The location is Vice City, and the vibe is glamour, power and corruption...An entirely new game set in the ‘80s, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will surpass the unprecedented gameplay, cinematic graphics and immersive audio experience that gamers associate with Grand Theft Auto 3.
|Here are the known characters in GTA Vice City. |
- Father of Umberto Robina.
- Quiet cafe owner.
- Elderly Haitian matriarch.
- Believed to be involved in long term feud with Cuban crime families for control of eastern and downtown Vice City.
- Heavily protected by Haitian thugs at all times.
- Texan property magnate and real estate developer.
- Likes to talk about his father. The good old days.
- Extreme Capitalist.
- Suspected of doing anything to manipulate property prices and land value, including, but not limited to, arson, rioting, bribery, intimidation, murder.
- Always wears cowboy hat.
- Believed to be involved in several developments and slumclearance programs.
- Known guest of Cortez.
- Uses Ken Rosenberg for legal advice - possible weak link?
- Hair suspected to be fake.
Big Mitch Baker
- Vietnam veteran, turned motorbike enthusiast. Won Purple Heart for killing a village full of Vietcong. Extreme bitterness at treatment of veterans has led to violent clashes with authority. Jailed on 13 occasions.
- Lawless degenerate sociopath.
- Loves bar sports, fighting, pinball, pool, eating live animals, hard rock music, wrestling, racing motorbikes, urinating in public places, scaring police.
- Believed to have implicated in several civil disturbances.
- Runs local gang of bikers. Believed to be implicated in narcotics distribution.
- Extreme loyalty within gang.
- Initiation rituals preclude getting man on inside.
- Known loathing for soft rock, communists, wigs.
- Former star Tight End for Vice City Mambas.
- Very successful career in pro football, but maunted by problems off the field.
- Famous for hurting opponents. Now runs a celebrity endorsed used car lot, which we believe may be a front.
- Thought to sell stolen vehicles.
- Believed to be heavily in debt with loan sharks and is now doing anything for money.
- Claims to be expert safe cracker. Expertise is thankfully dubious.
- Currently awaiting trial for attempted robbery. Was caught running down street with safe he couldn't open. Likely to get ten years.
- Confirmed kleptomaniac.
- We believe he often works with Phil Cassidy.
- Legal representation from Rosenberg and Associates. Certain to be sent down. Rosenberg can get even an innocent man put away and Jones is known to be guilty.
- Thought to have issues with women and bank managers.
- Cultural Attache
- Has diplomatic immunity - bear in mind when bugging his house
- Has somehow survived up to 30 coups in his native country.
- Likes to eat endangered species. Considers this to be fine living.
- Lives with his daughter, Widower.
- Long term dislike for French Secret Service.
- Believed to facilitate trade in all areas of criminal activity, including but not limited to, narcotics, firearms, weapons, and military secrets.
- In own country, has been sentenced to death 9 times, but always survives and gets promoted.
Congressman Alex Shrub
- Extreme Right Wing congressman.
- Happily married.
- Known philanderer.
- Will do anything for votes.
- Power obsessed. Usual politician.
- Expected to go very far.
- Possible way to Leo Teal.
- Leo Teal's other lover.
- Interior designer and restaurant owner.
- Likes knives.
- Likes Thailand.
- Likes the beach.
- Italian-American criminal.
- Current case is going to trial. Conviction thought to be certain.
- Related to Liberty City organized crime family.
- Cross dresser.
- Works for Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez in various capacities.
- Diplomatic immunity - part of cultural affairs division of San Dominican consulate, where Cortez in Cultural Attache. Believed Gonzales' visa was issued as Health and Fitness Commision.
- Greedy - known to take bribes; could try bribing to find out more about Cortez' operation.
- Has been seen leaving property of Diaz without Cortez. Possible weakness in organization.
- More information needed on Cortez. Gonzales has problems with his weight.
- Formerly very active in Vice City underworld. Now spends a lot of time at penthouse, away from Cortez.
- Expert driver believed to have worked with Cam Jones and Phil Cassidy.
