TommyTheUnique
  • TommyTheUnique

Hai der

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Operating system - Xp pro. SP2 version 2002
Video/Graphics card - nVidia MX440 64mb
Processor - AMD Athlon XP 1800+ 1.56GHz
RAM - 256MB (I'm embarrased about my PC...)
I have lots of different mods and i really don't want to uninstall them... confused.gif

So the problem is that once i've tried sound mods. I liked it because its easy to install. So i've decided to make my own. I've took some sounds from CS 1.6 blush.gif , and replaced the old ones with CS ones using Alci's SAAT. But they sounded kinda weird in game. So I've copied the original file (GENRL) (I have 2 SA - original and modded.) And replaced the modded one. After that I've opened the file again with the SAAT to check that everything is normal and it said that "Error reading archive GENRL. Sound bank Bank_047 claims to have 766194134 sounds, but max allowed is 400" After that my gta sa doesn't launches. I mean after titles the menu shows for about a second and when the sound (menu sound when changing between lines) has to play the game crashes... Any problem solves? I had the same problem about 3 months ago i installed all those mods again in about 2 weeks including testing and that really bored me even when i tried to do it as fast as i can sad.gif . So please help!
P.S sorry for my english

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

First, update to the latest SP for XP-which is SP3...

Next, do an Un-install, delete the rest of the install directory that did not get deleted by the traditional un-install, delete the .set file from the User Files Folder in My Documents, then Re-install and DO NOT play with Mods....You system is too weak for mods to work properly, as mods increase resource usage...also, having 2 copies installed on that system is making things worse, as it is using even more resources...

So, once you follow the steps above-update to SP3 for XP, the un-install and re-install process above, use ONLY 1 copy, and NO Mods-you will get better performance. If you want to use mods, you will have to get a better PC, but since the game plays great un-modded, then why not play it that way-the way it was intended to be played?

TommyTheUnique
  • TommyTheUnique

Hai der

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

So there's no solutions of this problem just to re-install the game? The game with mods runs as normal maybe just a little bit slower. I've tested all mods for best performance. Using just low poly mod cars. No total conversations etc.

TommyTheUnique
  • TommyTheUnique

Hai der

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Oh forgot to mention. I've heard something about sound installing. I guess this sould be asked for modders but maybe I have the same problem like replacing .gxt files? Saying i had the same problem about 3 months ago i mean i tried to edit american.gxt with notepad and the game crashed. Then replaced the edited gxt by original gxt and still crash. Then i re-installed GTA and had 2 weeks of hard work...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Also, Since you Do not have the latest Service Pack for Windows-which is SP3 for XP, I take it your Video card drivers, Sound card drivers, DX, etc. are NOT up to date as well? Up date to the latest Service Pack for XP(SP3), and make sure ALL drivers are up to date for the Video card, Sound card, DX, etc. too..

The problem with mods and your system is that you are already running the game on bare minimum vram with an un-modded game, and mods increase the resource usage-so until you get a better system, it is best to just play the game with only 1 copy installed and with NO mods...

I too use to play this game on a low-end system with 256mb ram and a 32-mb video card, so I know how it is...The game played great for me un-modded back then...

TommyTheUnique
  • TommyTheUnique

Hai der

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yeah... I'm planing to buy a new pc because this one is making me angry sometimes. Is this good enough?
Intel Core i5
8GB RAM
1000GB HDD Space
Nvidia GTX (or something) 1GB Video card.
Windows 7

TommyTheUnique
  • TommyTheUnique

Hai der

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

And one last question... What does exactly the file gta_sa.set do ???

TommyTheUnique
  • TommyTheUnique

Hai der

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

I've solved it! Deleted all the untouched files of modded version of gta and replaced by original ones. Modded was ped.ifp , data folder, models folder. Now the game is running smoothly and with normal sounds. Thank you for your support anyway. smile.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (TommyTheUnique @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 13:56)
And one last question... What does exactly the file gta_sa.set do ???

The .set file saves all the in-game settings and Video card/system information...This is why it is so important to delete this file after driver updates/hardware upgrades/OS upgrades, etc. This file automatically gets updated each time the game is successfully started(and is automatically created if not present)...HTH

As far as the new system you are considering, Yes, it is great for SA-even with mods...You should even be able to run IV on that new one... smile.gif I play on a Windows 7 PC, with an I5 processor, 6GB ram, and an ATI Radeon HD5470, and can max. out III, VC, and SA and run IV and EFLC on High with Patch 4 and the memrestrict command line...

But, Glad to see you got it working. Happy gaming. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users