Photo

GTA III ORIGINAL BETA particles

139 replies to this topic
Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:30 PM Edited by Filip454, 11 November 2012 - 11:49 AM.

As I promised, I'm posting everything what I told you about. I apologize very much - I was busy at school (saying again), so don't blame me and don't tell everyone I'm a liar.
Ok let's start.

Here is video about original particles and water levels:

DOWNLOAD

Original sound bank from beta (yes, BETA sounds! - some of them are noticable in game - shot at the crowd and listen smile.gif ):
http://swiatgta.como...P454release.rar

Original beta Data files here (particles etc. + handling from 1999):
http://swiatgta.tk/d...swiatgta.tk.rar

More files coming soon... (don't expect original models and stuff like that - I have only plenty of files from beta, but this makes playing this game greater exp. as you can see)
As you can see - beta = a lot nicer looking particles (expecially when you throw your car into water - a lot more realistic).
Greetings - Filip454

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:38 PM Edited by sibs44, 07 February 2012 - 09:00 PM.

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 12:30)
As I promised, I'm posting everything what I told you about. I apologize very much - I was busy at school (saying again), so don't blame me and don't tell everyone I'm a liar.
Ok let's start.

Here is video about original particles and water levels:

DOWNLOAD

Original sound bank from beta (yes, BETA sounds! - some of them are noticable in game - shot at the crowd and listen smile.gif   ):
http://dl.dropbox.co...P454release.rar

Original beta Data files here (particles etc. + handling from 1999):
http://filip454.c0.p...ip454.c0.pl.rar

More files coming soon... (don't expect original models and stuff like that - I have only plenty of files from beta, but this makes playing this game greater exp. as you can see)
As you can see - beta = a lot nicer looking particles (expecially when you throw your car into water - a lot more realistic).
Greetings - Filip454

Well, I feel like a jerk. Thanks for this. But what about timcyc. tounge.gif

EDIT: Game crashes when throwing molotov cocktail

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Heyhey, this is what we've been waiting for! Good job!

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Sibs as you can see, some things are buggy, but my game runs just as stable as the original.

Timecycle will be posted here (anyway I noticed that there are major differences, but they are simple - colors are much darker and more saturated. This looks like a file from 2000, but it isnt' from that year. Anyway, rainy and foggy days don't really differ - only clear weather has more colorful environment an midnight has another colors. But seriously, give me some time - I'm in this era in life that is really difficult and I must do "small big work" to survive. So for this moment, I can't make any statement about real upload date. Sorry. But this is our shared aim - make community happy. Stay tuned people confused.gif

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 17:10)
Sibs as you can see, some things are buggy, but my game runs just as stable as the original.

Timecycle will be posted here (anyway I noticed that there are major differences, but they are simple - colors are much darker and more saturated. This looks like a file from 2000, but it isnt' from that year. Anyway, rainy and foggy days don't really differ - only clear weather has more colorful environment an midnight has another colors. But seriously, give me some time - I'm in this era in life that is really difficult and I must do "small big work" to survive. So for this moment, I can't make any statement about real upload date. Sorry. But this is our shared aim - make community happy. Stay tuned people confused.gif

Yeah, I tried both steam and retail. Who knows, maybe if I can mod my PS2 ISO (MY OWN DISC) of this it can work better.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Cool done! Sorry Filip for my words in your address, i take them back.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:33 AM Edited by buzbegone, 08 February 2012 - 01:40 AM.

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Wednesday, Feb 8 2012, 04:38)
Well, I feel like a jerk. Thanks for this. But what about timcyc.  tounge.gif

Me too, me too...
I am officially impressed with this.

The water splatters (Pushing cars into the river) look much more realistic in the beta but the particles look a little blocky. The beta water puddles look great as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the water levels look pretty much the same. If not, the beta is maybe a bit lower.

Filip, where did you say you found these files? On the original PS2 disk?

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:08 AM Edited by Filip454, 08 February 2012 - 09:13 AM.

Nope, german source.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Is that the tune from the original trailer? If so, can you tell me the name of it?

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:05 PM Edited by dro0001, 08 February 2012 - 02:20 PM.

Sorry for calling you a liar sad.gif

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

well, great job!

Niall
  • Niall

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:37 PM Edited by Niall, 08 February 2012 - 11:00 PM.

