Open Topic chat - IRC #gta-sol.

1,000 replies to this topic
JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

Nice work, great to see this mod still working. Can't try the mod has I don't have got VC installed but I'm impressed by all the hardcore work put on this smile.gif

Threepwood
  • Threepwood

Calm like a bomb.

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Feb 11 2009, 10:30)

12. SA support files added, Mod will work on SA version 1.0, Not all objects show up in game.

Heyho,

D/L worked now.
For the quote: any hint for a HOW TO or else, since the readme covers only the VC install?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:25 AM

It looks great! But when are you going to work on traffic paths and peds? I'd like San Andreas and Liberty to come to life. Like i said in the previous topic, it's kinda boring just roaming about doing nothing.

And please don't respond badly to this because I might not be a great coder and mapper as X-Seti but I can express myself and point out whatever I want. And if you don't like it, deal with it.

Another thing: It's not like I'm telling him to do it right now I'm just asking, plus how long will it take? Probably a year to get everything done right? withuogh bugs and stuff(of couse there are always somebugs left so thats alright)

Hope you wont flame omfg biggrin.gif

place4ever
  • place4ever

state of freedom

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:19 AM Edited by place4ever, 13 February 2009 - 10:37 AM.

GTASOLbeta51.0 (Stable) Released
GTASOL (SA) Beta 51.0 (BlueBird) coming soon.

The final release date for this mod has been set back because of some issues getting everything together; I will keep all of you informed as to when that will be.

A) Still awaiting missions to be added and coded into the SCM, (Trying to find a SCM coder?)

B) Paths and water bounds to be fixed soon, others will be continuing on with this step as I'll be taking a short break and soon be starting '50-SOL'.

C) Problems in March 2009, this will effect the gtasol forum and file hosting.

Major changes to the game files:

1. A new ID layout for all the IDE and IPL files where all the objects now range from 600- 15800. As well as fixing two major issues; the bugs around the map that created the random crashing and the vehicle damage bug.

2. All models have been either recreated or reconverted without the alpha corruption that you got from using KAMs scripts.

3. Replay system has been fixed, as well as the vehicle collision bug.. (needed models got deleted from the gta3 img file, and have been put back)

4. New 2dfx arrey setup, Lighting objects can be stand alone and not linked to any other objects, also with the ability to tag light object using IPL entires.

5. 120 SA Vehicles now added, VC vehicles are now set as default and added back into the mod.

6. Optimized maps that will path the way to this mod running on SA, also the SA map has been raised from sea level, no more dawning.

7. GTA3.img file has been rebuilt and loaded back in (GTA_VC.Dat) IDE entry order. (Radar.txd, Peds, Game Parts, Vehicles, Models, Ifp and light dffs, SA Vehicles)

8. Respawn cords have been fixed, no more fulling in random places.

9. Updates now possible, just changing the files in the data folder.

10. All dev updates added, Some changes to the maps also.

11. Most files in the img are now RW3.4, this is work in progress towards the SA version.

12. SA support files added, Mod will work on SA version 1.0, Not all objects show up in game.

Download link forGTASOL51.0(Crossover_Repack).rar Updated version (Feb 10, 2009)

Game exe for version 51.0, Please do not upload this file onto any other site!.
Download for the Game GTA-SOL.exe

Moddb, and filefront first, looking for mirrors

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

hmm very good, but just on GTA SAN ANDREAS engine, and with paths of traffic and peds....and with radars and map, and with more pixels...... icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

New version of cool mod cool.gif LC, VC, SA on one map - "Impossible Is Nothing" - Adidas?.... no, X-Seti tounge.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

@MinnieMan121249: I think the 'bad' responses that have come from that question is just the fact its asked constantly, but I for one will agree on the fact it does make it very 'lonely'. Always makes me think the map should be filled with zombies at least, its State of Liberty - Post Apocalypse. I know X-Seti has trained his main focus on map & exe work, and not having been part of the project since 2007 I'm not sure how many people are actively working on this. Hopefully progress can be made soon for Peds & Traffic in at least the VC version. Think at the moment efforts are being put into the SA version.

@place4ever: Its not on San Andreas because the project started originally on the Vice engine, and was just Liberty, Vice and X-Seti's Mainland Liberty. X-Seti obtained written permission for the mod from R*, but when San-An came out, at least at the time he couldn't get R* to reponse to his requests, namely because the whole 'Hot-Coffee' bullplop was going on. I've been out of the modding scene for awhile so I'm unsure what changes have occured.

Keep in the mind the title 'Beta' means its not complete work, obviously at some point the paths will be done, radar, maps, crap takes time, especially if there's not a whole lot of hands in the pot.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:39 AM

Are there any peds or traffic?

