Photo

Saving with Cheats

4 replies to this topic
DeconstruKt
  • DeconstruKt

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Okay, so I beat the game last night.. it was a blast.

Now, I'm debating starting a playthrough for the 2nd time to get the under 30 hours achievement + take the alternate ending.

However, I kinda want to have fun with cheats, I read this disables your achivements.. so my question is simple.

If I do something like Full Body armor + Full weapons, and Save my game then exit, Will the next time I load GTA IV will achievements re-activiate or will the cheats already be saved and achievements are disabled for the entire playthrough?

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

When you load the game, the achievements will be available again, I think. At least achievements like "Walk Free", "One Man Army" and similar. Not sure about "Liberty City Minute" though... Sorry, I never used cheats during the story.

Cheddarhead7
  • Cheddarhead7

Lowrider

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

They don't disable all achievements. Certain ones disable achievements directly affected by them.

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (GTAfear @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 14:15)
When you load the game, the achievements will be available again, I think. At least achievements like "Walk Free", "One Man Army" and similar. Not sure about "Liberty City Minute" though... Sorry, I never used cheats during the story.

i saw a cheats lists somewhere - i think ign.com? - and it explained whether achievements were affected by using a certain cheat or not. sure it was ign. it was a simple text page, i rem that.

personally i have never used a cheat cos i'm 76.4 % thru and have only started playing since i got bored a year ago failing to bed kate after the 20th attempt!! basically, i'm afraid having got so far in the game i don't want to screw up [tho i just found out i cannot do 100% complete cos i finished snowstorm with michelle at only 94% 'like' a long time ago].
also, after spending 30 hours of playing time collecting huge amounts of mini smg, carbine, combat shotgun, rkt launcher, and pistol ammo, i have no intention of screwing anything up, ie, getting arrested is not an option! it's a case of "TOP A THA WORLD, MA!" and paying hospital bills. at least i get all my weapons/ammo back! tho i'm sure san andreas took all your weapons/ammo and hospital fee after gettting killed by cops unless you were banging one of the gfs in-game [think it was the kinky one.. no... she had the code to yakuza vault.. i think.. perhaps it was the black sheriff girl in the small village? god, that game was truly big! 3 cities! lotsa airports! i finished it on PC and PS2.. i think the desire to drive a tank kept me playing, he he].

GTA5Cheats
  • GTA5Cheats

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I would not save with cheats on a story, it does disable a number of achievements and when you save it disables them on the whole story. This makes sense because why should you be able to get achievement for beating the game in under 30 hours when you had unlimited ammo and health when your buddy busted his ass to beat it in under 30 hours playing normal. GTA has always been cool enough to still supply us with awesome cheats, we just cant abuse the system to get achievement points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users