Great work Filip454, and thank you for the files. Good luck with all your efforts.

QUOTE (_____ @ Wednesday, Feb 8 2012, 03:57)
Is that the tune from the original trailer? If so, can you tell me the name of it?

It's Derrick May - Kaotic Harmony (credit Filip454 for the find)

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Anyway, guys, timecyc is on it's way.

BTW can you help me finding song from E3 trailer? It is so hard to find this. I even tried soundhound etc., but it's to hard to recognize this by software - too much police sirens etc.
It could be Derrick May, too.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Thursday, Feb 9 2012, 20:40)
Anyway, guys, timecyc is on it's way.

BTW can you help me finding song from E3 trailer? It is so hard to find this. I even tried soundhound etc., but it's to hard to recognize this by software - too much police sirens etc.
It could be Derrick May, too.

I was about to ask for the timecycle.
Maybe send a question into Rockstar about the song? I'm sure they'd be glad to tell you.

Any other files that you'll be sharing with us or is the beta sounds, timecycle and handling all that you've dug up?

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Wednesday, Feb 8 2012, 17:08)
Nope, german source.

You got it off a german disk then? You're not being all that clear.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think Filip said it was a german test disk. Like probably a demo that was shown in stores or something. Anyways, why is it so hard to upload a timecyc.. i dont mean to be pushy but IIRC timecyc don't need to be specially programmed to work with any GTA.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:48 PM Edited by Filip454, 11 February 2012 - 09:06 PM.

"I think Filip said it was a german test disk. Like probably a demo that was shown in stores or something. Anyways, why is it so hard to upload a timecyc.. i dont mean to be pushy but IIRC timecyc don't need to be specially programmed to work with any GTA."

To be specific, I don't have this disk wink.gif I must write messages to my source to get these files.
Question about the song used in trailer was sent - nobody responded.

Niall
  • Niall

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 12:48)
...Question about the song used in trailer was sent - nobody responded.

I tried, really, but nothin. I even tried to remix and edit out some of the sound effects but still couldn't find anything. I'm on the west coast of the US so searching from europe might yield better results but I haven't a clue. I would say email someone.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 04:48)
"I think Filip said it was a german test disk. Like probably a demo that was shown in stores or something. Anyways, why is it so hard to upload a timecyc.. i dont mean to be pushy but IIRC timecyc don't need to be specially programmed to work with any GTA."

To be specific, I don't have this disk wink.gif I must write messages to my source to get these files.

Hold up, you mean there's someone in this world not affiliated with R* that has a beta disc and hasn't shared it with the world?

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Filip454, please reupload original Data files of beta, that link is already dead.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 17:54)
Filip454, please reupload original Data files of beta, that link is already dead.

Both links are still up.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:44 PM Edited by Filip454, 12 February 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Hold up, you mean there's someone in this world not affiliated with R* that has a beta disc and hasn't shared it with the world?

It's not exactly full beta disc with working game. Some files tho.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 23:44)
It's not exactly full beta disc with working game. Some files tho.

1. Who is this 'source' of yours with the disc?
2. Why doesn't he just post an .iso of the disc online? Modders would be able to decipher its contents more easily and could lead to GTAIII beta breakthroughs.
3. How come only you have these files?

Also, tested out the effects but if you could address the questions above rather than my observations, that would be awesome.

You can hear the 'hes got a gun' and 'awmygod' from GTA2 when you shoot around people. Nice nostalgia.
The car/molotov/grenade explosions are a bit over the top and I'm glad R* noted this and edited it.
After using the flamethrower for about 2 seconds, the flame in front of you becomes a rounded square. Pretty strange and again, glad it was changed.

Pretty much all of the above and all those things in Filip's video. Now we wait for the timecycle...

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

This is all stuff that has been made by using normal retail files from older gta's and also modding the III data files. (and those .asi mods for money etc.)
Nothing is actually taken from any "beta disk" or anything. He's just trying to make it sound like it is more than just a fan-mod.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:45 PM Edited by Filip454, 12 February 2012 - 06:42 PM.

Frank.s check these files first, and then talk like a bullsh*tter. It looks the same like E3 trailer, there is no doubt. It's not a mod. Go and check some files.

1. Who is this 'source' of yours with the disc?
2. Why doesn't he just post an .iso of the disc online? Modders would be able to decipher its contents more easily and could lead to GTAIII beta breakthroughs.
3. How come only you have these files?