Terrific job, pal icon14.gif

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:42 AM

@DeathSquad Thanks for understand wink.gif cookie.gif

ONTOPIC: I also had a problem going to LC and SA since the tunnels youre supposed to go to are underwater, that kinda makes the car drown and not keep driving, is that bug still there? Cuz otherwise its still kinda "SOL but you cant go to LC and SA, HAHA!" lol

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:52 AM Edited by DeathSquad, 14 February 2009 - 11:28 AM.

Use the 'Heavy Vehicle' cheat to get into the tunnels, think there's a type-in cheat for it, and its usually on any trainer program. Water data hasn't been worked on yet. There are also bridges connecting everything together.

I can't find a more recent map of SOL, the one I've posted below shows the connections between MML, LC and VC. If I'm not mistaken San An has shifted northwards and is more centered with the other cities. Any connection to SA will be from the west side of MML. I'll see if I can't generate my own map sometime today.

@Illousion: No, not yet, its on the To-Do board.

EDIT: I take that back, SA is where it is in this map, so this is pretty much on target.

user posted image

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:52 PM Edited by X-Seti, 14 February 2009 - 01:39 PM.

Lets sum this up..

Ive been working on this idea since November 2004, just wanting to see if this project would be possible before I put any long term commitment by testing many concepts and ideas, Getting permission took 2 months before I decided to do this for real.

I do have other threads on here, and one 132 page thread http://www.gtaforums...opic=200363&hl= and dev thread 2; http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=296666 that shows the true history of the project (which got locked) as well as many others who seemed to criticize endlessly, or just disapprove over what ever shape of form things seem to go.

Edit; added http://www.gtaforums...opic=225453&hl=

There has been 5 different versions of this project in total, each more or less starting from scratch, leading up to what we see today with a better map that can be used for both VC and SA.

What Ive observed here mainly on GTAForums is the lack of commitment towards this project;

Those wanting to join the team and not stay around that long.
Those with tons of ideas, but not the skills to bring them to the table.
Those who came on to the project only to steal idea for their own project.

Edit' added http://www.gtaforums...opic=238460&hl=

There was a lot of copycat projects for a time since 2006 that was started by those also wanted to do the same thing, but in the end those project didnt make it.

At one point in time there was 4 projects all doing the same thing, and I almost gave up because I did not sign up to be in a rat race with those trying to beat me to the finish line (Credit take), trying to get this done against other modders seemed pointless as noone would work together.

I have always said that if those who all wanted the same dream of having SA, VC and LC, should have all worked together, and if this happen then something like SOL would have been done by now.

As it has been hard to find people who would be able to assisted in the mod progress that has suffered as a result, and as I have been the only active people working on the mod since day 1, I can only do so much with the free time or lack of time i had.

There has never been a team for at least 2 years.

Edit Swapping computers.

I do not have a scm coder anymore, or anyone else to help push things forward. my main tasks right now is mapping and coding and when I get around to it, peds and other stuff will come..

I am not sure now weather it is worth it to continue, because of GTAIV and GTA Five-Vice coming soon.

I do want to port this to SA, or GTAIV when the time is right, but there is so much still to be worked on with the VC version.

1. More models to be done in MLL to bring this city upto scratch.
2. Update LC, bring this more in line with GTAIV, Im thinking maybe I can add parts from LCS to portland and other areas.
3. Same for VC, with alittle VCS mixed in, but still keeping the original buildings.
4. Rader hack work around.
5. Watertables need fixing, (Source code is released in this version)
6. Paths
7. Missions made from the story board i've had created by a friend.

smile.gif

This is where I need the help.

cj360
  • cj360

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

Cool I think this mod will be awesome when finished Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif
I can help do paths if you want.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (cj360 @ Feb 14 2009, 16:21)
Cool I think this mod will be awesome when finished Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif
I can help do paths if you want.

Sure, grab a copy and get stuck in...

May need to spread them out, we still have a path limit (more) then what It was.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

I have always said that if those who all wanted the same dream of having SA, VC and LC, should have all worked together, and if this happen then something like SOL would have been done by now.

Agree'd, and it happens in so many places. People want it to be 'their' project, or at least in charge of it, so instead of one uniformed team that could produce something that might blow the minds of players, you get countless half finished projects..

As for the interest in the project and in general the 2nd Generation of GTA, its kind of hard to judge how time will treat it, because I mean the change from the 1st Generation 'Top-Down' GTAs from the PC/PSX era to the 2nd Generation was a major jump for both graphics and gameplay, but having not played IV yet I can't say what type of jump it is. I mean obviously graphically its superior, but I get the feeling its just going to be the 'same old' once the game story has been played. I just know its going to be at least 2 years before I buy another computer, so I won't be playing it until then, thus 2nd Generation is where I'll be at when I want to get my GTA on.

