84 replies to this topic
Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

MSN Article

Personally I like and dislike this. First of all his parenting is nowhere near strict or offers ANY excessive work for the troubled teen to do. Honestly all she does is simple chores. She actually does some of the same chores as I do. I'm forced to make my bed, clean dishes, vacuum the house, which only takes about 10 minutes of my life almost everyday. It's not a big deal, I don't see whats the deal with this girl. I think the mind she's holding is mainly influenced by her peers. Kids these days are just f*cking spoiled and bratty and it's honestly why I hate my generation. The dad was just basically just frustrated by what her daughter did by expressing her hate for doing all the stuff she has to do, which is nothing compared to what some OTHER people do. The daughter simply just made a huge fuss about it since she isn't deserving all the kind of stuff other people have. At this point, it's hard to tell where she's gonna go in life, considering the fact that she's clearly troubled. The point is her parents were just trying to pamper her the right way teaching her discipline and respect so that she can succeed in life. Not become a spoiled little bitch carrying top of the line phones and computers and not giving a sh*t about her future, which is what most kids today are doing. Trust me, I see it everyday.

The reason why I dislike this, is well, he shot up her laptop. He could have sold it, given it to charity, or locked it up somewhere. The shooting was really excessive IMO, but it proved the fathers tough love towards his daughter.

So what's your view on this? Right or wrong?

hambones
  • hambones

Every Inch A King

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

I saw this on facebook earlier and he had every right to do what he did. He puts a roof over her head, puts food on the table, bought her that laptop, etc. and she seems very ungrateful for everything that has been handed to her. it sounds like his daughter puts minimal effort towards being successful (the whole job application thing) and bitches when things don't go her way. she's gonna bitch about having to sweep the floor and clean the counter tops? give me a break. I thought it was a little excessive to shoot up the laptop but he had to prove his point somehow.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

I saw this half an hour ago. I rarely say this and actually mean it, but that dude is freakin' awesome.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

That guy is going to snap some day and murder his entire family.

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

I see no problem with what he did. His daughter sounds like an ungrateful c*nt, so in my opinion she had it coming.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Good parenting! This guy has it down. Seems a fitting punishment.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Two people have been childish in this relationship.

One of them is a chidl.

PS: Since when do cowboys moonlight in IT?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 22:47)

No he won't. He wasn't even mad. Just disappointed. And he did what had to be done. Completely justified.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 14:57)

No he won't. He wasn't even mad. Just disappointed. And he did what had to be done. Completely justified.

What he did was just as immature and dysfunctional as his daughter's behavior was. The difference is that he's a grown man and she's a 15 year old girl. He acted like a total asshat. It's no wonder she's spiteful and bratty.

SmellyJelly
  • SmellyJelly

Hoodies

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:28 PM Edited by SmellyJelly, 10 February 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Its seems to me that the daughter doesn't really care about the chores... she probably hates her dads overly strict attitude more than anything else. Of course, it's not cool to post about feeling emotionally disconnected from her father so she complains about all the chores instead.

Yes... I'm positive that is it.

The sad part is that the dad really doesn't get it.

EDIT: And too all of you blaming the daughter, do you honestly think that this is ONLY about the chores? Clearly there is something else going on here.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I actually tried to post this earlier but the allmighty 404 stopped me from doing it. Nevertheless, I think the man's actions were maybe a bit too harsh and old-fashioned, but I feel his message. A lot of kids my age are very ungrateful and take stuff like food and a place to sleep that our parents provide us with for granted.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Before deciding how you feel about this situation, you might want to read this facebook post from the father explaining just how his daughter handled the situation:

For those that wondered, commented, criticized, and just in general wanted to know:
My daughter came through it fine.

Yes, she's in trouble, and yes she's grounded, but that doesn't mean every moment of her life has to be miserable. She's going to come to terms with the changes that will be present for a while; no TV privileges, no Internet, etc.

In the meantime, once the initial anger passed, she sat with me reviewing some of the comments that have come in via Facebook and YouTube. One person even suggested collecting the shell casings and auctioning them on eBay. I said Iíd do it if it would help contribute to her college fund! When I told her about it, she thought a minute, got a funny calculating expression on her face and said, ďin that case you should shoot my phone too. We can use more bullets and Iíll go half-sies with ya on it! Itís not like Iím going to need it any time soon. And I can use the money we get to buy a new one.Ē

While the whole point of this story isnít funny, what is funny to me is how weak some people out there think kids are. Our kids are as strong as we help them to be. My daughter took a horrible day in her life, had her crying fit, then got over it, accepted her punishment, and hasnít let it (or peopleís comments) destroy her strength. I donít get any credit for that. Sheís strong and able to overcome almost anything life throws at her.

Since this unsuspectingly threw her into the limelight much more strongly than either of us intended, I asked her if she wanted to make her own response video, and told her Iíd let her do it if she wanted to. She doesnít like being in front of the camera, so she declined, but Iíve told her if she wants to write a response or post a video response, Iíd be OK with it. Itís only fair considering the viral nature of the whole thing. So far sheís not really interested. Quite frankly it seems sheís gotten bored of it much faster than the general public has. If that changes Iíll post it here.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (ska @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 20:49)
I see no problem with what he did. His daughter sounds like an ungrateful c*nt, so in my opinion she had it coming.

