Photo

Obtaining the Unobtainable BP/EP/FP/CP/MP Bravura

31 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:16 PM Edited by OrionSR, 14 February 2012 - 01:41 AM.

Parachute Damage
----------------

Vehicles that are usually immune to melee attacks can be damaged by fists and feet if CJ has a parachute equipped. This provides an alternative method of damaging vehicles that usually require flipping to be destroyed. Other uses are still under investigation. Note that locked doors still won't fall off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.xx: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Collisionproof/Meleeproof Bravura
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mission: The Green Sabre
Character: Sweet
Difficulty: ****
Resource F: ***

Method one
----------

This description is based on a method by Dooom41k (roggan) as shown in his video linked below.
Video link:

Before you begin, obtain a parachute, sawn-off shotgun with plenty of ammo, and full armor; CJ will take some explosion damage. Start the mission and proceed to Cesar's location under the freeway. Enter the red mission marker, approach the Bravura, and equip the parachute. Bash the passenger door with fists until the door falls off, then hop on top of the car and stomp on it until black smoke appears. Stand on the passenger side of the car and punch it until flames appear. Quickly switch weapons between fists and the parachute to break out of the fighting stance. Enter and exit the car before it explodes, pausing just long enough to assure the vehicle explodes before the cut-scene begins. After the cut-scene try to push the wrecked Bravura on foot or with a vehicle. If the wreck can be pushed then reload and try again, the proofings have been removed. Wait until Sweet dies to fail the mission and then use the sawn-off shotgun or a minigun to push the wreck to a garage.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for posting this. I got the Indestructible Bravura now. However, I disagree the fact that you have given only 3 star difficulty. It should be 4 stars. After successfully getting Bravura with proofings, pushing its wreckage to El-Corona Garage is very difficult because of police and VLA gang members. In video, it seems there are very few gang members. But for me, there were plenty of gang members who interfere me while I am shooting to the wreckage. Fortunately police seems to be less aggressive while shooting to gang members. I killed about 6 gang members without getting a wanted star. However, I think if you use a minigun instead of sawn off shot gun, the difficulty is like 2 and half because minigun can be used easily to push the wreckage and easily used to kill gang members with its almost quite sound.

For me the difficulty should be,

1.) 2 and half stars for using only minigun to push.
2.) 3 stars for using both minigun and sawn off shotgun.
3.) 4 stars for using only sawn off shotgun.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

To be honest, I didn't give much thought to the difficulty rating. I cut and pasted a template from System Error's walkthough to get the formatting, but figured he'd make his own evaluation if/when he has time for another update. After thinking about it I'm still undecided:

Don't want to compare this method with that of other cars
It only seems hard because it's a new trick
Timing the explosion is tricky
Easy to retry since the car appears at the beginning of the mission
Need to push with a shotgun or minigun
Probably will be pushed through Azteca turf
Never tried this method without a modded save or trainer
If it seems easy/hard to me doesn't mean others will agree

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

I agree with you. Timing is the key for getting it. If CJ is trapped with explosion, he definetely go to the hospital. I think if CJ didn't get wasted with explosion, always proofing is applied to Bravura. But it's better to confirm. There is a very interesting thing. After you fail the mission(sweet dies) with the explosion of Bravura (In fact after come to the red marker that gives message to enter Bravura), you have a trip skip feature upto the destination of Bravura. But this trip skip is not available if you fail mission after getting cutscene (When sweet dies after CJ comes to save him).

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Maybe difficulty should be based more on the whole process involved in obtaining the proofed vechile, summing up all the the tasks involved; within the mission or after the mission is failed or passed.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Perhaps I should have made this a poll topic so people who have collected the Bravura could vote on the difficulty rating the method deserves.

Loco, what rating would you give it?

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

I know you didn't ask me but personnaly I'd give 4*.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

OrionSR, I'll give it a 4 as well.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:35 PM Edited by OrionSR, 09 February 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Okay, what the hell. The difficulty rating has be upgraded to 4.

Next question: Is the written description sufficient without the video for reference? I'm hoping this will be answered by someone that has tried to collect the proofed Bravura without watching the video.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Feb 9 2012, 22:35)
Okay, what the hell. The difficulty rating has be upgraded to 4.

Next question: Is the written description sufficient without the video for reference? I'm hoping this will be answered by someone that has tried to collect the proofed Bravura without watching the video.

