Photo

Open Topic chat - IRC #gta-sol.

1,000 replies to this topic
d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

To put it quickly, an SA version would be impossible.
The strain on the engine is just too much. Sure it would work, but at an unplayable state I would think.
I think that the VC engine is the better decision, mostly due to the undiscovered powers of this engine.

Anyways, it's good to see that X-Seti still has an update in line,
especially since the lack of community support.
It saddens me that a mod of this greatness and potential,
was just laid to waste by a huge modding community.
I tried my best to help, yet I'm still a mediocre modder.

People are more bothered in car mods than a huge map mod that desperately needed a team.
It's for VC - who cares? It's amazing that X-Seti got this far by himself and the potential here is great.
But one man can only go so far and I guess this is it.

Some people may think I'm over reacting, but this guy spent these last few years working on this,
and for what?

Well done X-Seti, I only wish I could of helped you more cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Some community this is...

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:08 PM Edited by X-Seti, 14 October 2009 - 07:55 PM.

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Oct 13 2009, 20:53)
To put it quickly, an SA version would be impossible.
The strain on the engine is just too much. Sure it would work, but at an unplayable state I would think.
I think that the VC engine is the better decision, mostly due to the undiscovered powers of this engine.

Anyways, it's good to see that X-Seti still has an update in line,
especially since the lack of community support.
It saddens me that a mod of this greatness and potential,
was just laid to waste by a huge modding community.
I tried my best to help, yet I'm still a mediocre modder.

People are more bothered in car mods than a huge map mod that desperately needed a team.
It's for VC - who cares? It's amazing that X-Seti got this far by himself and the potential here is great.
But one man can only go so far and I guess this is it.

Some people may think I'm over reacting, but this guy spent these last few years working on this,
and for what?

Well done X-Seti, I only wish I could of helped you more cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Some community this is...

Thankyou mate.

Here is something to remember;

I started this mod just after SA was released and was being researched (End-2004-March-2005), from the start I only wanted to know how much the VC engine could handle, in the way of having bigger maps with more vehicles, and know what was possible in the way of limits for future projects.

And I was not going/planning to release anything really from the very beginning, it's only when I got permission from R*, Motivation and free time, I finally with the help of Andy I got something released (SA-LVCbeta01.rar 17Sept2004) This was VC and LC only, with the plan to add SA in time.

I have released many betas and versions up to 51.1, where we now have a totally stable map.

Many tweaks and hacks to the exe was released for the game exe, by myself and Andy, but these in the last year whore never finished due to Andy quiting modding, on the upside SOL supports 3 times as many vehicles and has twice the object capacity of GTA_SA.

We can have bigger maps SA engine, 70% of the dff models are RW3.4 thanks to Steve M's RWA tool, this means that the mod is able to run on the SA engine.

For those who wanted the SA version, There has been many problems to address and the reason why GTA United will not be able to have all 3 cities on one map.

I have worked on the SA version of SOL for 2 years, but I found that the SA engine is very limited in how fast data can be read from the img files, plus the amount of data in the IPL, IDEs entires, without re-compiling the engine I see no real way to bust this problem.

When I started on the VC version of SOL, this also ran very slow, given I had a 1.8Ghz Dell desktop at the time with a crap GFX card, So Adding SA 3 year ago would have been a knightmare.

I have a Custom built Quad Core 3.2Ghz machine now that can run the VC version of SOL like a dream, but the SA version now still is very slow for me and right now is un-releasable.

SA has a lot of issues when it comes to storing large amount of data in the img files, one thing being the most noticeable is lag, 2fps in same cases depending on the city your in, where not many people will be able to run the game.

SA can crash when you have to much spawning on one place at once, there is a spawn object limit that cant seem to be removed.

Paths are the biggest issue for SA, as it is impossible to spawn paths way beyond there original map bounds, the problem noted above added to this problem also, where the engine just crashes anyway.

This is where I dropped the SA version, and fell back to VC, where I did get paths spawning way beyond the map bounds be only in the East and South regions of the map.

I never got around to doing the radar maps as this was never a priority, but the water table issues have been fixed with a temp fix, if I get around to it, I can now add paths to the rest of the maps, but I have never been that good at path mapping and there isnt a tool for this with SOL, given the map size.

Update more soon.

user posted imageuser posted image

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

I think it was responsible decision to drop the SA version, due to reasons stated.

I really don't get the lack of support for this mod though, even if it's VC.

After New Year, I'd gladly help with path issues if you would want.
The thing is, I have no idea how VC paths work, but I'm looking into it for now.

Nice to see updates on buildings icon14.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

I think VC version can be good to but only if the City's will live (im not sure [i dont have VC to test this mod] ) but i think in actual GTASOL there are emty streets no peds no cars soo game is booring to drive only around map confused.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

You can spawn peds and vehicles via scm.

I was thinking last night, turning the whole thing into a survivor type game, making the peds and vehicles come after the player.

