Photo

[VC][WIP] Rebuilt VC HQ Wheels

19 replies to this topic
ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:28 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 05 June 2014 - 06:31 AM.

Rebuilt VC HQ Wheels

Retreaded and Remastered for Modern PC's

Version 2.0 Starting Soon!!

There will be a second attempt at this project with me finding the first unsatisfactory and knowing I can do a better job this time while also making the models more efficient as there was alot of wasted polys on my first attempt. Like the original attempt I will be using the original GTA VC textures, I will smooth them slightly if necessary and also edit some of them slightly, some are not completely round, some have the texture off centre and some will get a little recoloring but in the end they will maintain the same GTA VC feel but only look better. Unlike the first attempt the LOD will not have the same high quality as the close up model but will have a better looking less poly LOD based on the new HQ Wheels, the reason is for game efficiency and also keeping the DFF size down.

Once the GTA III version is finished I will move onto redoing these Vice Wheels.

Version 1.0

I am rebuilding the Wheels using there Original textures and just making them Round and modeled up a little cleaner, also making the Near LOD for the Wheels Exactly the same as my new Higher Quality Version so it will appear that there is always a nice set of wheels on the car.

I also plan to do a Similar mod for all the VC Cars, which would replace there LOD with a cleanup version of the Original Model, thus eliminating LODS and making the game look better.

Once I finish the Wheels I will most likely move onto the Vehicles.

Here is an Example of one of the Wheels I have Done.

image_44078.jpg

I have finished all the Wheels and they are Now Uploaded and Awaiting Approval.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 02:28)
I am rebuilding the Wheels using there Original textures and just making them Round and modeled up a little cleaner, also making the Near LOD for the Wheels Exactly the same as my new Higher Quality Version so it will appear that there is always a nice set of wheels on the car.

I also plan to do a Similar mod for all the VC Cars, which would replace there LOD with a cleanup version of the Original Model, thus eliminating LODS and making the game look better.

Once I finish the Wheels I will most likely move onto the Vehicles.

Here is an Example of one of the Wheels I have Done.

user posted image

Being one of those guys who still loves to play GTA3 & Vice with the old-school mods sometimes, I LOVE It! Keep up the good work icon14.gif

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

i always love when people make new mods for III/VC!

great work, i really liked the idea.

also, would you think about converting vcs wheels to do 3/Vc? i mean they are really really good, and making old vc cars looking like hd!

anyway, good luck.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:51 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 05 June 2014 - 06:21 AM.

Thanks, If any of you have seen my new car, the Impaler, it will be the first Vehicle I release to have a HQ LOD, by HQ I mean it has a Cleaned up version of the Normal Version.

If the Cars & Wheels turn out good, I might Completely Re LOD Vice City.
If I have the VCS/LCS Wheels Sitting around I will try and convert them, I have all the tools, but I am not sure about the Models, I might also make this mod for GTAIII.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 02:51)
Thanks, If any of you have seen my new car, the Impaler, it will be the first Vehicle I release to have a HQ LOD, by HQ I mean it has a Cleaned up version of the Normal Version.

If the Cars & Wheels turn out good, I might Completely Re LOD Vice City.
If I have the VCS/LCS Wheels Sitting around I will try and convert them, I have all the tools, but I am not sure about the Models, I might also make this mod for GTAIII.

IDK, personally I wouldn't convert anything, if I were in your place. I mean, what makes these old mods so special is making them look good, but keeping them original, in their original style. Therefore, having VCS stuff wouldn't seem OK (at least in my opinion), but having HQ VC LODs & stuff would DEFINITELY make the game attractive! And yes, I saw Impaler lol, great job! Maybe I'll try out MVL version, once it's done smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

I wont use the VCS Things in this mod, I would release the Converted things as a separate mod, as I have the same Opinion as you about the game.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 03:28)
I wont use the VCS Things in this mod, I would release the Converted things as a separate mod, as I have the same Opinion as you about the game.

Cool then. Glad we both agree smile.gif

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

well i respect your opinion about re-modeling old ones and keeping up the nostalgia with the game. but it would be great fun to having vcs wheels too.

also, somebody already had done gta3 wheels in hq. (im not talking about OnePiece's models) so i dont know if you would like to re-do an already re-done job biggrin.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:47 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 05 June 2014 - 06:23 AM.

Here is another Wheel, In the picture the scale looks wrong but they all turn out the same size as the original, it is just I took the Image of each wheel separately.

Is this looking Wheely Cool Now. (I promise not to use Wheely like that again)

image_44079.jpg

EDIT:
I might not do the GTA3 Wheels then, But chances are I might redo the GTA3 Cars LOD which I plan to do for VC, I will also fix some of the Bugs left on the GTA3 Cars (The Bobcats headlights are a good example)

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

I forgot how looks vehicles lods since i've installed VC.Traffic. All cars drawing in hq on any distance(which may be tweaked too).

