Photo

3ds max materials problem

2 replies to this topic
eddyterminator101
  • eddyterminator101

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hi! I have a problem with the textures in 3ds max 2010. In the material editor there are 24 slots. I want to make a big project that requires a lot of textures and I can apply maximum 24 different textures. What should I do? Here is how I do it: I select the object, then I open the Material Editor, I click on standard, then on GTA Material double click, then near Color in the Material Editor I click on None, I select Bitmap, select the bmp image, then I lcick on Assign Material to Selection, then on Show Standard Map in Viewport.

I have a lot of textures that I want to put in my project. What should I do? Please help me!!! Thanks in advance!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Don't use seperate material slots, all of your materials should be in one multimaterial in one slot. If you're making a map model for III or VC or SA then simply select the faces that need the texture then drag + drop the actual picture to the selected faces. There should be no limit to the amount of textures that can do this.

boomshowdown
  • boomshowdown

boomshowdown

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

I am using 3ds max 7, I had downloaded kams script and imported dff but whenever i apply bmp or tga file it only show colour not texture just shoW ME HOW TO APPLY TEXTURE TO DFF OF VC OR SA WITH GTA MATERIAL
  • Cell Tennyson likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users