- Compulsive eater.
- Psychological profiling reveals obsession with abondonment issues.
- Hilary comes from a stable family background.
Ice Cream Lady
- Psychiotic distributor of soft ice cream.
- Business known to be a front.
- We are as yet unable to determine what it is fronting.
- Maude Hanson runs company.
- Believed to be a sociopath who once ran a children's home.
- Partner at Rosenberg & Associates, legal firm.
- Suspected problems with narcotics and egomania.
- Suspectes of cheating in law school exams.
- Believed to have employed heavies on numerous occasions to intimidate and corrupt juries.
- Very poor success rate in trials.
- "Blue chip" clients include Georgio Forelli. Cousin of Liberty City crime boss, Sonny.
- Always desperate for money.
- "Kent Paul" is believed to be an assumed name. Real name unknown...
- Also known as "KP", "Paulo" and "Kent"
- English youth.
- Claims to work in music business. No known employment.
- INS papers not in order.
- Claims to be criminal mastermind.
- No criminal record found yet.
- Known to have made contact with biker gangs, but believed to have fallen out with Baker's gang.
- Pathological liar.
- Appalling haircut.
- Nasty clothes.
- Suspected narcotics addiction.
- Known heavy drinker.
- Seems to have contacts in certain SWAT divisions.
- Frequently seen together in bars.
- Frequents Malibu Club virtually every night.
- Recently arrived in town with his brother.
- Asks a lot of questions.
- Trained helicopter pilot.
- Believed to be in narcotics trade.
- Heard mouthing off in a lot of nightclubs.
- Believed to get aggressive or needy when he drinks. Possibly emotionally insecure.
- Possible connection with Mr. Black.
- Very complicated personal life.
- Works in restaurant business.
- Communications expert.
- Haven't been able to get a working tap on his phones.
- Believed to be working as a hitman in Vice City.
- Possible involvement in narcotics trade.
- Daughter of Colonel Cortez.
- Likes to party.
- Involved in dubious practices with Leo Teal and several other men.
- Thought to be paid company.
- Involved in bizarre practices with Leo Teal and a manatee.
- Nothing is known about this man.
- Eager to find out more.
- Possible connection to money laundering thoguht to be unlikely.
- Believed to be involved in running hitman business.
- No further info.
- Possible polygamist.
- Hates people who help others.
- Fervent anti-communist.
- Obsessed with nuclear winter.
- Hateful human being, but menace to society uncertain at present.
- Maniac firebrand preacher, obsessed wtih money.
- Has written several awful books. All completely fabricated. Most given away.
- Obsessed with degenerates.
- Has been campaigning to build a large statue in his own image.
- Has been attempting to bribe officials at NASA for rocket technology.
- Believed to be embezzling money from the fund for a private mansion in Hawaii.
- Involved in violent gun-running.
- Buying weapons from out of state and selling them on the streets.
- Believed to be a rival of Phil Cassidy.
- Linked to "Cam" Jones. Jones and Cassidy believed to have worked together numerous times although Cassidy has avoided conviction.
- Also believed Cassidy claims to have served in various divisions although Army records show he was repeatedly rejected for service because of drunkenness and an unsuitable temperament for combat.
- Redneck arms dealer.
- Believed to be involved in weapons trade.
- Gun enthusiast. Member in various second amendment organizations and various Vice City gun clubs.
- Sources suggest he also distills "boomshine" in own stills.
- Fighting war with Mexican gun-running gangs.
Pierre La Ponce
- French Secret Service Agent.
- Possibly involved in selling military hardware and secrets.
- Extremely dangerous.
- Bribed INS for Green card in 1978. Entered country from Colombia.
- Contacts in Colombia believe he is a major player in narcotics industry and anti-government activity.
- Extremely popular philanthropist. Gives to various Ricardo Diaz foundations across Vice City and Central and South America. All are believed to be a front.
- Extremely short, is believed to suffer from Napoleon complex.
- Medical records show he has over-active glands and sweats more than is socially acceptable.
- Gun collector. Always armed.