Sorry if you got angry with words "What the hell?". Honestly I said what I was happened to face. It's not that difficult like Allproof Greenwood, but still annoying. I apologize you if you did think it badly.

However, you have written this well to pin point accuracy. I think there is no need to watch video because you have mentioned all details specially changing stance quickly. When I enter Bravura, I faced that difficulty to get in because game doesn't change stance very quickly to enter the vehicle. So I practiced it quite few times for another vehicle. I think using arrow keys also helps to change stance quickly. SO you have done this tremendously to be written in a very simple language to understand anybody.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:28 AM Edited by OrionSR, 10 February 2012 - 06:32 AM.

No, sorry. I'm not mad or anything. "What the hell" is an expression that in this context should mean, "it doesn't matter" or, "why not?" In another context it could mean, "I don't care." A question mark at the end of the statement would change the meaning significantly. Then it would be much closer to "WTF".

I have been informed by my resident grammar cop that "what the hell?" should have had a question mark anyway.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:18 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 10 February 2012 - 08:24 AM.

Lol Sucha84. Getting mad is not OrionSR's quality.

I find the written description clear enough to be understood without the video. I think it's also best to obtain this car from late in the evening to the wee hours of the morning. Less cars, peds and cops around. Especially the cops. And maybe a particular note that El corona garage is the nearest so it must've a room for the Bravura before obtaining it.

And together with the Mt. Cloud Boys Sentinel, Greenwood in EOTL and Newsvan in Cuththroat business, maybe it should be 5 instead? Just a thought. It's because of it's very heavy and and stuck on the ground property plus the gangsters along the way.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

I like the title of this thread. Especially when it shows up, as the most recent topic. "Obtaining the Unobtainable" - alwys makes me smile.

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 09:18)

And together with the Mt. Cloud Boys Sentinel, Greenwood in EOTL and Newsvan in Cuththroat business, maybe it should be 5 instead? Just a thought. It's because of it's very heavy and and stuck on the ground property plus the gangsters along the way.

Greenwood, due to ongoing riots, is the most difficult one. So, I'd say, four stars for Bravura is enough. Maybe four and half, but by no means five.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:12 AM Edited by OrionSR, 10 February 2012 - 11:27 AM.

There were a number of tips I thought about including in the description:

El Corona is the closest garage; players must always manage their garages properly
Make room for a car; basic garage management
Use a bike to hold open the garage door; should be included elsewhere as a general tip
Where to find a parachute; get a map
How many is "plenty" of shotgun shells; Ammu-nation trick is available

I ended up shooting for the shortest description that still included all the details that were specific to this method.

I am still a little concerned about describing the proper timing of the explosion since it is the most critical factor in the collection. Perhaps something like;
Enter and exit the car before it explodes, pausing just long enough to assure the vehicle explodes before the cut-scene begins as the screen fades out for the cut-scene.

However, I'm not 100% sure this is completely accurate. It makes sense that it would be, but I'd have to run a few more tests to be sure.

And thanks pomor, I'm glad you like the topic title. I put a little more effort into thinking of a title than evaluating a proper difficulty rating. I like topic titles that a unique and easy to remember and search for. Searching for "Obtaining the Unobtainable" in Google list this topic 2nd. "Care and Feeding" needs at least "San" to do as well.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:29 PM Edited by Sucha84, 10 February 2012 - 12:38 PM.

No, sorry. I'm not mad or anything. "What the hell" is an expression that in this context should mean, "it doesn't matter" or, "why not?" In another context it could mean, "I don't care." A question mark at the end of the statement would change the meaning significantly. Then it would be much closer to "WTF".

Then I was mad. In Sri Lanka we use "What the hell" to release anger and considered as a bad reply to anybody. Sorry of course. sigh.gif Wreckage of Bravura is almost immune to be discarded unless CJ had really out of sight. I encourage you to post how to get Allproof Savanna in mission "Photo Opportunity" and Allproof Firetruck in mission "End of the line". If you need I will send video screenshots in pm.

Yes. I agree. For me allproof FCR 900 in mission "T-Bone Mendez" also annoying and I give 4 or 4 and half stars. Using a sawn off shotgun, is very difficult to push the wreckage because you have to push the FCR 900 on the way of a mountain which causes the bike to go down the hill if you cancel shooting for sometime. Police will bother very painfully for this mission and also Rifa gang members. Definetely it is harder than allproof Bravura but still doesn't harder than allproof Greenwood.

