Open Topic chat - IRC #gta-sol.

1,000 replies to this topic
GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

What the hell is this?? Telepathy?? I was just looking at this 2 minutes ago on ModDB

Anyway its great to see its still up (the mod)

regexian
  • regexian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Jan 21 2011, 14:18)
What the hell is this?? Telepathy?? I was just looking at this 2 minutes ago on ModDB

Anyway its great to see its still up (the mod)

Hello GTARandom!

The map has significantly changed from GTA:SOL 51.9 to the point where you could say that it's deprecated. But yes, it is our goal to enhance the modification to the best of our abilities.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

Im glad to see this mod work out well. Exelent work. Keep it up. It seems that when two great mods come togeather it makes an awsome mod.

DECEiFER
  • DECEiFER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

An alpha test video concerning weapon synchronization has been released just within the last hour. The first post has been amended with the video now added. smile.gif

junox
  • junox

watch out for gimps

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

looking good folks.....
thanks to all concerned thats done work on the project---OVER THE YEARS .....

DECEiFER
  • DECEiFER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (junox @ Jan 22 2011, 04:26)
looking good folks.....
thanks to all concerned thats done work on the project---OVER THE YEARS .....

Amen! It's gonna happen. An all-new team is now working on it, X-Seti is still modeling, and overall, there's a lot of changes for the better happening - in terms of optimization, speed, user-friendliness, bug reduction, etc., etc.

Glad you like it! icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:58 AM

Man Im glad things are now working out for X-Seti. Before things wernt looking good for the mods life but now there looking great. I see you got the water out of the tunnles and now have radar around the whole map. Hope to see a release soon.

Adikaaaa
  • Adikaaaa

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:06 AM

Liberty city, Vice city and San Andreas on one "map" ?
Damn, that's so awesome. biggrin.gif
Keep it up ! (Y) cookie.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:44 AM

I'm very glad that this mod is still in development smile.gif
There were/is such a good progress over the years, thanks for the mod and all the hard work you guys put into it, keep it up icon14.gif
Can't wait for a release biggrin.gif

Mark01
  • Mark01

It's nice to be nice but I wouldn't lie to be nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

I already seen a topic a long long time ago about this mod but I didn't realised that it was an huge project like that, it goes far beyond expectations of every gta modders... and the engine too.

Outstanding, really.

PS: What will be the next islands to fill the whole map ? tounge.gif

regexian
  • regexian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

Unfortunately we are keeping these a secret at the moment, for a new island is currently in development. As you can see, however, there is plenty of space available. To get from San Fierro to Vice City, it actually takes around 7-8 minutes in a hotring racer traveling the optimal route. This is personally what I as a GTA fan have always wanted...a real-time distance in travel to get from place to place. GTAIV and SA were excellent steps, but SOL-O is really kicking things up! Additionally, if needed, the water, radar, and map itself can be expanded infinitely, so long as memory is available. SOL is completely deprecated compared to SOL-O.

Radz
  • Radz

Softcore Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

I remember i installed very initial release of this Mod back in 2005, I was crazy about Total Conversion modification, playing Vice City all the day, later R* released SanAndreas and GTA IV, but i never completed them nervous.gif really good memories with vice city biggrin.gif i still love it more than GTA IV.. looking forward to playing GTA SOL inlove.gif

S. Partrick
  • S. Partrick

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

When will it downlandable possibly?

regexian
  • regexian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (S. Partrick @ Jan 23 2011, 10:52)

A current release date is currently unknown, mainly because the work ahead is unknown. Not only do we have a constantly changing map to keep up-to-date with, but we also have the features, functionality, game engine improvements, multiplayer, etc. to worry about. We are projecting a release into the final semester of 2011 at the moment, but that can be changed accordingly. With more updates and videos, perhaps the communities will have an increased representation of what I mean.

Hope this helps!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

SOL has been given a new lease of live smile.gif

There are some truly ground breaking stuff going on your just have to wait and see.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:18 AM Edited by nkjellman, 24 January 2011 - 03:36 AM.

