Photo

How did "Vice Point" get its name?

15 replies to this topic
VinceVance
  • VinceVance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I can speak a little English but not well,please don't kid me later.So,I don't know why R* called that area "Vice Point".It doesn't look like a dot or a finger(The explanation I found in a dictionary).Just because it points to the north,I guess?

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (VinceVance @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 18:11)
I can speak a little English but not well,please don't kid me later.So,I don't know why R* called that area "Vice Point".It doesn't look like a dot or a finger(The explanation I found in a dictionary).Just because it points to the north,I guess?

Common sense not your best friend?

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 11:08)

No, he's just fluent in Engrish, that's all.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 09:59)

Idiocy is universal.
Vice Point is just the top end of the first island. It being the point of the North, you can't say much more about it.

VinceVance
  • VinceVance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:48 AM Edited by VinceVance, 12 February 2012 - 03:53 AM.

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 02:10)
QUOTE (Los Santos Pedestrian @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 09:59)

Idiocy is universal.
Vice Point is just the top end of the first island. It being the point of the North, you can't say much more about it.

"Vice Top",I got it,thanks.But I want to tell you It's not my fault that I'm poor in English.I'm not a native speaker of English.I am speaking to you here in English,though you speak it much better than me.But you can't use my mother tongue at all(By the way,I'm not a Japanese).Our language skills are equal.That's all.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (VinceVance @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 11:48)
"Vice Top",I got it,thanks.But I want to tell you It's not my fault that I'm poor in English.I'm not a native speaker of English.I am speaking to you here in English,though you speak it much better than me.But you can't use my mother tongue at all(By the way,I'm not a Japanese).Our language skills are equal.That's all.

I was never insulting your English like the other fellow had concluded. Anyone who's played at least 2 hours of Vice City can determine in their minds why Vice Point is call what it is.
You can use your common sense regardless what language you speak.

VinceVance
  • VinceVance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 08:06)

I was never insulting your English like the other fellow had concluded. Anyone who's played at least 2 hours of Vice City can determine in their minds why Vice Point is call what it is.

Sorry,I didn't mean that.I know you are well-meaning.I agree in what you say.Really helpful.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 04:06)

He's not fluent in English, so probably cannot make the connection that point can meant tip, as fast as you can. Knowing how certain words link to each other is both language ability, and common sense.

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

I always thought it was some sort of "point of reunion", you know like a common meeting place, with the mall, etc.

GANGSTA26-VERCETTI
  • GANGSTA26-VERCETTI

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

It's the pinnacle of vice, the feeling of being in the very point of it all. It's the northern point of the first island. The Vice Point. turn.gif

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 03:06)

Come off it. You were acting like a bloody ponce. Plus you have Bieber in your sig, no man can respect that.

Vice point got its name because in English many places where the land ends are called the "point".

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 23:16)

Come off it. You were acting like a bloody ponce. Plus you have Bieber in your sig, no man can respect that.

No, you come off it. It doesn't take Barnaby Jones to understand the meaning of 'Vice Point'.

Also, that man you mistook for Bieber... is George Harrison you uncultured piece of sh*t.

GrandTheftAuto101
  • GrandTheftAuto101

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 15:16)

Vice point got its name because in English many places where the land ends are called the "point".

you're very smart

thenatobourne
  • thenatobourne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Vice Point because it is a place where he meets people richer!

There are several commercial buildings, the malibu club, the mall!

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Vice Point got its name from its location, as it is located at the very top point of Vice City Beach.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 10:24)
QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 23:16)

No, you come off it. It doesn't take Barnaby Jones to understand the meaning of 'Vice Point'.

Also, that man you mistook for Bieber... is George Harrison you uncultured piece of sh*t.

This made my day happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users