Photo

What would you rathr live without, Games or theweb

43 replies to this topic
TheTrikstar
  • TheTrikstar

Skank!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 22:07)
This is something that can be answered in the "Have a Question?" topic... but I already stay away from gaming throughout the week, so I couldn't care less about video games... but as much as I love reading, I can't go back to doing research for schoolwork in books. :? It'd be scary.

Yeah the mods moved this here soooo. wink.gif

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

What is your definition of games? It's an insanely wide field, encompassing most of human activities. If you mean video games, then I'd gladly give that up instead of the internet. If you mean all games, then I'd just get off the internet.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Spooked ya!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'd probably ditch the internet. For all its great things, it's a big time waster for me. I don't utilise the internet. I come to these forums, browse the odd bit of info and use facebook.

I spend waaay too much time on it doing nothing. So does my family. It's also sort of ruined the preciousness of music. Its at my finger tips, I don't need to pay for it any more. It's disposable.

I remember a sort of innocent time when if I wanted some interwebz I'd go to a cafe for it. That was when I joined these forums. Now I have access to it in work and at home and it's not as special any more. It's just a time consumer with endless procrastinating abilities.

Games, are an interactive escapism for me, much like the internet. Basically, the internet is has more information and purpose but that also leads to an increase of time wasting thrash too. Games are games.

There's no right or wrong answer to the question, obviously. Right now, I suppose I'm admitting I'm online to much. If I wasn't on so much It would be 50/50 for me.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'd have to dump games because the internet is important for my business.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

I need games. Would rather do without internet than without games.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Without games. The Internet is so much more integral in our lives today; while you can't argue that Games are still nothing more than entertainment (as great as they are).

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

I would rather live without games, because the internet is a bigger part of my daily life. I do enjoy gaming, but honestly, if I was told that I had to go a month without playing my Xbox, I'd be able to do it without too many problems.

If I had to do the same with the internet, I reckon that I would find it to be a massive struggle in comparison. I use it for more: discussion, news, organising stuff and all that.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:31 AM Edited by ZDANZ96, 19 February 2012 - 12:33 AM.

I would say neither.

Because, without internet I can't play games, or at least the games I want to play.
And without games life is a bit more boring. For example, you can, but shouldn't kill a person in the real life. In the other hand you can kill someone in a video game and have its satisfaction.

I need to kill someone, something. Games are there for a reason.

Internet is usefull, but I am pretty sure I won't use it completely until I die. So I will have use of that whenever necessary. I can live without an internet browser for a week, but not from the gaming-internet combination. At least once a week I need it.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Well this is hard.

For the short term i would choose games (it's cheating but only provided i could play online), but in the long run, i would get sick of games and i can always watch tv instead, and the internet just has more use, knowledge, support, interactivity.

Theoretically, if there were no games, then on the internet i would have a lot less to do, i wouldn't be watching YT commentaries for games, or visiting this forum, even so i think i still choose the internet in the long run.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

L'oiseau bleu

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

From a first-person point of view, I couldn't live without either. The internet is a place to talk to people you know and other people all over the world, gaming is a fun activity that keeps you inside. But with online gaming, you don't have to feel like youre in solitary confinement, I prefer talking to people and killing them at the same time.

[OBEY]

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

I'd rather games, I love the internet to find out so many interesting things, that would be a real hassle to find anywhere else TBH.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

I don't even want to think about this possibility!

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Without the Internet.,. Honestly the only things i really care about in my life are:

1- My Religion!

2- Football (Soccer)

3- Video Games

08LasVenturas
  • 08LasVenturas

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

I know this is an ironic topic to be on a gaming forums, but I'd choose to live without games. Technically I already do, as my XBOX has been broken for over a year now, the only games I liked were GTA haha I was never into COD or Skyrim or all the other big games that people line up for. Although I do play games on my iPhone, like Temple Run, Scramble with Friends, etc. and that would make my school days more boring without it, but my phone also has 3g so i would at least have the internet with me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users