Well I hope all goes well for you. Also I hope you guys release a demo beta evry now and then so we can see the progress. Good luck. smile.gif

Edit: After exploring MLL I thought that it would be a great idea if you themed it after Chicago. They are themed simler. Also you should make the tunnels in Shore Side Vale like LCS and make the tunnel that was closed in LCS go to the bridge that goes to MML.

S. Partrick
  • S. Partrick

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (regexian @ Jan 23 2011, 18:52)
QUOTE (S. Partrick @ Jan 23 2011, 10:52)

A current release date is currently unknown, mainly because the work ahead is unknown. Not only do we have a constantly changing map to keep up-to-date with, but we also have the features, functionality, game engine improvements, multiplayer, etc. to worry about. We are projecting a release into the final semester of 2011 at the moment, but that can be changed accordingly. With more updates and videos, perhaps the communities will have an increased representation of what I mean.

Hope this helps!

It has and I expect more too.

DevilshakerZ
  • DevilshakerZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

I love this mod inlove.gif inlove.gif
But what about cars? You will add cars from SA and LC or not? and is it possible to add swimming to vc? it would be awesome biggrin.gif
Cant wait for this mod smile.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (DevilshakerZ @ Jan 24 2011, 15:33)
I love this mod inlove.gif inlove.gif
But what about cars? You will add cars from SA and LC or not? and is it possible to add swimming to vc? it would be awesome biggrin.gif
Cant wait for this mod smile.gif

Cars, (Best Kept Secret) for now.

We are looking for vehicle contributions too.

smile.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

My most anticipated mod of the year. Screw Black Mesa.

Can't wait for updates biggrin.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

Awesome, I know SOL would never die, this is gunna be fun!

S. Partrick
  • S. Partrick

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

That would be really cool.

BooMario
  • BooMario

Helo Mr. Snowman.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Very cool, i am waiting for release biggrin.gif
if i can help in somenting, i'am here all time

DECEiFER
  • DECEiFER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hi folks, we're working very hard to bring you a new development video (our second in the series) at the end of this week or next week. We'll be featuring weapon synchronization in its more evolved state among other things, which I won't go into detail about...yet. wink.gif

Stay tuned! smile.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Can't wait.

NEED MOAR.

DECEiFER
  • DECEiFER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

GTA: State Of Liberty Online (SOL-O) - Second Development Video - Bike and Weapon Synchronization

We are pleased to announce the second SOL-O development video edition.

This edition, in line with the last one, focuses on synchronization.

Motorcycle synchronization is demonstrated in this video, a key vehicle type that was omitted from the first development video due to the system not being completed. Using a similar system as for cars, you can see that bikes are silky smooth. We further demonstrated this by showcasing wheelies and stoppies.

Weapon synchronization is must. Enabling the players' ability deathmatch like any other commercial online game has always been a goal for SOL-O. While the system has a way to go before it can be considered done, we showcased progress done to-date. Working in tandem with the new player synchronization system that has recently been implemented (also a work-in-progress), we have even today managed to surpass many other GTA multi-player modification in terms of weapon accuracy.

Last but not least, there is a small (big) surprise shown. We won't go into detail about it here, but let's just say it's a feature that has never been accomplished with the Vice City engine before now. Watch the video the whole way through, and we promise that you will not be disappointed!

This video was filmed on February 5, 2011. At no point in the video was the filmer driving.

Intro motion graphics by Demo-Graphics.

Filmed and edited by DECEiFER.

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

WoW, that surprise is just amazing inlove.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Alt @ Feb 10 2011, 07:35)
WoW, that surprise is just amazing  inlove.gif

I second this.

You guys are showing epic innovation in not just MP modding but GTA modding in general. Kudos icon14.gif

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

I've got to say guys, awesome work icon14.gif but, i gotta ask.
Is there gonna be missions from SA, VC, and GTA3? or.. Will they just be a made-up storyline, where carl meet tommy, and tommy and carl meet claude?

regexian
  • regexian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

Glad to see that everyone's taking the surprise so "lightly." smile.gif Thanks for the feedback!

To answer your question Secretagents1, it was a dream of X-Seti from the start to create a completely unique storyline to the map; however, I don't see why we can't include the whole lot! We are far from that stage, so everything about missions at the moment is vastly unknown to us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users