Photo

Open Topic chat - IRC #gta-sol.

1,013 replies to this topic
Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 22 July 2013 - 03:50 AM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:10)
That sounds like a terrible idea. It's going to be obvious that the game is going away, and another is loading. I bet you will see a flash of the desktop. I also bet that will lag like hell. DirectX doesn't operate that way and that will cause issues. It also takes away the point of the mod. I could just exit GTA SA, and load a III/VC to SA total conversion. Besides, you think running three GTA's with less IPL's is more optimized then one with a bunch of IPL's?
The 3 GTA game idea is the worst optimization method I have ever heard of.

Why don't you get the game to be able to load and unload IPL files? At least you can make the transition be a loading screen, like on games with more than one map.

Fun Fact: You can make Episodes From Liberty City have a different map on each episode. If you hack it right, you can make it load IV, which means 3 maps. GTA IV exists in EFLC but its not acessable in the files.

actually... having two GTA SA Windows open does not lag... and we were talking about trying it with Total Conversions... the 3 gta thing got dropped a while back in the convo...

READ THE FULL TOPIC BEFORE ASSUMING...

biggrin.gif

also both mods could still coexsist... SOL is for III, VC, and SA I believe... while the other one is just for SA...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 03:48)
That sounds like a terrible idea. It's going to be obvious that the game is going away, and another is loading. I bet you will see a flash of the desktop. I also bet that will lag like hell. DirectX doesn't operate that way and that will cause issues. It also takes away the point of the mod. I could just exit GTA SA, and load a III/VC to SA total conversion. Besides, you think running three GTA's with less IPL's is more optimized then one with a bunch of IPL's?

Why don't you get the game to be able to load and unload IPL files? At least you can make the transition be a loading screen, like on games with more than one map.

Fun Fact: You can make Episodes From Liberty City have a different map on each episode. If you hack it right, you can make it load IV, which means 3 maps. GTA IV exists in EFLC but its not acessable in the files.

actually... having two GTA SA Windows open does not lag... and we were talking about trying it with Total Conversions... the 3 gta thing got dropped a while back in the convo...

biggrin.gif

also both mods could still coexsist... SOL is for III, VC, and SA I believe... while the other one is just for SA...

I read the whole thing. It is going to be hard to pull off.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 04:10)
QUOTE (Ss4gogeta0 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 03:48)

biggrin.gif

I read the whole thing. It is going to be hard to pull off.

bahhh Easy is boring... Hard is where the fun is cool.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 13:10)

Please post in that authors topic, If you have opinions or/and feedback, we at SOL have nothing to do with it, but it is something similar to the idea of SOL, of having several different maps in a game, but they are attempting to implement it in another way.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:10)

Please post in that authors topic, If you have opinions or/and feedback, we at SOL have nothing to do with it, but it is something similar to the idea of SOL, of having several different maps in a game, but they are attempting to implement it in another way.

agreed... but what if we were to combine both ideas?

- sent from my PS3

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by nkjellman, 22 July 2013 - 10:33 PM.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 06:10)

Well, I kinda see where its going.

If it were to be done, it may be a little easier to pull off on Episodes From Liberty City. You just make the game switch episodes, and make the in-game loading screens represent the city your loading. You could have the San Andreas map on one, and have III and VC on the other. You could separate III and VC. It would be three maps. As its a script, you can switch to GTA IV. (Not actual GTA IV, the one that is not available in the menus of EFLC.) If you do them on just the episodes, you can have an east cost, west cost thing.

The issue with multiple EXE's is the transition is gonna be strange.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

I think it scans for a similar checksum hash, although im not too sure

UnseenPrecision
  • UnseenPrecision

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by X-Seti, 10 March 2014 - 01:16 PM.

Deleted spam.

Edited; X-Seti

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Even for the fact we have a ton of work I have no plans to give in just yet.

I want to at least release something again for VC, then SA to rage.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:25)
Even for the fact we have a ton of work I have no plans to give in just yet.

I want to at least release something again for VC, then SA to rage.

well I guess im in this for the long haul... dont expect me to leave til SOL is finished icon14.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

I am going to host another online chat on irc.gtanet.com soon in #gta-sol, I have not picked out a time /date.

The subject is about the project GTAVC/SA SOL Trilogy and GTAVC/SA SOL Fusion.and where it's heading, what you would like to see and ask me.

I would like your thoughts and ideas. I have covered both topics here on these hosted sections, Please look them up.

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone had a 65.5 map?

• X-Seti likes this

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

There was never a public release for 65.5. Look above for release history;

http://gtaforums.com...download-links/

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

There was never a public release for 65.5. Look above for release history;

http://gtaforums.com...download-links/

then what's this? 

https://docs.google....3M0c1hwOWs/edit

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

thats 69.5

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by mnmn1234, A week ago.

thats 69.5

thats what i asked if someone had a map of!

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

ok is this the map in 65.5? 

GTASOL(state_of_liberty)map.jpg

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

You mean 69.5 don't you, yes it is.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I like that map...

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by mnmn1234, A week ago.

You mean 69.5 don't you, yes it is.

looking at the map now, it does not have the island right to vice city, anyone have a map that does?

also what is that island beneath midtown? 

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

I released the last version as a test, I did say that there are islands missing from this version as I am working on VC only right now.

I have added SA back, I will release this soon when I fix up midway.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

i mean do you have a map for version 65.5 of SoL

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

No, not anymore.

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

i am wondering, what is that island right next to vice city called?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users