los santos only finally confirmed by rockstar

152 replies to this topic
ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

there are no ifs and buts anymore they have confirmed odd way of confirming it but they have confirmed it

taken from newswire

“Rockstar, I really can't wait for new information about the new GTA. And is it only in Los Santos or too in SF and LV?” - MatsvanStam

As we revealed in our announcement about the game being officially in full development, Grand Theft Auto V is set in the city of Los Santos and its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches – and it will be the largest and most ambitious open world game we’ve ever created…

i don't know why they half answered the questions actually saying nothing but to me it is pretty much confirmed they would have said something if it wasn't that or they are ignoring any questions regarding it

i am not sure if theres already a thread about this if it is lock it

source http://www.rockstarg...3-and-more.html

Stremel
  • Stremel

trees are ready.

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

That's what they said before the release of the first trailer.
There's no new info here, and it doesn't confirms that LV or SF will be or not in the game.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Stremel @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 21:28)
There's no new info here, and it doesn't confirms that LV or SF will be or not in the game.

i think it is odd are they ignoring the questions or what

i mean are they not ready to answer it i don't understand why can't they just say no or yes

i mean someone ASKED if they will be included they answered the question saying it is los santos to me thats confirming it otherwise ignoring the question

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Well, they wouldn't just come out and say "Yeah, SF and LV will be there too" but this way, you're right, there is no discussion about it. Never was since that official statement from Houser. Just kids/ignorants getting their hopes up. icon14.gif

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 21:29)

i think it is odd are they ignoring the questions or what

i mean are they not ready to answer it i don't understand why can't they just say no or yes

i mean someone ASKED if they will be included they answered the question saying it is los santos to me thats confirming it otherwise ignoring the question

It's quite simple, it's because it just would sound way to negative to reply "No"...

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

1: I'm pretty sure they said it AFTER the trailer was released.
2: It does confirm it's only Los Santos. And even if there is multiple cities it won't be San Fierro and Las Venturas. Don't get your hopes up mate! When the game is released and you see that Los Santos is the only city you will only be disappointed.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Versous @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 22:31)
It's quite simple, it's because it just would sound way to negative to reply "No"...

This. It would be marketing suicide for them to say "we're not putting them in the game" or "it will only be Los Santos", or anything that implies that Los Santos on its own isn't good enough to hold a game by itself - that's why they keep emphasising the "largest game everrr" line.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

You're wrong. They could have chosen not to answer the question, but they did and they reiterated that Los Santos and its surrounding countryside are the setting of the game. SF and LV are major metropolitan areas that cannot possibly be construed as countryside, and the original statement specified Southern California as the setting, which precludes LV and SF. The fact that they chose this question suggests they want to put the confusion to rest without being explicit, as "no LV and no SF" will generate negative press as opposed to "LS and surrounding countryside." If SF and LV were in the game, R* would not have answered the question. Anyone who still thinks SF and LV will be in the game are morons that don't understanding marketing, geography, or basic English.

Stremel
  • Stremel

trees are ready.

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 18:35)

1: I'm pretty sure they said it AFTER the trailer was released.
2: It does confirm it's only Los Santos. And even if there is multiple cities it won't be San Fierro and Las Venturas. Don't get your hopes up mate! When the game is released and you see that Los Santos is the only city you will only be disappointed.

1: Yes, they said it after the trailer, I'm sorry.
2: I won't be disappointed. I didn't like San Andreas, so I hope they make a new game with totally new cities. I don't want nothing related to CJ or his game.

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

It's pretty obvious that there is just one big city - Los Santos, otherwise they wouldn't say "Grand Theft Auto V is set in the city of Los Santos and its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches", so no San Fierro or Las Venturas. Who knows if they will be included in DLC but I doubt it.

At first I was hoping to see all 3 cities, but now I'm glad it's just 1 as they get to put much more detail into it.

Chillzz01
  • Chillzz01

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

All they did was re state the press release statement. I myself unfortunately don't believe SF or LV will return but a new smaller city instead. I highly doubt that V will just be "the city of Los Santos and its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches".

monsterjamp
  • monsterjamp

LSAF

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

They are only restating what they said before so they would not give any new info.
(I hate when companies do that.) Although it does seem like it will only be in one city. So don't get your hopes high for more cities. dontgetit.gif

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (monsterjamp @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 21:59)
They are only restating what they said before so they would not give any new info.
(I hate when companies do that.) Although it does seem like it will only be in one city. So don't get your hopes high for more cities. dontgetit.gif

What amazes me is that they say it will be "their biggest map ever", but we only have Los Santos and thecountryside. The countryside must be ginormous then!