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:29 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 05 June 2014 - 06:24 AM.

Tried that before, am not a big fan of it.

BTW, If people know of any Bugs on Normal VC Cars, Post them here so I can fix them when I work on the new LODS for VC Cars, I plan to use some Xbox Textures for some Vehicles, I dont know which vehicles yet but presently only the Police Vehicles, I will use the Xbox Decals on the Car as they are of a much better quality.

LT_vVheris
  • LT_vVheris

Artist

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Can i have wireframe?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:45 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 05 June 2014 - 06:26 AM.

Here is the WireFrame, you most likely can tell much from it but they are modeled quite basically.

I plan to make a V2 which will Improve the actual Wheel Part, this version does both the Wheels and Tyres but the Wheels are not done to a real high quality but still nice.

I plan to make a V2 which will improve more upon these models, this version does both the Wheels and Tyres but the wheels are only modeled with a 3D Shape to them and not specific to each wheel (Bulge in/out for wheel shape)

Wheels-WireframeNormal.png

- March 6, 2013 - Image Links Updated to A610 Ucoz

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 08:45)
Here is the WireFrame, you most likely can tell much from it but they are modeled quite basically.

I plan to make a V2 which will Improve the actual Wheel Part, this version does both the Wheels and Tyres but the Wheels are not done to a real high quality but still nice.

Are you talking about the model, or a wheel texture? Because if you're talking about the texture, I love 'em just the way they are! Probably because Vice is known for having "dirty" cars & wheels (comparing to III) sigh.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:35 PM Edited by Frank.s, 10 February 2012 - 05:02 PM.

Looks good already, good idea to add detail to the hubcaps+rims though. icon14.gif

QUOTE (OmeXr)
im assuming they are too lazy to make new cars. they just used gta3's cars with really tiny changes and retextured them with extremely dirt so nobody would understand that they are in fact gta3's cars.
Just because both III and VC cars are made using the same modeling and texturing techniques doesn't mean that they're simply duplicated from older files. wink.gif

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

yea thats right, vc has the dirty thing going on with the cars. but im assuming its because they are too lazy to make new cars. they just used gta3's cars with really tiny changes and retextured them with extremely dirt so nobody would understand that they are in fact gta3's cars.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (OmeXr @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 16:50)
yea thats right, vc has the dirty thing going on with the cars. but im assuming its because they are too lazy to make new cars. they just used gta3's cars with really tiny changes and retextured them with extremely dirt so nobody would understand that they are in fact gta3's cars.

Not really... When you think about it, VC had a lot more cars, vehicles than III, which means they made a bunch of new models.

Actually from what I heard, that "dirty look" was supposed to implement a new technology, something about visual effects on the cars & other vehicles. After a consideration, they decided not to implement that thing after all, or they ran into some kind of problems, not sure, but they kept the original (dirt) textures since it was already too late to change them, game was supposed to be released.
At least that's what I heard somewhere, not saying this is 100% confirmed information whatsthat.gif
(BTW, sorry for going slightly off-topic here)

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 03:02)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 08:45)

Are you talking about the model, or a wheel texture? Because if you're talking about the texture, I love 'em just the way they are! Probably because Vice is known for having "dirty" cars & wheels (comparing to III) sigh.gif

I was refering to the Wheels Model, the textures are fine and they tyres are too, but I was considering making the wheel model better like where there are the black parts, cut those out the model and make them see through to the car.

@ Frank.S, Thanks icon14.gif biggrin.gif

The Files are also now Online at GTA Garage!

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:21 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 05 June 2014 - 06:28 AM.

Update:

I have made a new wheel that I am going to add to the Pack, it is a kind of Hybrid Wheel, it has been made from/inspired by 3 Wheels (Infernus Wheels, Inner Part)(Sabre Wheel, Outer Rim)(Taxi/Cheetah Wheel, Centre Part)

My Question is what Vehicles would this fit on nicely???

Wheel_Race-Preview.png

• Blingy likes this

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:22 AM Edited by NewportByChrysler, 25 April 2012 - 01:51 AM.

Sorry for the bump.
ALMOST, do you plan on doing GTA3 vehicle fixes after you're done with the GTA VC wheels?
Besides the Bobcat's headlights, check the Toyz front roof/windshield refmap and the underside of the Firetruck, along with the flickering rear coach line names on the Coach.
Also, I can provide the PS2 Sentinel for your GTAIII vehicle fixes.(Credit to THE HERO and ITBTD)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users