- Has private army/militia and is heavily guarded at all times.
- Has been involved in long running battle for control of narcotics business in Vice City.
- Known to have bribed police and officials within the town.
- Feared due to reputation for unpredicatable behavior.
- Thought to be responsible for 18 murders.
- Head of Forelli Crime Family.
- Major crime family in Liberty City.
- Believed to have major influence in racketeering, gambling, union trouble, corruption and prostitution.
- Came to power young.
- Thought to have ordered several mob killings, including Harewood incident.
- Only minor charges have ever stuck. Thought to be interested in entering narcotics trade, traditionaly a no go area for Liberty City mob.
- Phone records reveal calls to home address of Ken Rosenberg.
- Notoriously poor taste in clothes.
- Film director spotted at various parties where organized crime carries on.
- Thought to be seeking any money he can to finance his films.
- Shows an unnatural obsession with sharks and mountains of mashed potatoes.
SWAT - Police Squad
- Currently being investigated about allegations of corruption within rogue SWAT units in Vice City.
- Bribery thought to be rife.
- Remember to make sure this is covered up to avoid voter dissatisfaction?
"Who is this guy?
I've got a call into the Parol Board in Liberty. Seems he was in prison up there."
- Cuban warlord.
- Long term feud with Haitan criminals. Wants control of turf.
- Extreme macho man.
- Wants to wage full scale war with Haitians.
- Never implicated in a crime personally.
- Bravery has been questioned with Cuban circles.
- Lance Vance's brother.
- Head of Vance crime family.
- Only two members.
More coming as they become public!
|Here are the known weapons in GTA Vice City. |
Sneaky wimps' way of punching.
18-in. 40-cc gas chain saw.
Automatic chain tensioning, chain brake, cuts through bone. Includes case and extra chain.
Beautiful gun, this one. I've got lots of guns. Then again, I'm a collector and never use them on people, unless they ask for it. Guns really are like works of art and should be kept on the wall or in the hands of sensible people who know how to handle them, like contract killers.
This carbon steel cleaver can be used for cutting up large bones, pork chops, or cartilage. Good for commercial or street use.
Beware psychopaths and over-enthusiastic barbequers with this weapon. Fine for use in South Easy Asia, but on the streets of Vice City, it's nothing but a menace.
All titanium and graphit shaft clubs on sale. Improve your score on the links with these superior products.
All steel construction, full polish tool, with head and handle forged in one piece.
Kung Fu movies have a lot to answer for. Psychos think swords are funny.
Outdoor knide for all-purpose, heavy-duty use. Perfect for those who need a rugged knife. Includes black leather sheath.
Military issue M60s. Now found as weapon of choice for well-funded private militias.
Cheap. Extremely dangerous rapid-fire. Available at a supermarket near you.
Dangerous peace-maker. One shot certain to put a man down.
Approach with extreme caution.
Supposedly illegal. Banned for civilian use. Have been appearing on the streets of Vice City for the past couple of years. Present extreme danger to public order. I thought we sold all of these things to corrupt dictators and people fighting the Russians?
I tried one of these down at the gun club. Isn't that a great pastime? Shooting high velocity rifles in a secure environment. Makes me feel like a man.
Assassination remains rifle in Vice City. Who is Mr. Black?
Spas 12 Shotgun
Extremely powerful shotgun. Could stop an elephant. And has. Used in Vice City on other things. With devestating results.
Extremely powerful short-range weapon. Very dangerous in the wrong hands: anyone's but ours.
Semi-legal, highly dangerous way of causing crowd unrest.
Short-range, high-impact automatic weapon. Popular with Cuban drug barons and other law-breakers. No social benefit to this one - unlike most machine guns.
Extremely popular on the streets.
More coming as they become known!
Efficient German cruiser. Popular with commuter belt middle men.
The Banshee is popular with redneck lottery winners and bootleggers.
Blista Compact / GPX
Macho car for men trying to prove how much they're packing.
Golf cart for people too lazy to walk. Thought to be used in slow motion drivebys.
