Photo

How's the multiplayer population?

8 replies to this topic
GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Okay,I have been playing an unlegit GTA IV + Episodes from liberty city,but I am thinking about buying one of these two to play multiplayer.In the PC,which one of those has more population,and is the population big,or like 5 people online per day?

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Bumping this,because I need to know if I order it or not. confused.gif

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:09 PM Edited by SARDYNA108, 07 February 2012 - 10:12 PM.

TBoGT

You can always find a lot of Free Modes, some of them have more than 20 players, you can also usualy find a Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch with 5-15 players, sometimes you can find Race or GTA Race but not too often, occasionaly you can find a Ranked match

TLaD

This game online is dead often you can find only 1 or 2 Free Modes with 1-5 players, sometimes you can find another game modes with 2-10 players, its pretty impossible to find random game in Ranked, you can play there only if you know right people that you can play with

IV

In Player match you can always find about 50 servers including about 25 Free Modes, full servers of Races Team Mafiya Works and Team Deathmatches, you can also usualy find many Dathmatches, GTA Races Cops 'n Crooks and Turf War but in those there arent usualy more than 15 players. In Ranked match you can almost always find some Hangmans NOOSE, Bomb da Base II and Deal Breaker servers but those were affected by cheaters some time ago and now there arent many good players there, you can also usualy find Deathmatch and Race with 2-10 players or other game modes which arent played too often

But since this game wasnt patched for a long time get ready to meet many ruining fun cheaters. Also you should know that there are most players at evenings european time

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

It's been my experience there are always people willing to play in the free modes in all three games, but who plays depends greatly on where you are in the world. For example, I'm in the U.K. and regularly see people from Sweden, France, Germany, Spain and even as far afield as South Korea. From time to time I encounter Canadians, some Americans, but they are mainly on late at night U.K. time, which is obviously earlier in the day for them. If you start a game and leave it open to all to join, sooner or later somebody will come in and maybe stay. This evening for example, I was in a game with two people when another six joined, of which two dropped out and one more nipped off, had some lunch and came back, so these people do exist.

Just remember, one griefer can totally ruin a busy game. I had two such jokers in world this evening, one kept ramming me with vehicles and thought it humorous, another was a pretty good pilot but he was a real c*** and kept blowing away other players who had only come in to race and to do stunts and told him so. He could have left to find a kill-zone, but preferred to stay and abuse the existing players who were just attempting to do their own thang.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

^

interesting to see that it's the same on pc as on ps3.

in GTA IV you find lots of players, any mode.
most people are in

- FREEMODE
- DEATHMATCH
- GTA RACE

you also find people ranking up in HANGMAN'S NOOSE,
occasionally you find people doing RACEs and TEAM DEATHMATCHES/COPS & CROOKS.

in THE LOST AND DAMNED
I had about 2 or 3 races in 2 years.

Lately I had some people in Club Business but that's it.
Ranked matches won't happen.

Sometimes you got about 10 people in FREEMODE but that's it.

THE BALLAD OF GAY TONY
ranked matches are empty, too.
You sometimes can do a deathmatch with up to 4 people.

FREEMODE is usually FULL. Lots of rooms.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hmm,GTA IV seems like the best option since EFLC kinda lags for me,and I bet it has some annoying bugs like SA had.Also I do like GTA Races,Cops 'n' Crooks and Deathmatches.I wouldn't mind if I had more answers though,'cause i'ma hit the shop this weekend.

Waffleperson337
  • Waffleperson337

The Waffle, The Person

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

Well, my friend, Let's talk about what not to get, and that's TLAD. Now, if my memory serves me, PC players can only get IV or EFLC, and maybe I'm wrong, but you will probably get tired of ranked matches sooner or later, (Unless you are IN LOVE with with them, and don't kid yourself if your iffy about it) So it comes down to Free mode.

IV Is great, you will always have people to play with, some are cool, some are d***s, but you will like it, as all GTA games are amazing! You will see that there are less modders than in TBOGT, and that the game allows you to do just about anything that you will be able to do in sandbox mode of single player, minus hiring hookers and buying hotdogs. Don't worry; however, you will still be able to kill hookers! *Phew*

You will have a lot more vehicles in TBOGT (+20 and all the IV multiplayer cars), plus 9 weapons (Counting parachutes), such as a explosive shotgun rifle, a LMG, a golden Uzi, Sticky boms, and much more), a blackhawk heli, parachutes (Even better than SA), Base jumps, and the new pumping music (Club, House, Caribbean, 80's, and much more). People in free mode are a lot more creative, but at times, creative means everyone killing each other, which is a problem in both, but seems to happen more in TBoGt. There are more interiors to enter, and TBogT feels a lot more free than the multiplayer in GTA IV, but you will have to deal with buzzard (Attack heli) Rocket spammers and spawn killing A LOT.

I would suggest going the extra distance and getting EFLC, but if you just can not stand getting spawn killed every 30 minutes or so for a minute, and willing to give up tons of awesome cars and parachutes and weapons and those 11 new upgrades stations for a 20% nicer crowd, by god do it! But if you wanna take the risk of it and quite possibly have a lot more fun (Notice how I say risk, as some people just puked on TBOGT), I would say go get EFLC, as it is amazing, and if you only play with friends, Hands down just get it!

lowracin
  • lowracin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

TBoGT free mode with FF off = the most fun I've ever had in multiplayer. Sticky bombs are a blast and the players get all sorts of creative with their kills. FF off is great for buzzard control cause their rockets won't kill you right away, so you can lob a sticky or rpg in their direction.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Got GTA IV,it seems to have more population,and the average FPS is higher than the EFLC(rockstar...).

If someone has it for the computer,I wouldn't mind playing with ya.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users