Photo

Mission: Babysitting

5 replies to this topic
jamiegrant
  • jamiegrant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Can anyone out there give help me with hints on the Babysitting mission? Going out on the boast with Jerry, to 'sheppard' Kim in his boat by taking out all the other boats that attack.
I only ever seem to be able to blow up one or two boats before either Jerry or Kim get killed.
Have made it to the bridge where I can bring out the rocket launcher, but still one of them ends up dying!? What am I doing wrong.....pleeeeease.....before I loose it......
angry.gif

Jasper Petrol
  • Jasper Petrol

Xin Lỗi

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Babysitting

It is Derrick in the boat with you, not Gerry!

This mission is not too difficult, the only difficult part is having to listen to Derrick's story on the way to Kim's boat. There are two assailants in each of the enemy boats, one of them is armed the other is the driver. You only need to shoot one of them to neutralize the threat from each boat. Your boat is the same, Derrick is the gunman and you (also armed and dangerous) are the driver. Keep in line with Kim's boat and keep at top speed - only move off course to help Derrick shoot at the other boats or for defense. When you cross under the bridge use the rocket launcher to shoot down the helicopter and then kill the occupants of any remaining enemy boats.

I would suggest that you are trying too hard to blow up all the enemy boats when all you need to do is disable the gunmen or driver of each boat.

I hope this helps.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Like said above, it is Derrick, not Gerry.

However,

just don't focus on blowing up them other boats. Who kills Kim or Derrick? Right, the guys with guns.

So it's easy: Either you take out the guys with the guns, or just the driver of the enemy boat!
the boat can't follow with no driver, can they?
It's easy. And when you get to the point where you have to shoot the heli. Just stand still, DON'T use RPG, just save the rockets.

You can easily shoot the guys in the heli shooting. shoot with the pistol, smg, assault rifle until it's on fire.

Dangerous part is done, rockets saved.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

The secret with ''Babysitting'' is to concentrate on only one thing and that is to immediately engage the throttle and get in as close as possible to Kim's boat (which for some reason in that mission goes as fast as a speedboat) and stay as close to him as possible while Derrick does his best to take out the bad guys. Sure, you're going to catch a lot of fire, that's a given, so if a Triad boat gets too close to you, steer away from it but keep up with Kim - the mission primary objective is to keep up with Kim, because there is little else you can do. Of course, you can use your gun while driving the power boat, taking out, or at the very least harassing targets of opportunity but ultimately the Triad attack will be vicious and will continue until you reach the second bridge, wherein at which point the Triad boats will ease off and Kim will slow to a stop just as Derrick informs you that they have a chopper and you are to take it out with the Rocket Propelled Grenade. Since you will be sitting more or less at a standstill, use an assault rifle to take out any Triad boat which happens to be nearby (optional) and then RPG the copter before continuing and docking to complete the mission.

jamiegrant
  • jamiegrant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Big thank you to everyone! After all the help you've offered, I passed it first time! You're right, I was trying too hard. Easy when you know how! YAY!
colgate.gif

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (jamiegrant @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 10:11)
Big thank you to everyone! After all the help you've offered, I passed it first time! You're right, I was trying too hard. Easy when you know how! YAY!
colgate.gif

i know exactly what you're saying, m8. sometimes we can get too logical and assume "hey!! i'm shooting 200 bullets, 4 clips, from my mini smg into each boat and they don't blow up! wtf? this is just impossible!" he he.

but the guys are right - it's the same with the vigilante/cop car missions. if you're chasing a car full of smg armed perps then blowing the car isn't gonna help[wo grenades!]... pop the driver [i used to swear by the mini smg with its 50 bullets but that 10m extra range and its quality of accuracy makes the MP10 lethal] and pick off the others as they run from the car or run them over.
the MP10 reloads so very fast that the mini smg just doesn't match in-vehicle or out. every time i go for headshots with short sharp bursts from MP10 i kill the target. mini smg never had that effect. or i'm just getting better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users