Easier tip for Allproof White Newsvan and Allproof Greenwood:

Since you have finished all of Toreno missions upto these missions., you can get an almost unlimited ammo minigun by saving game at Toreono's hideout by collecting minigun ammo quite large number of times. Using minigun instead of Sawn off shot gun becomes pushing wreckages much easier way and it can even be used to kill rioters that disturb you. You will get a lesser police attraction too by using a minigun. Sawn off shotgun has a major disadvantage because of getting police attraction easily. Sawn off shotgun is my most hated weapon for gun battles because its high reloading time. I like very much for Normal shotgun.

Unfortunately, this minigun method can't be used for obtaining allproof FCR 900 unless you are brave enough to search LV.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:53 PM Edited by roggan, 11 February 2012 - 03:59 PM.

hi there, this is Dooom41k from youtube, i have found this thread with google (and actually I've been registered here long ago)
i'm very glad that you've found my video and discuss it here. and i have some tip about this freezing fighting stance - as you may notice, I've been using those moves from LV gym. they do not freeze anything and you can time this trick very well).
a parachute also allows you to kill cops ALMOST w/o any attention. you will NOT get more than one star and it will disappear rather quickly.
also i'd like to say that we have our own russian community where we discuss all these things about special, rare and unque vehicles in GTA.
if you are interested in some other stuff, you may also watch this channel > youtube.com/user/4emp2008, there are plenty more of it.
ps. sorry for my english, i'm actually from Ukraine, and my native language is russian =)

Stentrion
  • Stentrion

The Phoenix Aviation

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Excellent trick. I give a 10. Took time, but finally I got the car. I could take a few screens or you could add a few to the first post.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Interestingly, the parachute can also inflict damage on "indestructible" peds, like those VLA gangsters in the unobtainable all proofed racing cars before you start the race in High Stakes Low Rider. You can also use this to kill an attacking indestructible homie in the courier mission or any other peds or characters that were given extra strength in certain missions.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Welcome back Dooom41k/roggan. Thanks for the excellent video for collecting the Bravura. Using the Phoenix may have added a bit of confusion but it also improved the entertainment value of the video. Nice work. I noticed that you credited Grand Auto Thief for the parachute damage trick, but no one for discovering the method to collect the Bravura. Does this mean that this is wholly your method? If so then I'd like to boost my reference to include "method" in addition to the creator of the video.

LV gym moves, huh? I had a feeling that different moves were being used in the video but happened across the fists switch trick before I was forced to roam the restricted areas to test the other moves. This is good to know, but I'll stick with the current description since it is more generic and doesn't require special skills, like surviving in 4 star territory.

There certainly does seem to be a lot of exciting developments coming from the Russian language GTA community. I'm currently working from a Firetruck LA video by Rustlerr2010; it is quite a challenge. We seem to be behind the times. Some of these videos are over a year old.

P.S. There is no need to apologize for for your English skills. You can be understood very clearly.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

OrionSR,
Does this mean that this is wholly your method?
Yes.
If so then I'd like to boost my reference to include "method" in addition to the creator of the video.
Sorry, I think my language barrier does not allow me to get this clear sigh.gif If you mean you want to keep your own method in the first post - yes, why not? sigh.gif
I had a feeling that different moves were being used in the video but happened across the fists switch trick before I was forced to roam the restricted areas to test the other moves.
Yeah, there were some different moves, because destroying a car with common punches from the roof is faster than doing it with LV moves which are more powerful, but much slower. I also think that common strikes against the door are more effective than LV moves. But i used to do them for not being freezed after Bravura starts to burn - that's all sigh.gif
I'm currently working from a Firetruck LA video by Rustlerr2010; it is quite a challenge.
There is some much easier method about it. You do not have to calculate these minutes and seconds, just follow the Firetruk up to the Idlewood bridge. Firetruk turns left and you go right, holding the camera 'at it' and heading to the 8-bomb. After placing the bomb catch up the Firetruk (but keep some moderate distance), wait for Sweet's fingers bar appearing, activate the bomb, count 3-5 seconds and catch up to save Sweet, then jump out of the car. If everything's done right, Sweet will be in the wreck, and you will be able to get into Firetruk.
We seem to be behind the times. Some of these videos are over a year old.
You know what, we feel the same way. For some reason we didn't know about cop impound parking lots, fully proofed patriots in 'Uncle Sam', girlfriends proofed vehicles etc. So it's never late to study.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (roggan @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 18:51)
Sorry, I think my language barrier does not allow me to get this clear sigh.gif

I wanted to list you as the person who discovered the method in addition to creating the video. The credit line has been changed to read, "This description is based on a method by Dooom41k (roggan) as shown in his video linked below."

