Photo

Tutorial

13 replies to this topic
SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Basically, I was wondering if a ADMIN or a moderator can make a list of things you can do to be recognized to be a moderator. And it seems that if someone post on a subject "oh, how do I become a moderator?" then a mods reply's back something under this sort "well your chances will never come true and it won't happen since you posted" and to me that is very biased and discriminating someone because they ask a question and you guys don't give us any clues about and all they want to do is help the forum. I am sure that's what they want to do and that all I want to do.

So again, can a mod or admin member post a topic and tell us how we can be mods or moderators? Thanks,

SlickSpencer8

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

The question is, what have you done for the forum?

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

What have I done, you ask? I have seek out different types of spam and report them to the moderators, I spend hours on end on this forum weekly and just try to report post that break forum rules, I have read the forum guidelines under announcements, and iv'e report this issue not to long ago for a functional issue on the website for proof: http://www.gtaforums...opic=497228&hl= I feel that I try to show my moral support for the forum and try to help out as much as I possibly can.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

It's everyone's duty to help point out spam posts and pointless threads. That is part of joining a community. You pointed out a few mistakes in One thread, which is good, but does that mean you should be praised for it? I see that as being a helpful member. We all spend countless hours here so that doesn't add much salt either.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:21 PM Edited by SlickSpencer8, 09 February 2012 - 10:24 PM.

Well that's what I was saying. Why can't a mod or admin give us a break and show us how we can be moderators so we can take away unnecessary spam away much faster and unnecessary topics. You asked and I try show what I have done but i guess its not good enough... confused.gif

It doesn't hurt nothing and would help you guys more.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Feb 9 2012, 18:21)
You asked and I try show what I have done but i guess its not good enough... confused.gif

Better grammar would help your case.

Look, there are many ways they show appreciation. General thanks and medals for helping out. As of now we have plenty of Mods and Admins to take care of the problems around here. When we need more they are selected on how much they contribute and how active they are. Instead of pushing yourself you should just keep at what you are doing. Hocking your abilities won't help at all.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Well give me a medal for finding that issue on the website smile.gif

Well instead of telling here how to become a moderator, you guys pin and close a topic and just give a list of stuff we can do and a list what not to do so people like myself don't keep on asking and you can reference them there.

And I am sorry for my grammar, I understand it sucks. confused.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

You're not going to get a medal for One thing you did, medals are given out for repeated help all over the forum. I have Three commendations and I don't have a medal. Do you understand? It's got to be prolonged help. I have also reported countless topics and members. You don't request to have a promotion, it's given as deserved. Like I said, just keep contributing. That's all you can do.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Thursday, Feb 9 2012, 22:49)
You're not going to get a medal for One thing you did, medals are given out for repeated help all over the forum.

I was being sarcastic...But whatever.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 02:40)
And it seems that if someone post on a subject "oh, how do I become a moderator?" then a mods reply's back something under this sort "well your chances will never come true and it won't happen since you posted" and to me that is very biased and discriminating

No, it's not. 99% of the members who ask the same question are those who try to help only for the sake of rewards and recognition. If that's your purpose on this forum, then it's not worth it.

You don't have to point yourself or your deeds out. If you've been genuinely helpful, you'll be noticed and rewarded for the same. No tutorial needed, just some common sense and actual interest in the game and the forum.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

Because most people that want to be a moderator want the job because of the power over other members. If you're genuinely interested in helping the forum out, it doesn't matter if you're a moderator or not. Report posts that break the rules. If you see something getting out of hand that a report might not be suitable for, shoot a moderator a PM to so they can take care of it if need be.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Exactly.

They don't hand power over to those who desperately seek it, they give it to those who can handle it.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:50 AM Edited by Dr. John13, 13 February 2012 - 01:20 PM.

EDIT: Oops, wrongly understood.

But what exactly is this?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 06:50)
Let's give a direct answer that this thing is Admin related so no need to take upon it.

You make no sense and have no idea what you're talking about Mr.12.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users