FIRST SOURCE:
This source is probably worker of some German (by IP) gaming magazine - source right from Youtube. He said he has this. As you can see, it looks pretty nice - particle are really like in this trailer - the same.
It's easy, he doesn't want to give this because I have automaticaly informed him, that it is disk like made from gold (will be very expensive and for collectors), by asking him for files. It was not the smartest, but there was no way to get these files.
Timecycle is up and in several days, he said he will deliver this to me.

JUST PLS PPL DON't SEED BULLsh*t. IT'S OUR LAST CHANCE TO HAVE SOME FILES FROM BETA... - there is no f*cking "BETA DISK" or something - it is just preview disk for magazine with older version of game.

2. There is probably no other disk - R* is not that stupid to give disks to testers to test game to the end of the world.

3. SECOND SOURCE:
Second source is taken from PS2 retail disk - BETA FILES WERE THERE, SAVED AND SAFE - I just copied some of them.
I'm talking about handling, water.dat - it's funny how nobody realised, there are beta files like this.

This is all stuff that has been made by using normal retail files from older gta's and also modding the III data files. (and those .asi mods for money etc.)
Nothing is actually taken from any "beta disk" or anything. He's just trying to make it sound like it is more than just a fan-mod.

Of course. I can't even program this sh*t.

AGAIN. BULLsh*t!
There was no modding of these files. No .asi mods and no files with this type anyway!
I'm not trying nothing. I'm just genuine player and a big fan of this game and I'm trying to do my best.

If you ppl don't want to see anything, just f*ck this and I will say bye to my source. He is to busy for this, anyway.

After using the flamethrower for about 2 seconds, the flame in front of you becomes a rounded square

Really? No such thing in my game confused.gif STEAM?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

It seems that the "youtube source" is bullsh*tting and you're beliveing what he says is true.
Also, what kind of game company would put un-finished files on a damn gold disk.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:03 PM Edited by Filip454, 12 February 2012 - 07:09 PM.

It seems that the "youtube source" is bullsh*tting and you're beliveing what he says is true.
Also, what kind of game company would put un-finished files on a damn gold disk.

OMG, you're not so clever. Read my post carefully. DISK IS NOT GOLD - I MEANT THIS DISK IS WORTH BIG MONEY!

What kind? LAME ASS DMA Design that presented this game on E3.
Stay calm and don't seed bullsh*t.

So yes, he is bullsh*tting me.

Timecycle is up this week.

Anyway, there will be more files in the next 3 days - he is searching for more files. Stay tuned.

Have you downloaded this sh*t, anyway? I see not. Check all these files and comment later.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 13:03)

OMG, you're not so clever. Read my post carefully. DISK IS NOT GOLD - I MEANT THIS DISK IS WORTH BIG MONEY!

What kind? LAME ASS DMA Design that presented this game on E3.
Stay calm and don't seed bullsh*t.

So yes, he is bullsh*tting me.

Timecycle is up this week.

Anyway, there will be more files in the next 3 days - he is searching for more files. Stay tuned.

Have you downloaded this sh*t, anyway? I see not. Check all these files and comment later.

I want the beta car colors, if he can get those that would be great. I know it didn't fit, but I loved seeing a white infernus in the E3 trailer.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:20 PM Edited by Mr. Myriad, 12 February 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Filip454, what browser you use? I use google chrome and internet explorer and what i get everytime (google chrome) http://s017.radikal....3516fcc5d28.png and (internet explorer) http://s005.radikal....983441de741.png

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 06:20)
Filip454, what browser you use? I use google chrome and internet explorer and what i get everytime (google chrome) http://s017.radikal....3516fcc5d28.png and (internet explorer) http://s005.radikal....983441de741.png

I use Firefox. No problems there.

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 01:45)

After using the flamethrower for about 2 seconds, the flame in front of you becomes a rounded square

Nope, got the original III.

Not trying to sound like a nitpicker but couldn't your mate just host the files he does have, or would he rather not share it?

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 19:28)
QUOTE (Mr. Myriad @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 06:20)

I use Firefox. No problems there.

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 01:45)

Nope, got the original III.

Not trying to sound like a nitpicker but couldn't your mate just host the files he does have, or would he rather not share it?

How come the game doesn't crash for you? Whenever I do something related to fire it crashes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users