Open Topic chat - IRC #gta-sol.

1,000 replies to this topic
X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

heavy vehicle cheat will get in to those tunnels, VC ultimate trainer can be found in the tools folder of the mod.

menny
  • menny

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

Sorry X-Seti...but...how can I purchase or spawn extra cars? sad.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

Ahaha biggrin.gif . The support you are getting is amazing X-Seti.

Good updates and it's good to see testers helping to find bugs (even if I told you about a few of um back in April tounge.gif )

By Christmas time, when I get my new 'IV maxing-out' rig, I plan on becoming a hardcore SCM scripter and may be able to finish off that mission I started for this and possibly several others.

But just a question:
Have you used my car spawns in this update?

I'd check but I don't have a fully functional computer - this one barley turns on half the time.

Nice work cookie.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

This is a quick update for GTASOLbeta 59.1.

Just download this update and run it in your GTA MOD folder, Some machines you may need you to choose the file path.

http://www.ukscifi.n...1.9e_Update.exe

If your having problems installing the mod, sometimes not all the files get overwriten by the installer.

You can try and unpack all the files into an empty folder first, then copy your AUDIO and Anims folder into the same emtpy folder and run it from there.

Remember to rename the folder to GTASOL51.9 or whatever works for you.

smile.gif

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

This building is still missing
user posted image

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

Its not now, smile.gif

Redownload that update.

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

New bugs

user posted image user posted image
user posted image

And Why all signs in San Andreas is empty?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Jur1zz @ Nov 11 2009, 17:05)
New bugs

user posted image

And Why all signs in San Andreas is empty?

First 2 images are fixed, but that area of SA has always been an issue, given the mapper I am using.

The second two, The signs are hard coded in the SA exe, and all I converted was the blank sign from the models in SA.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

I thought the signs aren't hard-coded, and the DFF itself contains them... although the function which enables them could be a pain in the ass to "implement" if you know what I mean.

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

Yeah I thought it was some sort of 2DFX segment in the DFFs too. That's worth a check.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

the streetsign text was worked out by DexX, over here

VCSA
  • VCSA

Gostown6

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

This is a mod I've followed for ages now and I had it working ages ago. Since I saw this tonight I made a fresh install of VC, followed the instructions as said on GTAG however when it comes to installation I get this at the end

Windows cannot find '.:\GTASOL_Readme.rtf'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

Pressing OK on that makes it go away, gta_vc.exe has gone too, starting up the gtasol exe loads up to the menu, pressing new game crashes to desktop.

Installing the update then makes the game crash in the same spot, right at the start of the load, however the loading screen stays and the error report send, don't send appears.

Help would be appreciated, it's confusing me as the older versions worked no problem.

Thanks

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:08 AM

Copy your sol.exe and rename the copy to gtavc.exe then run either exe.

You need both to run the game.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:00 AM Edited by X-Seti, 12 November 2009 - 10:10 AM.

QUOTE (VCSA @ Nov 12 2009, 02:57)
This is a mod I've followed for ages now and I had it working ages ago. Since I saw this tonight I made a fresh install of VC, followed the instructions as said on GTAG however when it comes to installation I get this at the end

Windows cannot find '.:\GTASOL_Readme.rtf'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

Pressing OK on that makes it go away, gta_vc.exe has gone too, starting up the gtasol exe loads up to the menu, pressing new game crashes to desktop.

Installing the update then makes the game crash in the same spot, right at the start of the load, however the loading screen stays and the error report send, don't send appears.

Help would be appreciated, it's confusing me as the older versions worked no problem.

Thanks

The game might crash at least once from start up that way, but it depends on all the files being over written and not being missed/skipped by the installer.

There are two problems with those using XP, and Vista;

1. On some comps when you remove read-only from all the files, not all the files get changed.
2. When you run the GTASOL51.9 installer, not all the files are being replaced.

So I am changing how you install the game.

Try this.

