Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cant import my Save game and get it working!

5 replies to this topic
Nevakonaza
  • Nevakonaza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hey guys,

Okay so long story short...The motherboard died in my computer...had to re-install windows and lost my GTA IV save game.

However i have found the individual mission save game files for download so i can carry on from where i left,But problem is how can i install the save game into GTA IV?

Ive tried everything,Xliveless....XliveWrapper...GTA IV save game installer etc none have worked it always starts from the beginning of the game again. confused.gif

Appreciate any help.

Btw this is the Steam version of GTA IV.

thanks in advance!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Not sure what you did but Xliveless should work.

Link - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658

Copy the xlive.dll file to your GTA IV folder and then copy your savefiles to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
Now start the game and the saves should load fine.

Nevakonaza
  • Nevakonaza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hi,

Nope i tried that already many times,It just says no save game on disk and starts from the beginning. confused.gif

Maybe Xliveless does now work with the latest version of GTA IV that steam is offering?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

The latest version is 1.0.7.0 and I can confirm that Xliveless works.

I suggest you start a new game and save it once for a savegames folder to be created in the location that I mentioned before. Then copy your savefiles to that folder. Check again if you can load the saves now.

Nevakonaza
  • Nevakonaza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hey,

Right i downloaded Xliveless again from another source,applied it...then put my save game file back in again and now it works!

Glad i dont have to start all over again! biggrin.gif

thanks. tounge.gif

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

This is very weird. I'm using the PC (DVD) version of GTA-IV and when it becomes necessary to reload my PC, all I do is go to my save game folder and save the save file and my control keys file. I reload Windoze, run the game once its been loaded to make sure its all working and then go to the new save game directory and simply copy back the saved save game file ... and everything works just fine. Even the control key file (.dat) works without any issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users