Dragonball, DBZ, DBGT, DBZ KAI

77 replies to this topic
TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

I figured i would create this topic since i'm a huge DBZ fan, and i would hope there are more fans on here. Discuss the show, and what your favorite episodes are. anything DB related.

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

I love Dragon Ball Z man how much i been watching it with my sister I just love it goku will and always be my favorite hero Dragon ball rocks

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Dragonball Z is my all time favourite show!. I regularly watch the old episodes online.
Im so glad i stumbled upon it when it was on cartoon network. I was about 12-13 years old at the time and i still cherish the memories. No cartoon i'd ever seen before had that much intensity, the adult themes set it apart from other shows. For me it has been wrongy labelled a 'kids show'. Nothing could be farther from the truth!.

The freiza saga and the cell saga were just electric.
To be vague, the voice acting was tremendous, the fight scenes were at times ludicrous, but completely enthraling to watch.
Goku the calm, spiritually aware character epitomised the show.
It was not just about the fighting. it was a philosophical show in my eyes that few writers dare to make.

If you haven't seen it i would suggest for you to watch it!

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

I love these shows (yes even GT)
I have one major issue with DBKai though. Why couldn't they just redraw every scene. It's ridiculous that you have to pay MORE for a cut down version of the actual show, with the same grainy quality and a terrible dub/clip job on certain characters voices.

Allevinz
  • Allevinz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Good show all the time and have nice biography is here in this show. I love the new air episodes for it and they are always most awaited to me. MIne all friends are addicted to this passionate show.

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

I want one day. This anime will return with new episodes characters i miss goku and vegeta and others

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

DBZ was easily my favorite childhood show and even 10 years later at 22 I own the uncut box set and watch the entire show probably every other year. While everyone's favorite character is Goku my personal favorite is Gohan and at a very close 2nd is Vegeta. My favorite saga as a whole is the Cell Saga with the way Gohan ended it in pure epicness. My favorite fight scene is Goku Vs Frieza. As a kid I remember watching it for the first time, Super Saiyan Goku against the Final Transformation of Frieza it was a classic.

Its without a doubt the best anime I've ever watched and I think the best cartoon ever created.

luongo01
  • luongo01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Anyone interested in the new Dragon Ball Z Movie coming out in March 2013. Been a long long time since we had a full DBZ movie. This one seem's like its canon. Looking forward to seeing all the Z fighters again.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

The movie sounds awesome, I'll buy it for sure when it comes out.

I'm a huge Dragon Ball Z fan, I remember watching every new episode every Saturday on Toonami. Those were the good days, Toonami use to be really awesome. I loved Naruto and One Piece, and just about every show that came on there.

Dragon Ball GT wasn't that good though, almost had to force myself to watch it, the last episodes were pretty good though.

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I remember back in the day still being in highschool streaming DBZ vids years before they hit American television. Hell because of the show I actually used to believe that by screaming real loud and flexing every muscle in your body that you would increase your fighting prowess, boy was I wrong.

DBGT was simply sh*t.

Kai is horrible. I literally was enraged when the first episode I happened upon was the episode during the Frieza Saga where Frieza tosses Krillin up in the air and blows his bald ass to hell. Well in Kai they edit out pretty much anything that could have led one to believe Krillin was in fact dead. That coupled with the fact that they've edited every episode so what was once blood is now saliva.

All in all the series definitely had a impact on my life. I still swear that someday I'll get a tattoo of Vegeta on my forearm despite how gay my wife says the concept is.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

I used to watch Dragonball and DBZ as a kid, but I don't remember much about it. I have recently started watching Dragonball and I'm planning on watching all the series. I love this show so far.

Best fight I've seen so far:

This Tao guy was quite intimidating and that Dodon ray was unexpected; it sent shivers down my spine when that happened. Epic show.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

It's my favorite show, but it gets a lot of hate for being a "Gateway" anime.

Dragon Ball was fantastic. Great stories, a good sense of humor and awesome fights.

Dragon Ball Z was better and worse in some areas. The fights were a lot more interesting, but they dragged on for far too long. Most of the time they would just taunt and talk to each other. It wasn't as funny as Dragon Ball either. It's still my favorite of the trilogy though.

Dragon Ball GT wasn't "bad" in my eyes. The only disgusting part of it was the Black Star Ball saga. Baby saga was good because it toyed with Goku and Pan by making their friends and family their enemies. The Super Saiyan 4 design is superb. The one really unforgivable thing about GT was how it threw anyone who wasn't Goku to the wayside. Majuub is my favorite character and I think he should have been the one to defeat Baby.

Favorite Song (and Villain)

All-time favorite Moment - The entrance Goku makes is truly badass.