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 02:03)
the person who discovered the method

alright then, that was truly yours blush.gif
Here is our FAQ of unique and rare vehicles. We also discover some cheating methods, but only if it might help us to get a vehicle. Too bad though it's almost fully in russian.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 03:22)
Here is our FAQ of unique and rare vehicles. We also discover some cheating methods, but only if it might help us to get a vehicle. Too bad though it's almost fully in russian.

Hi Roggan, nice to meet you. You had great idea, about that Bravura car.
I was trying to read this FAQ, with the help of google transtalor, but it is not very effective with Russian. Could you tell me, plesae, what does is say about RC Baron? There seem to be two separate entries.
I also find it confusing why there are so many unique color (or I think it is about unique colour) cars, that can be moded in the Transfender to any color you want.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:23 PM Edited by roggan, 12 February 2012 - 03:25 PM.

QUOTE (pomor @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 14:44)
Hi Roggan, nice to meet you. You had great idea, about that Bravura car.
I was trying to read this FAQ, with the help of google transtalor, but it is not very effective with Russian. Could you tell me, plesae, what does is say about RC Baron? There seem to be two separate entries.
I also find it confusing why there are so many unique color (or I think it is about unique colour) cars, that can be moded in the Transfender to any color you want.

RC Baron has cheating methods only so far. It's obtainable with cleo-modification only (but this is not a car spawn!! it's very important for us). It allows to turn off the freezing and 'drive-by' mode during any mission. Too bad it's unobtainable with any legal actions.
As for UC - we separate all these cars to visible and invisible (uc2) colors. It means that there are a lot of cars with only one visible color - first. But every vehicle in the game has two colors, and sometimes this mission vehicles' second color is unique, but you can see it with a trainer only. If both colors (visible and invisible) are special, we mark it as UC, uc2 (e.g. yellow Forklift). If both colors are special and visible (e.g. proofed Vortex), we mark it as UC only.

AlSar
  • AlSar

Russian GTA-genre fan

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:11 AM Edited by AlSar, 16 February 2012 - 05:24 PM.

roggan
Migratin', huh? biggrin.gif

OrionSR
Hello Orion.
There certainly does seem to be a lot of exciting developments coming from the Russian language GTA community
I can say that you should read (or at least try to read) our URV (Unique & Rare Vehicles ) topics at <removed> .
Here they are:
GTA III: <removed>
GTA VC: <removed>
GTA SA topic was already given here by Roggan, I'll add that it was started on <removed>
GTA IV: <removed>

I'm AlSar, long-standing URV researcher, specializing on GTA III, a friend of Roggan and 4emp2008.
Now I'm rewriting GTA III URV FAQ.
BTW I'm likely to have better knowledge of English than most of my <removed> friends, so I have an idea to translate all our URV guide in English. Will this work be useful for your community?

P.S. You and Lancet Jades are the persons widely respected in our community for you exploration work in URV sphere

EDIT
Erasing links? Ok. The chances of translation FAQ's in English are melting as snow in spring...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Not to worry. I managed to get what looks like a working translation from Bing. Give me a chance to study the information and I'll get back to you.

AlSar
  • AlSar

Russian GTA-genre fan

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

OrionSR

Ok, that sounds great.
But do you think it will be useful if we'll translate it?
By we I mean 4emp2008(Champion2008), Roggan (d00m41k) and me.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:18 PM Edited by OrionSR, 16 February 2012 - 09:10 PM.

Yes, I think an English translation of your Unique and Rare Vehicles in SA FAQ would be very useful. The webpage translators are slow and difficult to work with. And if I follow a link I've got to start all over with the translation process. Your FAQ seems to be much more current than the other guides I've read, and includes a lot of information not available anywhere else.

However, this Bravura topic is not the place for this discussion. For now I'll make some comments in lol232's Infernus topic which is currently being used for general chat for any unique vehicle, but we might want to start a new topic for discussing translations of your information.

AlSar
  • AlSar

Russian GTA-genre fan

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

OrionSR

I think that for now opening a new topic is not so vital, so let's move to Infernus one.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I experimented once with getting in/out of the vehicle while on fire. The car did destroy itself but I never checked to see if it was pushable or not afterwards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users