1. Make a new GTA folder and call it GTASOL51.9 or what ever you want.
2. Copy the GTA-VC.exe into this new folder.
3. Copy the Anims and Audio folder to this folder also.
4. (GTASOL51.9 605Megs) mod installer; Run and Install this into the new GTA folder.

Future mod updates should work too.

You should have no problems running it from here, Vista/Seven users need to make sure there is a Vice City Data folder in the C:/Users/Accountfolder*/Vice City*..

So tell me what happens now, and it makes no difference how the Exe is named after the install.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

This is a quick update for GTASOLbeta 51.9.

Just download this update and run it in your GTA MOD folder, Some machines you may need you to choose the file path.

http://www.ukscifi.n...1.9f_Update.exe

This may be the last small update till I release Beta52.0.

jkmit
  • jkmit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:40 PM Edited by jkmit, 06 December 2009 - 08:49 AM.

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Nov 12 2009, 04:00)
QUOTE (VCSA @ Nov 12 2009, 02:57)

Thanks

The game might crash at least once from start up that way, but it depends on all the files being over written and not being missed/skipped by the installer.

There are two problems with those using XP, and Vista;

1. On some comps when you remove read-only from all the files, not all the files get changed.
2. When you run the GTASOL51.9 installer, not all the files are being replaced.

So I am changing how you install the game.

Try this.

1. Make a new GTA folder and call it GTASOL51.9 or what ever you want.
2. Copy the GTA-VC.exe into this new folder.
3. Copy the Anims and Audio folder to this folder also.
4. (GTASOL51.9 605Megs) mod installer; Run and Install this into the new GTA folder.

Future mod updates should work too.

You should have no problems running it from here, Vista/Seven users need to make sure there is a Vice City Data folder in the C:/Users/Accountfolder*/Vice City*..

So tell me what happens now, and it makes no difference how the Exe is named after the install.

I tried all that, and when i open the game, hit new game, the loading screen pops up,where the pink bar at the bottom is about only an inch of the way done, and the HD light on my pc isn't lighting up, so I assume its not loading . then I alt tab to see if windows froze, and a screen pops up saying theres an error, but theres no context. I am so confused.

EDIT: NVM, fixed it

OneEighteen
  • OneEighteen

Hachi Roku Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

i have been following your mod for quite some time now and i am loving what im seeing i see you got all those bugs out that when you crash the car it keeps going and then crashes the game man that was annoying and im also glad to hear you are finally putting in some more paths you should do just the cars first cuz it gets really annoying when you flip your car in los santos and your stuck there haveing to walk around biggrin.gif or if you can just put some parked cars around

keep up the great work wink.gif

mujahideen1979
  • mujahideen1979

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

often when i fly,drive etc ... enter another city , teh game crashes , when i fly to san andreas it crashes , or is it fixed in this version , didnt tried it , but before i try it i ask smile.gif are the most crashes now fixed ?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

Yes, all fixed.

menny
  • menny

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:35 AM

When 52.0 will be realesed? biggrin.gif

WikiSteam
  • WikiSteam

WIP GTA The Dark Site

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

Awsome work. This mod is good, you can make this for SA?

Is awsome, simple awsome cookie.gif

parden$
  • parden$

Wanna hate , have a nice time - T.I

• Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

nice job man

i think if you made it for san andreas it would be better though cos san andreas is more of an open game that lets you do more biggrin.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (parden$ @ Dec 31 2009, 15:05)
nice job man

i think if you made it for san andreas it would be better though cos san andreas is more of an open game that lets you do more biggrin.gif

Wrong, SA isn't so open.

1. SA engine would be to slow to run on some machines with the mod installed over it, only High end machines could run it.
I have a good spec machine and I was having trouble with horrible laggy game play.

2. SA exe limits would not allow for the map size of SOL, paths, enx, memory allocation issues. (Crashing for no good reason) memory leaks!