And my favorite character is...

user posted image

Bullit1990
  • Bullit1990

A bit paranoid.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

In this new movie, Goku apparently reaches a level above ss3, called super saiyan god.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

I f*cking love the Dragonball series, with DBZ being my absolute favorite. I know a of people hate GT, but I actually enjoyed it. My only gripes were that the SS4 form was under-powered and and always got thrown around, and that Gohan was pathetic in the GT saga. Ultimate Gohan/SS2 Gohan was f*cking badass and amazing. I remember how excited I was to see Vegeta go SSJ against the Androids, and even more so when Goku first goes SSJ3. I will be watching the new film.

I have had DBZ Raging Blast 2 for about 2 years and its still fun to play.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

I liked it. But the the series' pacing gets just horrible part way through DBZ. It was fun as a kid, I recorded every episode of Dragonball and DBZ onto VHS, and still have a ton of them in a box somewhere.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

I have every single movie right now on Blu Ray which I just recently got to start a marathon before the new movie on the end of the month.

I have been a fan of the series since I was about 3 years old and still watch it till this day.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Just watched this episode:

I don't remember much of what happens next. The action escalated rather nicely with each episode so far.

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Now, shall we begin?

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Toke @ Wednesday, Nov 28 2012, 04:21)
Hell because of the show I actually used to believe that by screaming real loud and flexing every muscle in your body that you would increase your fighting prowess, boy was I wrong.

Haha, many a day I spent doing that. lol.gif

What's this about the new movie? I haven't heard anything about it, what's it called?

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 10:41)
QUOTE (Toke @ Wednesday, Nov 28 2012, 04:21)
Hell because of the show I actually used to believe that by screaming real loud and flexing every muscle in your body that you would increase your fighting prowess, boy was I wrong.

Haha, many a day I spent doing that. lol.gif

What's this about the new movie? I haven't heard anything about it, what's it called?

Battle of Gods. Something to do with a God (named Bils) who was warned that a "Super Saiyan God" would appear in 30-some years. When he woke up, he found out that Goku was the Super Saiyan God because he defeated Frieza and Buu. So he finds Goku and fights him, but even as a SSJ3, he loses.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

The new movie is looking really great from what I've seen so far, I really hope they come out with an English Dub soon after it's release. I just can't watch DBZ in Japanese with subtitles, having to read the whole time takes away from the action and intensity imo, plus I just can't stand to hear Japanese voices for that long, they all sound like little kids tbh.

Here's some screenshots, I really like Krillin's new hair style.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

^^See, I don't know why they didn't completely re-do DBZ Kai with THAT quality of animation. This proves it can be done, but no, they're cheapskates.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm almost done with the first series. It's kind of disappointing that Goku didn't kill Piccolo, he's going to have to do it eventually. At least I think so.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by Chaise, 11 March 2013 - 12:00 AM.

The more I look up about this new movie, the more excited I get, it is really looking and sounding awesome.

This trailer is really good to

The animation is really impressive to.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

^ That looks great!! Any news whether it will be dubbed? I guess it has to be.
lol, kamehameha just sounds cooler in original voicing smile.gif

It just so happens that me and a few colleagues were reminiscing over DBZ recently, and a couple of us got inspired to watch it all again.
I actually only saw DBZ as a kid, as this was all they showed in Holland. So i decided to start off with Dragon Ball, and i like it a lot!
I'm around episode 30 now, after the Great Matrial Arts Tournament finale, with Goku against Master Roshi, disguised.
The humour is great, and it's cool to see how things got started. Can't wait to get to DBZ.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

If that movie is aired in a cinema nearby my location I'll have to see it. The original Japanese voices sound kind of funny compared to the English dubs I'm used to.

I have started watching Z yesterday, and I got to this part:

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

The more I read about the new movie I wonder what the other villain does.. he looks like the toughest one IMO yet in the trailers I only see Bills having some fun.

17 more days hoping I can find it in English asap or else I'll have to watch it in Japanese right away

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

The problem about the movie is that it will be released months after it releases on the cinemas in Japan. sad.gif

LanceVanceDance07
  • LanceVanceDance07

Endless...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Haven't watched an episode of DB/DBZ/DBGT in years. I vividly remember watching that show every weekday when I was much younger.

Anyways, have any of you guys watched the DBZ Abriged parodies? Hilarious as f*ck, go check it out if you haven't done so.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (LanceVanceDance07 @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 22:59)
Haven't watched an episode of DB/DBZ/DBGT in years. I vividly remember watching that show every weekday when I was much younger.

Anyways, have any of you guys watched the DBZ Abriged parodies? Hilarious as f*ck, go check it out if you haven't done so.

Haha I have, bought one of their hoodies with Piccolo mixed with Yoshi

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

Kai has been a disappointment. I wish they could've just gotten the rerelease of the originals.

But I actually came in here to mention the already mentioned TeamFourStar produced parody.

Seeing that I missed the boat on that here's the link to the show.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users