Ten (eleven?) ways to have Claude get to Staunton early
- have Claude jump across the north side of the gap of the broken Callahan
Bridge. Have him jump from most of the way down the second segment of the bent
red girder to the silver pipe.
- have Claude drive the Capital Autos Banshee onto the concrete above the
opening of the tunnel in northwest Portland and back up to the west edge. Use
the yellow divider lines of the road, and the line above that which represents a
crack in the concrete, to help you position the vehicle to be over the tunnel
that's underwater to the west below the cliff.
Have Claude back up further so the Banshee starts to topple from the cliff and
have him bail. Claude is temporarily non-solid so goes through the surface of
the water instead of it causing him to drown. He lands on top of the tunnel and
can run to a spot beneath Staunton or Shoreside, jump into the abyss, and be
teleported onto the ground above.
- have Claude back an Ambulance along the southern sidewalk of the same tunnel
in northwest Portland to the blue wall that blocks the entrance to the tunnel.
Have him get on top of the Ambulance and the upper part of his body goes through
the ceiling, which is non-solid from below but not on top. Have him jump up on-
to the roof of that ceiling and go over the roof of the tunnel as in the method
On PC, he may get stuck in the ceiling over the Ambulance--have him throw down
a Grenade and jump during the explosion to get unstuck and get onto the roof.
(You might give him invincibility for that with the Administrative Console so it
doesn't kill him.)
- right click the game folder, click "Properties," un-check the "read only"
dot, click "Apply," click to "Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and
files," click "OK," and click "OK." Give a vehicle a -1 under column I,
"nPercentSubmerged," in data > handling.cfg.
Have Claude use that vehicle to drive off one side of the broken Callahan
Bridge or Staunton-Shoreside Vale lift bridge. The vehicle drops into Blue Hell
for a couple of moments then appears on the other side of the bridge.
- have Claude teleport (such as with the Administrative Console) http://files.dotbas....nsole_setup.zip http://web.archive.o...nsole/index.htm
- have Claude use the Flight Assistance of the Administrative Console
- use noclip (such as with the GTA 3 Mission Loader) http://freespace.vir....tank/index.htm
- use a vehicle spawner (such as with the GTA 3 Mission Loader) and spawn a
- use the chittychittybb code and have Claude fly a Police car across the gap
of the broken Callahan Bridge. You can add the CORNERSLIKEMAD code and press
Shift to make the vehicle do a Boost Jump to assist with this method and allow
you to use other vehicles.
- install a mod (like "Max Pain's Modded GTA 3 v.2") that provides a bridge
between Portland and Staunton
- if you've already had Claude get to Shoreside Vale and complete the vehicle
collection for the south Portland garage, have him get a Dodo from the garage.
(You could also use the Administrative Console to complete the Portland vehicle
collection quickly or use a vehicle spawner, such as with the GTA 3 Mission
Loader, and spawn a Dodo).
It might be possible to fly the Dodo (from the Callahan Bridge? from one of
the longer stretches of sidewalk along a coast?) from Portland to another is-
(From the main ReadMe file of "Glenster's 'GTA III' Starter Package") http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=14149 http://www.moddb.com...starter-package
Edited by glenster, 30 July 2012 - 02:06 AM.