Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will Vice City come to iPod Touch this year?

3 replies to this topic
Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

I was playing GTA III on my iPod today and it got me thinking, in October this year it's going to be the 10th Anniversary of Vice City.
In my opinion, the greatest GTA Game.

But do you think Rockstar will even make a big deal out of it? I think out of III, VC, SA and IV - Vice City is by far the most over looked by Rockstar and the fans so I really don't know.
I guess they only made a big deal out of the III Anniversary and re-released it on iPod Touch and stuff because it was the game that redefined gaming forever, and the franchise itself - where as VC was just another game to them?

Also, if they WERE to port Vice City to iPod/Smart Phones then in 2014 we would have all the little SA fan boys crying for a San Andreas port which would be pretty much impossible considering how big that game is.
But yes, do you think Rockstar will do anything for Vice City's Anniversary, or would you even like to see it on iPod/iPhone?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Thursday, Feb 9 2012, 21:52)
I was playing GTA III on my iPod today and it got me thinking, in October this year it's going to be the 10th Anniversary of Vice City.
In my opinion, the greatest GTA Game.

But do you think Rockstar will even make a big deal out of it? I think out of III, VC, SA and IV - Vice City is by far the most over looked by Rockstar and the fans so I really don't know.
I guess they only made a big deal out of the III Anniversary and re-released it on iPod Touch and stuff because it was the game that redefined gaming forever, and the franchise itself - where as VC was just another game to them?

Also, if they WERE to port Vice City to iPod/Smart Phones then in 2014 we would have all the little SA fan boys crying for a San Andreas port which would be pretty much impossible considering how big that game is.
But yes, do you think Rockstar will do anything for Vice City's Anniversary, or would you even like to see it on iPod/iPhone?

I sure hope so. But they will probaly do SA too. By 2014 one would hope that phones will be able to run SA.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Thursday, Feb 9 2012, 16:52)
San Andreas port which would be pretty much impossible considering how big that game is.

It's not the size of the game that's the problem. It's the amount of stuff that are unnecessarily loaded at one time. SA is made of too many lumps of features. It's not impossible anyway but you would get a really crappy-looking game if you want a smooth-performing game.

I do hope for a mobile version but, as you mention, it didn't make a big of an impact as GTA III did. I doubt R* would make one.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=496901 ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users