Photo

Questions about Dimitri's character

9 replies to this topic
Branimir202
  • Branimir202

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

So to be honest I think Dimitri had one of the most interesting characters in the game. Anyways in the beginning he seemed to be the better of the two between Mikhail and himself- the calmer one who used reason. To balance out Mikhail's short tempered impulse and erratic behavior. Do you guys think he was always a snake and planned to get rid of Mikhail for a while or just a huge opportunistic? who saw a chance to go to the top using Niko to clear the path?

Or did he start to lose his mind, like he mentions to Niko earlier on during a mission "you're lucky Roman doesn't have you kill someone every 2 seconds" did that start to make him go crazy from the pressure and he couldn't deal with taking orders anymore?

What you guys think?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

I actually think he genuinely wanted to help Niko but his addiction to pain killers lead to increased paranoia and then he found out about Bulgarin and got sick of Faustin. Its fairly obvious when you play through the game a second time.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

I agree Dimitri Rascalov was one of the most interesting characters! I was surprised when he backstabbed me, I really thought he was nice! And I'm hard to be fooled, for example I was always suspicious towards Michelle and Jimmy PegorinoI don't think he was that way because painkillers, I really believe he was a FAKE and MANIPULATIVE since the beggining!!!!! angry.gif angry.gif

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

as soon as niko killed petrovic's son dmitri was working on distancing himself from him, and obviously bulgarin was the man to join forces with to get rid of him, as he was the link between the petrovic son murder and himself.

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

We're 4 years into GTA 4 and threads like this help me to understand the storyline better.

I always thought that Dimitri was a rat even when he talks to Niko about things. Then when he had Niko kill that guys son, and then Fasutian, I knew he was sitting Niko up just to tear him down. And that was when I first played the game.

And Michelle. I knew she was something too.

CrowBarZ
  • CrowBarZ

Storm Mancini

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Feb 6 2012, 04:26)
I actually think he genuinely wanted to help Niko but his addiction to pain killers lead to increased paranoia and then he found out about Bulgarin and got sick of Faustin. Its fairly obvious when you play through the game a second time.

I'm going to have to disagree. He played Niko since the beginning. He states that he played him. He even attempts to multiple times afterwards. So I don't think it was the pain killers as much as his hunger for status.
Oh and off topic but the whole michelle thing caught me off guard, but the whole pegarino thing didn't

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Big Dong and Prosper

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:54 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 08 February 2012 - 02:57 PM.

I think Dimitri has an interesting character. I think Dimitri's a good man normally. Normally he's a calm person who tries to get rid of problems with most harmless way. Game shows us hints about it. Dimitri tried to calm Mikhail about Lenny situation, Mikhail's a paranoid person and thinks Lenny's a rat ( he thinks like that, probably cuz Lenny didn't buy the pot Faustins stole. ), I think Mikhail is a bit paranoid and a proud guy who can't stand when something he decides, don't agree. Dimitri sat table with Petrovics because he wanted to find the most harmless way to bring peace. However the way was Mikhail's death. Dimitri and Faustin relationship quarrel'd because Mikhail's paranoia, pride, drug addiction. I think Mikhail's death was hard to Dimitri for a while. Also I think Dimitri's a raw guy because he believed just Bulgarin's story about Niko. So Dimitri thought Niko ripped off Bulgarin and betrayed Niko. However also I think, Dimitri used Niko. It can be said, Dimitri's characteristic changed after he took over, he became a real jerk, I think.

willh2
  • willh2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

No, Dimitri is not a good person, and I think thats the important aspect of his character. While Niko is an antisocial presonality, Dimitri is a true psychopath. Niko kills other people and commits crimes not because he doesn't care about other people, but because the world around him forces him into situations where it becomes inevitable. Its obvious from his relationship with his cousin Roman, his mother, Kate, and others, that Niko can form emotional bonds with other people. He commits crimes because its all his environment ever taught him to do.

Dimitri on the other hand is just completely callous and unemotional. Sure, maybe his abuse of pain killers may mean he has some underlying feelings of stress. But stress about what? About how hes harming other people or about himself? He's obviously only cares about his wants in the end, and would be willing to do anything to obtain the objects of his desires.

Niko was misguided, but otherwise completely capable of feeling empathy for other people. Dimitri was probably a bit messed up to begin with, and his environment just threw him over the edge.

SWOT
  • SWOT

Il faut casser le noyau pour avoir l'amande!

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

If you ask me, I don't see how Dimitri, who was just a brat under Faustin, managed to become a respected leader of a whole organisation

uramet
  • uramet

Opportunist Theif

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm not sure Dimitri was ever respected but he had brains which counted for a lot.

Dimitri and Niko would've made a good double act but after Petrovics' son it was a kinda lost cause.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users