3. We got SA patched to 1.2 where some people could not run the mod unless they patched their own SA exe back to 1.1.
This put me off in the end seeing how some was having issues with the VC version and not following the Readme.

4. R refused to give me permission to mod on the SA engine, noted reasons above.

5. Lack of modding tools for SA, this stopped me from trying to make that version work.

No way to debug the engine when it crashed.
Not all the RW objects would load, when I converted them by hand.

Lack of support and interest from others - no community a part from those who want to redo what others have done before for themselves, and start their own projects just to convert the maps into what ever engine, there have been way to many other Re-cycle projects like this one, so I saw no point continuing.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

I now see that it is best to keep it in VC. But I have a cuple questions. When modding for GTA 4 gets more advanced do you think you may port it to GTA 4, and if so do you think it would run well in GTA 4. And last would you remove the GTA 4 map and add the SOL map in its place. Or would you keep the GTA 4 map and add the SOL map south of it. I think that would be cool because in Hove Beach by Mr. Foustens house were the road comes to a dead end, you could add a road that hooks up to MLL or GTA 3's Liberty City. I think thats a perfict spot to have the IV era Liberty City.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

Lets see how modding goes on GTAIV, but if R releases another patch to block modding then I do not see any point using that engine.

I am still working on my own engine, and when done I can kiss goodbye to GTA engines.

however GTAIV is resource hungry just like SA, but it handles objects better, so SOL would be possible on that engine.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

News Update (Jan 13th, 2010) this project is almost 5 years old!

Looking at the state of things and the lack of interest from others, I am thinking about scrapping the project, quitting modding and moving on to something else. I haven't given up on it yet, but am not far from it.

Searching the internet today I find there's nothing good being said about the project; there are people complaining about the mod all around the world, and this is mostly because of the peds missing from the streets.

All the feedback points to one thing.

Why are there no peds?

I need to know where the streets are first before we add the peds/ vehicles, (you can not do it the other way around)

I have to put more time on the maps first, trying to get it all right as I have remodelled most of what couldn't be ported over from SA, and I have only started repairing and updating LC.

''Doesn't anyone understand what It took to bring this all together, having to do things in the right order so everything else fits in.''

Why can you not port this to SA or GTAIV?

Why I can not use the SA engine and any other? - Simple, I got permission to do this on VC back in 2003. When I went to R* about doing the SA version, I was turned away and any other contact was soon ignored. (if *R are reading this, thanks guys)

GTAIV, all the models would need to be converted a different way, plus IDE and IPL files.

What am I doing now?

Working on LC, replacing some of the badly made models that Rockstar created and this is because you only saw GTAIII from one level, the missions are based on street level only, the player was not expected to see the city from way above.

Why did you release a mod with no Peds or Vehicles?

I hoped people would be able to find bugs for me, this would speed up how I could fix everything on the maps before I moved onto other stages of the project.

What needs doing?

Alot!

1. Hacking the limits on the engine still. The Ped limit still is a big issue but not impossible.
2. I am still unable to get the Peds and Vehicles across the maps.
3. Replace Andy's Limit adjuster as this was an unfinished beta, that adds bugs to the VC exe.
4. More work on the maps, replacing those beta bridges.
5. Remove DeathSquad's tunnels, as he gave up on it and helping me.
6. SCM code the missions, from the storyline we have had done.
7. Work out what vehicles we need, because I have 600 in the game.
8. Anything else that I haven't put here to improve the project, I am sure someone else will think of something.

Have you had any support of others?

Not much, People do tend to drop by and contribute something now and again and of course these people have been credited, but no one sticks around.

Why did you release the mod?

This started out as a research project just for VC only, I just wanted to know how much the engine could handle with the computers specs I had at the time, and running the mod at full speed with the hardware I have now.

When will you release Beta 52.0?

When I get some of the other issues fixed, mostly peds.

Do you think your get any help from other modders or coders

No, but for many reasons.

