questions cars installing

10 replies to this topic
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi all smile.gif , i have 2 questions concerning adding vehicles in GTA IV . first i use GTA IV vehicle mod installer (very pratical for newbies like me) and for a car i get an error. somebody can point me where it is . and second i would like to know if you can install 2 doors vehicles on 4 doors vehicles and vice-versa . thanks .

user posted image
(and the mod link)

zyonig
  • zyonig

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hi, looks like there is a little thing at the start of the line that should not be there:

- cavalcade, cavalcade, car, CAVCADE, CAVCADE, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_LO1_LO1, 100, 999, 0.3211, 0.3211, 0, 2, 1.2 ,0, ext_taxi+ext_requi

I downloaded the mod and checked the readme and it is in there too. I am not familiar with the mod installer you mention but it may have picked this up.

Second question:
i would like to know if you can install 2 doors vehicles on 4 doors vehicles and vice-versa

The answer of course is yes you can if you really want to, but you probably shouldn't if you want to play the missions or multiplayer or basically do anything except just drive around by yourself. Sometimes in certain situations you need to have a four door car at a certain time.

Anyways, good luck. have fun modding.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

problem fixed , thanks smile.gif . ok , i won't melt white cabbages and carrots then . i use GTA IV vehicle mod installer as it is very easy to use and you can go back easily in case you messed up or you encounter some problems . as if some mods are simply fantastic , some are polygon fat too and can cause game crashes confused.gif . Thanks smile.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

others questions concerning vehicles installing smile.gif :

i installed a car which was ment to be installed on the sultan (an Mitsu Evo IX) on another car the feroci 2 . the mod works great and smooth no polygons/lags problems , but there's a problem with the car handling . when i take turns the car just goes upside down like if it was very light you know . somebody can point me where the problem is thanks . i've downloaded GTA handling editor but i have no clue of all these technical words refer to (biais etc ..)

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

ok is there a place to learn what handling.dat and carcols.dat values correspond to . tutorials for beginners . Thanks

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Is it a dead forum : ) . among all these modders none can point me to a tutorial for beginners : /

zyonig
  • zyonig

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Heres a link to the most comprehensive handling.dat explanation I know of.

HANDLING.DAT Explained!

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Thanks . Much better with realistic car specs smile.gif . for some cars i've installed , the external camera view gets too close from the car's rear , so i can't see in front of me is there a way to tweak the camera for each car ?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

and also i can't tweak the Jetmax handling , is that normal

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

just hopping there are answers somewhere confused.gif smile.gif . somebody knows where i can find a vehicles.ide file values explained . i found this but seems concerning GTA IV the explanation isn't complete confused.gif . and i have a problem i have the feet coming outside the car when i install normal car on 4x4 , and i would also like to remove the flame exaust on some cars .

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 17:40)
Thanks . Much better with realistic car specs  smile.gif   . for some cars i've installed , the external camera view gets too close from the car's rear , so i can't see in front of me is there a way to tweak the camera for each car ?

and also i can't tweak the Jetmax handling , is that normal

just hopping there are answers somewhere   confused.gif    smile.gif   . somebody knows where i can find a vehicles.ide file values explained . i found this but seems concerning GTA IV the explanation isn't complete  confused.gif . and i have a problem i have the feet coming outside the car when i install normal car on 4x4 , and i would also like to remove the flame exaust on some cars .

ok , i searched and found few answers by myself .

- for the "feet outside" bug . it refers to the cars animations . depending of the car type you install the animations concerning the pilot position or the way you'll broke the glass aren't the same , depending of if it is a 4x4 type or a low sport car . so it is simple if you install a 4x4 search for a 4x4 values (in the vehicles.ide) and copy/paste its animation . if the car is a sport's car search for an equivalent for example the coquette . example : cavalcade : VEH@VAN, NULL, , coquette : VEH@LOW, VEH@LOW_HI4_HI4, . what these animations correspond to exactly , i don't know . i could try them one by one but as i have quite a nice workload right now between installing mods , editing the handling and changing the colors , i didn't do it

- for the boats increasing power , you need to have GTA handling editor (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=385566&view=findpost&p=1058782300) . when you have selected your boat , you'll see there's a boat button . the AqPlaneWfMulti correspond to the boat power . enter your value and save

- for adding a flame to the exaust(s) , i didn't find any viable solution . there's a tweak around but if you use it it'll modify the car's name too , which in my opinion isn't very nice

- for editing the rear views cameras i'm still searching , same as above i found few solutions but it isn't great , the camera moves a lot . i tried to copy/paste large vehicles values which are seen from a higher position to smaller cars in the vehoff.csv but it doesn't work . seems the vehoff.csv concerns the cinematic cams only

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users