I know I'm guilty of disappearing from working on this project, bad timing I guess, its not even like I went and did anything else in the world of GTA, still catching up on things around here. In the end I would at least like to finish the other side of the big tube tunnel to VC, but even then that doesn't aid to the main cause of SoL.

cj360
  • cj360

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

How would one lower the water level? Cuz if the cars go into the tunnel from VC to LC they pile up on the water lol

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

Use heavy car cheat, but if you're actually making paths, I'd say start with the main streets of Liberty City and Mainland since this is where most people start. Leave the tunnels vacant until the waterzone data can be worked on. Though its fun to watch people drown...don't know, I love how the cops in SA just drive into the water, swim there amoungst the bodies.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

I never got SOL to work sad.gif it kept giving me an error, I'll post it tonight to see if you can help me

cj360
  • cj360

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:52 AM

I was getting an error too but I was launching it through the trainer. Mine dosn't work with the trainer but has no probs without it.
It might be the exe though

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

Umm, Might be when you unpack the mod, winrar doesnt always unpack the 7zip file currectly..

1. install VC.
2. Remove read only from the VC files.
3. unpack the mod with winrar.
4. unpack the 7z file with 7zip.
5. copy and replace all.

should work.

Grove Street Boy
  • Grove Street Boy

Maggot for life!

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

meaning this works with the SA engine already or still the VC engine only? Sorry for such a noob question.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Grove Street Boy @ Mar 1 2009, 18:13)

meaning this works with the SA engine already or still the VC engine only? Sorry for such a noob question.

Mod does work on SA, but a lot of work is needed to make the install progress simple and ummm how do I say it, - Less painful game loading time.

The main site is down from today, I am moving home and the server aswell. so please post here until things return to normal.

Grove Street Boy
  • Grove Street Boy

Maggot for life!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Mar 4 2009, 22:11)
QUOTE (Grove Street Boy @ Mar 1 2009, 18:13)

Mod does work on SA, but a lot of work is needed to make the install progress simple and ummm how do I say it, - Less painful game loading time.

The main site is down from today, I am moving home and the server aswell. so please post here until things return to normal.

oh ok, thanks X-Seti, but i downloaded the crossover_repack, does this one work with SA too? or only VC? or where do i download the SA version?

X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

The GTA-SOL exe is Down, can somebody upload it?

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:16 PM Edited by DeathSquad, 06 March 2009 - 06:20 PM.

GTA: SOL Exe Pack

Here's a mirror off of my network.

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

It were be cooler if you made the LC from IV.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

VodaPhone net sucks...

I cant use GTAIV because of legal issues.

I can make something very much like it.

mrfreeman
  • mrfreeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

sorry to bother but this mods are comprensive of all the gta3 san andreas and vice city maps ?

Thanks biggrin.gif

yuhui2008
  • yuhui2008

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:19 AM

I would like to ask the author, the current 51.0 version of the map area are finally map? If not there are plans to add at one of those maps!

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:54 PM Edited by d0mm2k8, 12 March 2009 - 11:58 PM.

I like to see that this mod is still going smile.gif I havent been able to go on it or even the forums (before they got took down for a temporary time) for the past several months cuz of computer issues confused.gif But im glad you havent given up. This mod is awesome and no matter how badly it gets critisized or how hard it gets you musn't give up colgate.gif Im trying my best to learn how to code and maybe in the near future ill be able to help but at the moment - my modding sucks worse than a disney movie (no offence intended). Dont give up coz u are an amazing modder and have created something truly entertaining - even at this stage of the mod! This is the best thing that happened to GTA since it was made smile.gif Thanks for it icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif
P.S. If you ever talk to the guy who wrote the cool story line (chris wizard i think) tell him that it was Jimmy Pegorino who was the head of that Alderney mob who Niko helps not Jimmy Pavanno like he stated in his characters post smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:10 PM Edited by nkjellman, 16 March 2009 - 09:19 PM.

Hey Ive got an idea for this mod. I think that you should add a c*ntry side north of LC. Upstate Liberty. You should add Liberty State Penitentry. It was brought up in GTA 3 but not on the map so its up state. Also when I get good at makeing cleos and scripting I would like to add the ability of airplane tickets so you can get to each city faster. Simple you go to one of the airports walk into a marker then pick a city then see a vid of an airtrain or at400 fly to the selected city like in SA. This is a greatt mod and your a great modder. Also are you going to add SA inteariors like the Jonson House. One more thing a cuple roads in Vinwood arnt solid. And how do I get this to work on SA? And PM me about AIRPLANE TICKETS.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:07 PM Edited by X-Seti, 23 March 2009 - 09:09 PM.

Good news!

I might get my internet connection back tomorrow?, if so the forum will be back.

Ive had one problem after the next, being made redundant and having to move, and the so called credit crunch with other life issues but things are starting to look on the up.

I should be back on this project within a week.

I do have some ideas for the old LC, and maybe if I can get another modder on this with me, we can start to upgrade the maps a little for SA.

Running on SA, you need the SA data (folder) files, that wasnt released in with the mod, as this would have created a lot of confusion when installing the mod.

smile.gif

back soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users