I could adjust the maps, so you have a route to go through the maps, starting off in say LC, and having to get to VC (Final mission), the long way via SA.

It's not hard to add overturned cars and wrecked buildings, other broken stuff around the streets.

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

I'm glad that this mod is still alive icon14.gif

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Oct 15 2009, 07:14)
You can spawn peds and vehicles via scm.

I was thinking last night, turning the whole thing into a survivor type game, making the peds and vehicles come after the player.

I could adjust the maps, so you have a route to go through the maps, starting off in say LC, and having to get to VC (Final mission), the long way via SA.

It's not hard to add overturned cars and wrecked buildings, other broken stuff around the streets.

i dont like this idea confused.gif
But do you think about making cars drive on roads and peds walking ?
Mod can be 100% better with this rolleyes.gif

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

i think you should release that as DLC tounge.gif it's 4 am atm so i'm half asleep but.. having it set like that as default wouldn't be great, but having it as an extra would be fantastic tounge.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

That would work.

DLC umm ok, all the main files are there, no more needs to be done to the maps really, but I am still working on some parts of it too speed things up, but DLC might be the way to go to keep things bubbling along.

SCM updates mostly.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

New version out next week, this is no longer needed for this topic title is the wrong.

Mc-Kay

New release here

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:55 PM Edited by X-Seti, 01 December 2009 - 10:19 AM.

GTA: State of Liberty 2010 (GTA-SOL51.9) (AngryBull) released.

To the point;

This mod has no Peds or Vehicles just yet, so if your not into empty maps then this mod is not for you.

This mod has finished maps, but there are always ideas to add more in time for missions.

So why am I releasing this now, I would like help in testing the beta maps, If someone has found something I have over looked, I can fix it.

Download links:
Download link one

Download link two

DLC Updates for GTASOLbeta 51.9 (Nov 30, 2009)

Just download this update and run it in your GTA MOD folder, Some machines you may need you to choose the file path.

This update replaces update A, B & C.

Just install this over your MOD folder.

Thankyou to those who have been bug hunting - Flat Face, Jur1zz and menny.

This update includes;
1. Mansion is fixed, LOD have been put right
2. Littleh, areas fixed.
3. Building site northn fixed.
4. Garage doors removed.
5. Some water areas fixed.
6. More vehicles added (but hidden for now)

GTASOL51.9f_Update.exe

If your having problems installing the mod, sometimes not all the files get overwriten by the installer.

You can try and unpack all the files into an empty folder first, then copy your AUDIO and Anims folder into the same emtpy folder and run it from there.

Remember to rename the folder to GTASOL51.9 or whatever works for you.

smile.gif

The final release date for this mod has been set back because of some issues getting everything together; I will keep all of you informed as to when that will be, this means this is not the last release as there are going to be plenty more to come.

A) Still awaiting missions to be added and coded into the SCM.
B) I will be working in Paths next.

Intro:

GTA State of Liberty is a collection of cities from GTAIII, VC and SA.
Bring all the GTA islands onto one stable map that has been every GTA players dream.

Extra islands have or will be added in the style that R might have created them.

Edit, The images below are old and unexpected biggrin.gif
Hover the mouse pointer over them to get the comments and (Dates)

This project is almost 5 years OLD smile.gif

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

wow great job, well is atleast what i can say about the 5 years you put in this mod, i understand the effort you did so i understand the time you dedicated to this

Awsome Man!

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

Why do you make a topic for every new version?

Anyways, looks awesome. Really icon14.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

I asked for the others to be dropped, guess the admins havent gotten to the others yet.

And the real answer to your question is posted in this topic, I keep track of who downloads the mod.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

After 5 years of work with this mod You have got alot done. I support this mod because its gotten far after the 5 years and its incredable what it has to offer. The news about the SA SOL being canceld is understandable and its too much for SA to handle. But in that case this means that more will come out of the VC SOL. Also I think that there may be a scripter out there who scripts well for Vice City and wants to help out in a project like this one. There are lots of talented scripters on this forum and with this they can get themselvs, you, and the mod reconised even beter. It would give them, you, and this project the credet it deserves. I suppourt this mod and you and wish you good luck. THe last thing to say is look how far its gotten in the past 5 years then see where it is in the next five years. Great work and I with you the beast of luck.

jules_winnfield
  • jules_winnfield

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:28 AM Edited by jules_winnfield, 25 October 2009 - 04:33 AM.

Wow, I find it strange I decide to come here to look for this mod today, to find out, it had just been updated, TODAY.