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 21:26)
there are no ifs and buts anymore they have confirmed odd way of confirming it but they have confirmed it

taken from newswire

“Rockstar, I really can't wait for new information about the new GTA. And is it only in Los Santos or too in SF and LV?” - MatsvanStam

As we revealed in our announcement about the game being officially in full development, Grand Theft Auto V is set in the city of Los Santos and its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches – and it will be the largest and most ambitious open world game we’ve ever created…

i don't know why they half answered the questions actually saying nothing but to me it is pretty much confirmed they would have said something if it wasn't that or they are ignoring any questions regarding it

i am not sure if theres already a thread about this if it is lock it

source http://www.rockstarg...3-and-more.html

They said that the first time which gave no clues and caused a speculation debate. How does saying the exact same thing again mean anything different this time. Once again it reignites speculation debates on whether SF or LV are in. Ridiculous thread really. Sorry but its just another discussion on what we've said before.

icetea256
  • icetea256

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

In GTA V there will be 2 major cities - Los Angeles (Los Santos) and San Diego (???)
This is not confirmed, but possible hehe

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Repeating the press release confirms nothing.

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (icetea256 @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 22:06)
In GTA V there will be 2 major cities - Los Angeles (Los Santos) and San Diego (???)
This is not confirmed, but possible hehe

This is the most obvious logic.

San Diego or some other city, with little towns in the countryside.

['Nuff Said]

hithere5
  • hithere5

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Meezarawcks @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 22:07)

+1
Don't you guys see the "..." at the end?
This is not the normal "Rockstar-Style".

Lance Wilson
  • Lance Wilson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

no proof either way which has been stated so people sure of SF and LV being there or not have nothing to back them up.

just to be a twat i'm saying it's all of san andreas and vice city together just for good measure. i don't care if i'm disappointed when it's just los santos. a guy can dream until there's facts

rulesback
  • rulesback

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

they didnt say "there will be no SF and LV" and also "only LS" so there is nothing sure yet!!!!
but im sure there will be more than 1 city...even if there wont be LV or SF

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Guys, if they had the other cities in the game they would have announced it when they also announced Los Santos. I see no reason why they would intentionally undersell the size of the game world.

Raabaabaa
  • Raabaabaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Mh, I'm sure that Rockstar will shake that game like they ever did before - also if it's really just los santos, but for what do we need countryside when there is only Los Santos ?! I mean of course it's better than just Los Santos, but for me it would be better to have 3 smaller city's than one huge. By the way I'm not dissapointed, It's just what I think smile.gif

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Raabaabaa @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 22:40)
Mh, I'm sure that Rockstar will shake that game like they ever did before - also if it's really just los santos, but for what do we need countryside when there is only Los Santos ?! I mean of course it's better than just Los Santos, but for me it would be better to have 3 smaller city's than one huge. By the way I'm not dissapointed, It's just what I think smile.gif

i am not severely dissapointed it will certainly not change my view on the game but all of san andreas would provide the same freedome san andreas 2004 did

to me it is better with variety as only los santos will have one setting what san andreas had was ddifferent atmospheres in each city that was and still is epic even to this day

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

It was confirmed way back with the first press release. People are just ignorant/in denial.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Chillzz01 @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 16:58)
All they did was re state the press release statement. I myself unfortunately don't believe SF or LV will return but a new smaller city instead. I highly doubt that V will just be "the city of Los Santos and its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches".

I agree. There will be at least opportunities to travel to other cities in the DLCs. I have a very good feeling we'll at least see Las Venturas.

Remember that IV was entirely based on a city. This game is being based on an entire section of a state.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

I have a good feeling we'll at least see Alaska and Antarctica /sarcasam

Confirmed by Rockstar that there won't be any LV or SF.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Meezarawcks @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 22:07)

This, exactly. Nothing has been confirmed except that new info is months away. People are just seeing what they want to see in their statement.

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

And so the debate continues; this should really be stickied (Is SF/LV going to be in V?: The Debate)

OT: It can go both ways IMO.

FOR SF/LV Arguments:

1) GTA SA's trailer also started only with LS.
2) GTA V is a "reimagined" version of SoCal.
3) The interview hinted at a "very big map".
4) There are planes.
5) The confirmation does NOT deny that there isn't.
6) GTA SA had three cities.
7) The license plates say "San Andreas".

AGAINST SF/LV Arguments:

1) GTA SA already hinted at two other cities.
2) Rockstar are sticking with realism.
3) Houser was stating the emphasis on what would happen if he revealed anything else.
4) There doesn't necessarily have to be two other cities to have planes.
5) The confirmation DOES say "Los Santos and the surrounding hills"; there is no indication of SF/LV.
6) This is not necessarily a recreated SA.
7) This is a relaism issue; states appear on license plates; not the city.

I'M NEUTRAL ATM moto_whistle.gif

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Theyre saying its the biggest game they have created.. what more do you want?

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 23:23)
Theyre saying its the biggest ame they have created.. what more do you want?

Are you saying that as evidence that there is or isn't SF/LV?

My response to that is you can simply add one more piece of land and now it becomes "your biggest map ever".

Original: 12 sqm
New One: 12.5 sqm (biggest map ever!!!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users