rant and double post but f*ck it this section is dead. I just want to say how is Luis a vain, psychotic, deluded and somewhat confused mess.... His awesome he just wants to live a normal life and he wants his friends to get out of the drug game. What's wrong with that ? Yes he kills people sells drugs ect boo hoo it's gta sh*t like that happens. Why should luis be poor if he can make money killing muther f*ckers? good on him i say.

I'm only joking i know rockstar are describing a charcter i'm just saying his awesome. ! nothing wrong with that

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 10:33)
I have to say, the most interesting thing about the latest A&A was their description of Luis when asked why you couldn't have a homosexual relationship. Its somewhere down near the bottom.

QUOTE (R*)
Luis is a vain, psychotic, deluded and somewhat confused mess...

http://www.rockstarg...3-and-more.html

Ha ha, couldn't help but laugh. I guess this proves he's a prick once and for all.

And? Niko and Johnny are the same. Every GTA Character is a prick.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

haha... wow Cole... just wow icon14.gif

KUDOS ph34r.gif

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Arn't all of the GTA characters a mess?! tounge.gif

I loved Luis. I thought he was cool. And he seemed to be the calmest, with Johnny.

Niko is the one who seemed to be a worse mess then any of them! mercie_blink.gif

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

being vain, psychotic or delusional doesn't necessarily equate to being bad. Luis wasn't a bad guy but to murder the amount of people you do will generally expose a person's psychotic or sadistic attitude.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

I didn't like any of the IV era's protagonists, they all felt empty, and they pissed me off. I think I like Johnny best for his lack of character, and because the antagonists in that game were some of the biggest pricks.

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 02:45)
I didn't like any of the IV era's protagonists, they all felt empty, and they pissed me off.

Really?
I personally think he had one of the most gripping story lines in a GTA game to date.

More so than Johnny and Luis, tbh.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (jlamay @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 09:11)
Niko is the one who seemed to be a worse mess then any of them! mercie_blink.gif

Have you heard Johnny during a shootout?

I mean i was putting myself in the shoes of luis after hearing about armando being a snitch. I thought to myself. All luis and armando do is fight why are they even friends ? but it occurred to me Luis cant be friends with ''normal'' people like his brother or sister. It's just not him doing a 9-5 job.

He wants a normal life so he has no risk of death / jail but at the same time he doesn't want a ''boring'' life working a 9-5 job

That's why his friends with armando because deep down Luis knows he cant be around ''normal'' people he prefers the street thug lifestyle and thats his downfall.

Isn't that exactly proving my point? Not doing a 9-5 job is immature, and wanting to run around being Mr Big doesn't seem very responsible or contributing to society. He was a very self centered character to be honest.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 05:37)
Niko is the one who seemed to be a worse mess then any of them!  mercie_blink.gif

Isn't that exactly proving my point? Not doing a 9-5 job is immature, and wanting to run around being Mr Big doesn't seem very responsible or contributing to society. He was a very self centered character to be honest.

Well that proves he's narcissistic, which in many regards just means he is a human being. xD

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 18:44)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 05:37)
Niko is the one who seemed to be a worse mess then any of them!  mercie_blink.gif

Well that proves he's narcissistic, which in many regards just means he is a human being. xD

What I'm trying to say is that running around with A and H isn't contributing to society, helping his family or doing anything good for him. Its just going to come back and bite him in the ass.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Luis is so bad he makes Claude seem more interesting IMO.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

tbogt was awesome, apart from crappy protag and not many multiplayer modes/options

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

The Ballad was a great add-on for GTA IV. It was the answer to most of the things people found "boring" about GTA IV. Mission replays, Tanks, parachutes, attack helicopters, more action missions... and of course everything Cole Phelps Gta listed.

They may have faltered a bit on the story, but Luis is still not a bad character. They probably just were trying to "wrap up all the loose ends" the best they could, and in doing so the main presentation was harmed a bit. They tried to "explain" Luis' character a bit, by revealing his "criminal" lifestyle and all the crap he has to go through... it works out all right.

And as for homosexual activities... I don't care at all to be honest.

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

TBoGT is my favorite GTA in the IV family.
IV comes second.

Yeah, I found Luis to be a bit arrogant at times, but I feel like Henrique and Armando made up for it because they're just so damn funny

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

he says in the cutscene with yusuf amir, when yusuf asks him does he dance, "Not with dudes, bro!!!"

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 15:37)
Not doing a 9-5 job is immature, and wanting to run around being Mr Big doesn't seem very responsible or contributing to society.

Everyone wants to be Mr. Big, but if you've been to prison like Luis you're labelled a criminal for the rest of your life, so you can't achieve that through conventional means (ie, becoming a CEO or whatever). It's basically crime or working at Burger Shot; Luis has the same ambitions as everyone but different opportunities. It's not that I want to go out of my way to defend a video game character, it's just that labelling people who don't want to work 9-5 as immature is a bit simplistic, it's more that they know they can't use it to achieve the same things as people from a different background.

http://en.wikipedia....ory_(sociology)

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

I think the reason why Luis seems so dull is because Johnny and Niko were so cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users