The signature bike of Mitch Baker and his crew. Approach with extreme caution? This is a motorcycle. They won't be able to catch you if you have mad skills, like Tommy.
Cuban gangbanger's car.
Extremely expensive. How can we expense one of these? Only those idiots in undercover get to drive these.
Good for big families. Or large gangs of criminals.
Macho car for men trying to prove how much they're packing.
More coming as soon as they are released!
. What kind of moron would drive this car?
. Hey, my wife drives one of these.
. Oh, sorry man.
Funeral director's vehicle.
Possibly used as a cover.
You try paying for a high-end one of these - and alimony.
What a great car. Always wanted one of these.
Very Important People, Mob Bosses, Major Criminals, and Prom Parties love to take rides in these nice cars.
Every pimp must have one. Nice pimp-mobile.
Extremely popular with Haitian gang-bangers, degenerates and war lords. You can pick one up in Little Haiti.
Redneck, trailer-trash wagon. Marry your sister types. Swamp trash and the like.
Rich man's sedan, import from UK.
More coming as soon as they are released!
Needless to say, no one actually sails these things.
Boat popular with Cuban runners.
Deep sea boat. Excellent seafaring craft. Believed to be used to aid disposal.
Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself.
From the decade of big hair, excess and pastel suits comes a story of one man's rise to the top of the criminal pile as Grand Theft Auto returns to the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system this October. Vice City is a huge urban sprawl ranging from the beach to the swamps and the glitz to the ghetto, and is the most varied, complete and alive digital city ever created. Combining non-linear gameplay with a character driven narrative, you arrive in a town brimming with delights and degradation and are given the opportunity to take it over as you choose.
Nine Full hours of 80's music featuring 90+ songs licensed from well known artists (compare this to GTA3's three and a half hours). Confirmed song tracks include:
Judas Priest, "You've got another thing coming"
GrandMaster Flash, "The Message"
Laura Branigan, "Self Control"
Kool and the Gang, "Summer Madness"
Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran"
Hall & Oats, "Out of Touch"
Cutting Crew, "I Just Died in Your Arms"
Lazlow will be back
More reflective surfaces on the vehicles including real time shadowing from the environment.
The whole of Vice City will be open to players from the start of the game. Go where you want, when you want.
Vice City is not a sequel, nor is it a prequel, and it certainly isn't an addon. It's just another slice of the GTA "universe".
The main characters name is Tommy.
Your character finally speaks!
There will be around 8000 individual voice overs (compared to GTA3's 2000)
20 top Hollywood stars will fill out the cast.
Vice City will be double the size of Liberty City both inside and out. There will be many, many more multileveled interior environments for you to explore. Missions will send you to both outdoor and indoor locations.
Vice City will include even more peds on the streets with more lifelike behavior.
Gangs are more intelligent and will cause trouble all over the city so you won't be the only one the police will be hunting down.
Graphical enhancements include higher framerate, higher resolution textures, more complex vehicle and ped models with better skins, and a new radiosity lighting system to make the neon look just right.
New targeting system to make finding and shooting enemies even easier. It will highlight targets based on "priority and not on proximity". The new system also includes a new crosshair system that shows you both the exact target and the bullet spray radius. The crosshair will also change color to indicate the enemies threat level.
Vice City will include 40 weapons (compared to GTA3's 15), including new hand to hand weapons like the machete.
New maneuvers like crouching will help you make use of cover.
A new camera system will lock the camera over your shoulder to make both interior and exterior combat easier.
A new HUD will show more information including your elevation above ground (think large buildings with multiple floors).
VC will include more complex missions that include a greater variety of objectives. These new missions will ask more of you by melding vehicle, outdoor and indoor combat all into one mission.
New side missions including pizza delivery!
The vehicle count has also been raised to 120 from GTA3's paltry selection of only 50. Many of the vehicles are inspired by 80's sports cars and yes, there will be motorcycles!
You will be able to shoot out tires which will drastically affect the vehicle physics.
More boats have been added, and water based action has been revamped as well with an all new physics system for boats.