VC engine is now classed as retro modding, The general modding community moves forward with the times but sometimes to fast.

Tools that was started for VC or SA may be only betas and may never get finished, If those people spend more time researching these tool it would benefit everyone, we would see better mods.

There has been more tools made for VC, then any other modding game out there not just GTA!, the same can not be said for SA, or GTAIV.

I am a strong believer that you finish what you started, and I would like to have seen all GTA engines tooled up.

So your going to finish this project?

Maybe.

What mapping tools do you use?

Ked (Moomapper) mostly, but notepad is the best tool.

Why the VC engine?

VC engine is the best engine to mod with hardly any restrictions for Rockstar.

The Future?

This depends on what support I get, I have had people come to me in the past but they do not stick around much, it has been me all the way working alone on this, and this was not what I had in mind when I first started.

I do have a life, so lately I have no spent as much time on this as I might like too.

Keith Mc-Kay

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

I do want to help and I've never given up on helping you but.. our time zones are so far apart we never see each other online lol.gif

Also the last thing i was working on after i last saw you was adding details to some of your buildings but what i never got to tell you was that i wasn't able to import your models with textures so i couldn't do anything without totally restarting on your models which i didn't want to do confused.gif

Head over to gtas and I'll set up a little sub section for us to talk cause I'm always online there and cause I'm in charge i can maker sure we have a private section lol.gif and yes i know you've got a forum but it'd be easier to just have a little section for us 2 to chat and leave messages.

www.gtastunting.net/forums send me a PM here or there when you want

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Ironic, in a way, that today was the day I re-install VC to play SOL.
I downloaded the latest version and it's f*cking amazing.
The water and new buildings give the mod a lot more feeling and I just love playing it for hours.

Also, I totally agree with the whole thing about modding moving onto the next game too fast.
People are just bringing out sh*t mod after sh*t mod (with a good'n now n' again) and I'm getting f*cking sick of it.
If people put good time into their work, it creates beauties like this, but you need the support too.

Last time, I added car spawns for you and I came across map limit problems were car spawns in SA would crash the game confused.gif - have you fixed this?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:40 AM Edited by X-Seti, 15 January 2010 - 08:45 AM.

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Jan 14 2010, 22:30)
Ironic, in a way, that today was the day I re-install VC to play SOL.
I downloaded the latest version and it's f*cking amazing.
The water and new buildings give the mod a lot more feeling and I just love playing it for hours.

Also, I totally agree with the whole thing about modding moving onto the next game too fast.
People are just bringing out sh*t mod after sh*t mod (with a good'n now n' again) and I'm getting f*cking sick of it.
If people put good time into their work, it creates beauties like this, but you need the support too.

Last time, I added car spawns for you and I came across map limit problems were car spawns in SA would crash the game  confused.gif   - have you fixed this?

Yes I have, but there is still a limit on how many parked cars, this I can not seem to find.

What I am working on today; Play skip issue when you fall into the water.

The skipping player bug isn't SCM at all, it's an exe bug as a result of hacking the limits.

If you died in the original VC bounds, The player doesn't skip around when respawned.

DECEiFER
  • DECEiFER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:16 PM Edited by DECEiFER, 11 February 2011 - 09:15 PM.

user posted image

GTA: State Of Liberty (SOL) and GTA: State Of Liberty Online (SOL-O) are upcoming single-player and multi-player modifications for GTA: Vice City. The project is a collaborative merger between the Vice City Online (VCO) and State Of Liberty (SOL) projects and teams that adds the three Renderware GTA (III, VC and SA) maps in one. The two projects and teams merged in April 2010, with the public announcement/press release concerning the merger being released on October 31st, 2010.

