Dragonball, DBZ, DBGT, DBZ KAI

77 replies to this topic
Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Is it really that bad? Because in a nostalgia frenzy i wanted to watch DBZ all over again, but started with DB because i've never seen it. Plann on watching everything, including GT. But you're saying i shouldn't bother then? I'm already at ep 85 of DB lol.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Maybe I've exaggerated but I really don't see the point in watching it seeing as most fans don't consider it to be canon (and there are a few good reasons for that, the biggest one being that Toriyama didn't write any of it). It's just painful to see the characters act so helpless when you know how strong they are. I think you should watch a few episodes and convince yourself if it's worth watching. Some people actually like it. I prefer the movies they made on the side over GT. The ones with Cooler and Broly were kind of cool.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, i'll start watching it when i get there (will be a long-ass time though) and see what's what. I just wanna find out what happens with all the Buu sh*t, i've never seen any of it... only DBZ. When the Freeza battle was over they basically started all over again here on tv, that's when i said 'f*ck this sh*t, i can't be bothered' and stopped watching. Imagine sitting through the whooole Freeza thing (1ep a day) only to find out they starting DBZ all over again. How lame is that.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, I couldn't remember much of it either probably because they didn't air the whole thing. Prior to watching it properly I remembered most of Dragon Ball, but I couldn't remember much of Z; only some vague memories of the Saiyans and Frieza. I was looking forward to the part with him because he seemed like a badass character.

I'm going to give GT another chance since I need something to kill some time. I guess it's not that bad but so far it was worse than the original series for me.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:15)
Yeah, I couldn't remember much of it either probably because they didn't air the whole thing. Prior to watching it properly I remembered most of Dragon Ball, but I couldn't remember much of Z; only some vague memories of the Saiyans and Frieza. I was looking forward to the part with him because he seemed like a badass character.

I'm going to give GT another chance since I need something to kill some time. I guess it's not that bad but so far it was worse than the original series for me.

Which saga are you on? the only saga worth watching is the baby saga, it was the only good saga in GT imo.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 19:15)

Well, the Freeza saga stuck with me the most, but i can tell you a little something beforehand... the battle is ridiculously long bro lol, anyone can vouch for this. Just see for yourself smile.gif

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:02)
Well, the Freeza saga stuck with me the most, but i can tell you a little something beforehand... the battle is ridiculously long bro lol, anyone can vouch for this. Just see for yourself smile.gif

I have already watched Dragon Ball Z and that Saga is the best in my opinion and very enjoyable despite its length.

I just got to this episode and...OH MY GOD, this is horrible:

That part probably sums up GT quite well. It's a mockery, but I'll keep watching because I'm a big fan.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

wuuutdafuq did i just see man... that's not a good sign...

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

I think it's beautiful that you are 256 colors too.

• Zaibatsu
  • Somalia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Skip to 16:00

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

^ It's funny when people quote the abridged version on the regular videos of the show. Like on that video I posted, someone quoted Bardock from that scene you pointed at in the video you posted.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Occasionally I'll watch a huge battle, something like Goku vs Majin Vegeta, with Japanese audio with English subs. The background music just seems alot more suited to the battles. The sooped up english music is just too much sometimes.
As for GT. yeah we were all abit dissapointed with that. The Baby Saga had promise, but once that planet appears I kinda yawned and lost interest.

Baby Vegeta

archfiend
  • archfiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

I grew up watching DBZ and I have to say the show and specifically Goku taught me a lot about how to live your life, it was never preachy, there were no corney Disney life lessons or anything of that nature. It was simply never give in, great things come to those who follow their own path with conviction.

There is a specific scene where Goku is fighting frieza, the fight is almost at its conclusion and frieza is so infuriated he is being beaten by an ape, a mindless animal in his own words. Goku replies, I paraphrase, ' why do you call saiyans by such horrible names? All it does is reveal your own fear and ignorance'. Frieza's eyes then wander at the floor.
I mean wow! What a show. It epitomises what kids shows should be.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Many years see it dozingoff.gif , but all was amazing series like YugiOh, Pokémon, Digimon, Thundercats, etc.... icon14.gif

Videl is my favorite character and when fight with Spopovich was nice probably my favorite episode. blush.gif

user posted image

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

My favorite character was Trunks, hands down. Trunks and Pikkon were the sh*t!

I'm waiting for the Battle of Gods movie to be done in English. I can't wait to watch it. I haven't seen DBZ in a long time... Once Naruto started airing, I was all over that sh*t.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

New Abridged episode:

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Can someone tell me what episode does the Buu saga start? The network that was airing it stopped after the Cell one, I wanted to continue it.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (bluetops @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 08:05)
Can someone tell me what episode does the Buu saga start? The network that was airing it stopped after the Cell one, I wanted to continue it.

"Warriors of the Dead" is the first post-Cell saga episode. It's part of the "Otherworld" saga, but it's not worth sitting through. Just skip ahead a few dozen episodes and start with the World Tournament saga. The best season of the Buu arch is by far the Fusion saga. Super Buu is one of my favorite villains and he has a kickass theme song.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I started watching Kai recently and I have to say it is better than I expected. Overall I don't like the new visuals better and the voice actors (for the English dub) that were changed aren't as good in my opinion as in the original. It's a different experience and that's cool though I still think Dragon Ball Z is superior.

Also, a new abridged episode was just released:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users