Well, I am very happy this mod has not yet been discontinued. This has came a very long way. I have personally been watching this mod for about 4 years now. It has definitely come a long way. I respect your determination, as well as all others who have pitched into the contribution of this mod over the years. This has gone far, and will hopefully go further. It would be a great shame to see this mod go the way of others in the past. For as long as I can remember there would always be one of these topics floating in the Maps Showroom, it would be quite strange to not have this mod listed on this section of the forum anymore. It makes me sad that there is no way I could contribute myself, I really do not know of anything I could possibly help with. If I had a vast common sense knowledge of modifying, I would spend as much time as I could with this mod, and it really hurts me that I can't. I don't look for this mod to be done quickly, because I, unlike a lot of kids in this forum, understand people actually have lives, and cannot spend all their time working on this. If you were willing to work on this mod for five MORE years, I would be here. I may not be able to really ever help, but damn it, I will be here to show my support all the way.

I wish you luck with this, and hopefully you can bring this to complete success, which it already is, pretty much.

edit: I did download the mod.

Grove Street Boy
  • Grove Street Boy

Maggot for life!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:48 AM Edited by Grove Street Boy, 25 October 2009 - 06:57 AM.

Wow cool! In the second screenshot on GTAG u managed to get the Hydra functioning? And yes i agree with jules_winnfield, this is a magnificent piece of work and we will always appreciate it! biggrin.gif

P.S. Downloaded it. smile.gif

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:52 AM

THIS. IS. AWESOME.
i'm gonna play it right now! good work, X-Seti!

tasty
  • tasty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

Great job so far, the screenshots do look great.
I've registered to thank you for your work so far, and will download once I can find more internet smile.gif.
Thanks
Tasty.

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

X-Seti, as I see, you use princesiva's Restyled cars... that's very good! HD Palms too.
but did you have permission to use it?
PS - too bad you didn't fix this bug when Tommy fall in water and makes superjumps instead of running... and too bad that you broke VC's paths, now peds' cars goes through walls and they flying in some places.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:52 PM Edited by X-Seti, 25 October 2009 - 01:55 PM.

QUOTE (The FireStarteR @ Oct 25 2009, 12:01)
X-Seti, as I see, you use princesiva's Restyled cars... that's very good! HD Palms too.
but did you have permission to use it?
PS - too bad you didn't fix this bug when Tommy fall in water and makes superjumps instead of running... and too bad that you broke VC's paths, now peds' cars goes through walls and they flying in some places.

Yep I have, I asked the Auther long ago about his original VC textures.

As far as I know these textures are not HD, and HD isn't the right term for them anyway, more like high quality textures.

I also asked TonyM, about his textures but found out later that the ones he gave me wasn't his, so I removed them but forgot about the generic.txd in models, the tree textures shown are from SOL beta 47.5, upto beta 50.0

Still I would like to know who created those textures if TonyM didnt?.

I am looking for the ones I had originally, but they look much the same as the ones I got from TonyM?

I will pull the mod and fix the problem if needs be.

I am working on the paths and I stated this on the first page, thats to come unless you know something about paths and maybe could help me?

junox
  • junox

watch out for gimps

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

thanks X-seti i download this mod and will install and try later for you icon14.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (junox @ Oct 25 2009, 15:12)
thanks X-seti i download this mod and will install and try later for you  icon14.gif

Your one of the top modders, I'd be interested in your feedback mate.

I am going to fix the path stuff now and release a quick update, I cant fix the scm becuase I suck at that, however I can restore the scm back to its original black file.

however I would lose all the spawn points.

sad.gif

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Oct 25 2009, 13:52)

as I know, this textures from SRT3... but I'm not exactly sure.

about helping with paths: sorry, don't know much about it confused.gif but i'm sure you'll find very competent man who will do it for you biggrin.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (The FireStarteR @ Oct 25 2009, 15:49)

as I know, this textures from SRT3... but I'm not exactly sure.

about helping with paths: sorry, don't know much about it confused.gif but i'm sure you'll find very competent man who will do it for you biggrin.gif

Whats SRT3?

Path code is fixed. btw, VC has life in the right places.

menny
  • menny

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

I think you must add a train on that railroad...if you can... biggrin.gif

I really love your mod...I'm seeing for this from many year...and I ever loved... sly.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

Thanks thats on the list to be sorted soon.

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Oct 25 2009, 15:09)
Whats SRT3?

San Andreas Retexture Mod
BTW, nice to hear about paths!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (The FireStarteR @ Oct 25 2009, 17:20)
QUOTE (X-Seti @ Oct 25 2009, 15:09)
Whats SRT3?

San Andreas Retexture Mod
BTW, nice to hear about paths!

I know now, I've Pm'ed Paroxum.

junox
  • junox

watch out for gimps

• Members

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:54 PM Edited by junox, 25 October 2009 - 05:00 PM.

QUOTE (The FireStarteR @ Oct 25 2009, 15:49)

biggrin.gif

Whats SRT3?

Path code is fixed. btw, VC has life in the right places.

this is very good news X-seti for modders - will paths run through the whole extension, all map sections can have life ?? - this has been frustrating me for a very long time... it was so good when the limits were first opened - now paths for car + people
have a cookie cookie.gif

dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users