Vice City Online:
In the month of April 2010, VCO discussed the possibilities of adding a new flair to the project. What the lead developer ReGeX had in mind, we could not have been prepared for. After researching a well-known GTA modder by the name of X-Seti, it was clear that he too was going through the developers' blues. For those of you who do not know who X-Seti is, he is the founder and lead-developer of the GTA: State Of Liberty (SOL) modification. SOL had problems, lots of problems. ReGeX envisioned many resolutions to the technical and personnel problems facing SOL. Why not combine VCO with SOL? Why not bring X-Seti on to the team? It could not have happened with better timing. X-Seti, working alone, was ready to call it quits and move on to other projects. However, once ReGeX and he spoke, they struck a deal they both could not refuse.

State Of Liberty:
SOL is a modification that combines the three Renderware GTA (III, VC and SA) maps in one. It is no secret that SOL has faced many brick-walls down through the years. Using the Vice City engine, there are issues with the radar being redundant, extreme waterlogging, FPS lag, among other problems with the integration of the maps. Truth is, it is not a one-man job. X-Seti is the man behind the models and the mapping, where he has concentrated most of his efforts down through the years. He also has extensive experience in reverse-engineering. ReGeX is Computer Science graduate who has been programming since he stopped wetting the bed. With a fresh set of eyes, ReGeX has been able to find solutions to many of the technical problems SOL had been facing, leaving X-Seti to concentrate on the modelling guilt-free while lending ReGeX a hand from time to time.

What's changed?:
The evolution of the modification has been nothing short of majestic. Water levels, hacked, fixed. Radar, hacked, fixed. FPS lag, re-modelling and draw-distance optimization, work-in-progress. I could go on all day about how the modification has evolved, but more features will be revealed as they are at least partially developed.

VCO and SOL, so what's the deal?:
Vice City Online was in a sweet place before State Of Liberty merged with it. Within a week or so after the merging, ReGeX produced the first alpha build of State Of Liberty Online (SOL-O). Preserving the new VCO RC2 alpha features, it was a treat to say the least! One of the best VCO RC2 features was the new vehicle synchronization system that was developed in November 2009 (which has since been re-done completely, delivering even more accuracy and smoothness).

The State Of Liberty Online project is going to consist of three games:

• State Of Liberty single-player (as originally dreamed up by X-Seti)
• State Of Liberty Online
• Vice City Online

Development of State Of Liberty Online runs parallel to creating Vice City Online, for the good folks that want to keep it simple.

The map/radar as it is today can be seen below. More areas are planned and in development, but at this moment, this is the playing field:

user posted image

Screenshots of many areas on the map can be seen in our gallery:

http://www.gtasolonl...ewalbum&album=2

How long will the development take?:
We cannot speak for the single player entity of the game, but at the rate that the multi-player aspect (SOL-O) is progressing, we are thinking along the lines of 2011. Anything more exact than that cannot be determined at present.

What about a teaser?:
We are way ahead of you. We created a very quick montage of some plain ol' driving around the SOL-O map in October 2010. Note that what you are about to see in this footage is a bit deprecated now, since these montage elements were taken closer to April 2010.

Watch in HD:

Any more recent developments?:
Absolutely! We released our first development video in late November 2010, and the second one is expected to be released before the end of January 2011. This video demonstrates the evolution of vehicle motion and damage synchronization. The description on YouTube will tell you in more detail what it's all about.

Watch in HD:

We have also released another video. This is an alpha test of weapon synchronization filmed on January 15th, 2011. A full description is available on the YouTube link.

Watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDOyKqTCmYA&hd=1

This is our second development video, released on February 10th, 2011.

Watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6eFOnNZZZI&hd=1

The SOL-O Swim-Off, released on February 11th, 2011:

Watch in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvEjI3lZGUA&hd=1

SOL-O Website: http://www.gtasolonline.com
SOL-O Forum: http://forum.gtasolonline.com
SOL Website/Forum: http://www.gtastateofliberty.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook....114619601915911

You Tube: http://www.youtube.c...OfLibertyOnline

GTAModding.com Wiki: http://www.gtamoddin..._Liberty_Online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users