I second this.

glenn tha killer
  • glenn tha killer

Irish.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

HA thats great man, im going to shot my kids stuff up if they ever do that. icon14.gif

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

I respect him and his actions, if more parents were like this the world wouldn't be full of so many bleeding c*nts.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 22:58)
I respect him and his actions, if more parents were like this the world wouldn't be full of so many bleeding c*nts.

Couldn't agree more, if more people were like this, and we had less health and safety we'd have a pretty good amount of intelligent, good people.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 21:59)
QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 22:58)

Couldn't agree more, if more people were like this, and we had less health and safety we'd have a pretty good amount of intelligent, good people.

yeah, exactly, you have real consequences for your actions, you misbehave on the computer and you lose it, no getting it back, simple. It's a dam site better then saying "you can have it back tomorrow" because they will never learn.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 16:03)

It's no wonder she's spiteful and bratty.

Kids become spoiled and bratty either over influence by peers, exposure to the glitzy media, or just terrible parents. This father makes an attempt to teach her discipline and respect. Yeah, kids these days want all that cool sh*t. We're children, we can't help it, we want amazing things, and many times, we just "get it" and afterwards become spoiled bitchy brats. I live in that kind of generation where that kind of stuff happens, and I see it happen all the time, and quite frankly it's partially driven by our sh*tty media and all these sh*tty rap songs expressing about money and hot girls, and afterwards kids just want all of that because they see how "cool" and "glamorous" it is. We're children, we have different minds than adults. I swear, exposure to almost everything we see is considered "awesome" and "cool".

Imagine if this teen was home schooled. This topic wouldn't even exist.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, we need less health and safety and more people like this with access to firearms.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 22:26)
Yeah, we need less health and safety and more people like this with access to firearms.

Well he's hardly using it inappropriately.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:18 PM Edited by fatal1ty619, 10 February 2012 - 11:22 PM.

Saw this on the news this morning!! I love his approach to punishing his daughter.

EDIT:after reading the OP, I have to agree 100%

She needed a little more stealth in her approach. ph34r.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

There's nothing more funny than a pissed off redneck

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 23:03)

What he did was just as immature and dysfunctional as his daughter's behavior was. The difference is that he's a grown man and she's a 15 year old girl. He acted like a total asshat. It's no wonder she's spiteful and bratty.

Sometimes you need to do something crazy to get your point across. Obviously grounding her in a traditional way didn't work.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

I was glued to the video from start to finish. This is a bit of the reason I will die childless.

I love this guy. Before watching it I half suspected it to be fake, but you could hear the unrehearsed honesty in his voice.

It does send a good message, and come on...you all know she will be getting a new laptop sooner than later. I would imagine removing a teen from social media is hardcore punishment these days. He made a great stand and embarrassed her as well. Her parents are going to really make her think it is solid, but I bet she is only without a laptop for a month, 2 months tops. And I bet she is a bit more careful in what she posts in the future. And maybe, just maybe she learned to be a bit more respectful. Since this video must be popular right now, I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few phone calls from neighbors asking for some tips on how they can monitor their child a bit closer on the internet.

I like to mention the book "Born Digital", but I won't right now tounge.gif . If you think the motion picture and music industry weren't ready for the internet; You have no idea how much crazier it is for the parents of the current internet generation. I'm big into sociology, and I talk to my friends who have kids about what it is like to raise a kid/teen/young adult in today's internet changed world.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

It does seem that she has to do alot, but it's still a job she does, so yeah, she should get payed, alowance or whatever it's called. It's quite normal to give that.
But it seems as she gets alot of stuff, like computer/media stuff, just take that away and pay her money so she has to save up enough to buy the stuff herself?

But she's 15? It's not that strange that she doesn't have a job really, and the father talks about having left the house? Things were a bit different when he was younger, so he can't really compare that.

But it's pretty childish of the father to make a youtube video. almost makes it seem as this is fake.

Just the fact that a video like this is made just shows him as a bad father, can't even talk to his own daughter and confront her, but makes a youtube video. As I said, it seems pretty fake.

"I got 2 left" *shoots once* "now I'm out".... wtf?

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (GTA 360 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 23:13)
QUOTE (Robinski @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 22:26)

Well he's hardly using it inappropriately.

Sorry, I don't knwo what came over me. For a second there I thought that using a gun as a tool to settle a domestic dispute was irresponsible.
  • GrandThief89 likes this

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

The girl sounds like a little sh*t, got what she deserved. But the dad looks nothig like a guy who's been in the IT business for 6 years.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

@King Of Monra. He did fire twice at the end. I was counting all the shots. As much as I side with the father, he has to shoulder some blame since he raised her.

@buzbegone, 6 years in IT - that's nothing. Ya ever see a picture of me?

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 08:15)
@buzbegone,  6 years in IT - that's nothing.  Ya ever see a picture of me?

In Australia, IT guys are pretty much the cliche nerd. I guess the world is much more diverse than us whatsthat.gif

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 23:25)
There's nothing more funny than a pissed off redneck

You have a redneck name though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users