Photo

MEd Not Showing All Vegetation

8 replies to this topic
Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:46 AM Edited by methodunderg, 06 February 2012 - 02:06 AM.

Hey guys;

Trying to mash together a vegeatation mod out of all the vegeatation mods for SA, for personal use, but have hit a snag.

See the pic..
user posted image
Now, in my game, around the base of the tree and below that house, is heaps of grass, small bushes etc. But it doesn't show in MEd. I'm having a texture problem with the mashup, and need to find the model/texture name of the bush so I can solve the texture issue.

I'm using MEd, to find the model(dff) and texture(txd) name; and then using TXD Workshops 'DFF Checker' to find the exact texture inside the TXD that the model uses. Then I can easily fix the texture from there .. if the models show up..

Heres what it looks like in game..
user posted image
Why don't I get that vegetation in MEd though?

Any help please?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

I had ones such issue when I wanted to make PO with Srt3. These are just textures. I know they have .dff, .col but no material collision, the reason you can go through them and the reason Med can't see them, although;
Go to;
Med Editor - Ide - Vegepart Ide

and there you will have all the vegetation. Med will notice the white texture, so when Med will encounter the problem, you will see the names of .dff & .txd. Extract the missing texture and import it where it belongs.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:02 AM Edited by methodunderg, 07 February 2012 - 09:26 AM.

Thanks for the help.

To sum it up in laymans terms, I have to go to MEd > IDE > Vegepart.ide, and open up every single vegetation, and wait till the 'Item Definition' box opens, and make sure that the model in that box, has a texture? And if its white, then thats my problem?

EDIT:
Well opened them all up anyway, whilst I waited for a reply; and found about 4-5 models with texture problem. But none of them looked like the ones in the pic. But, at least I have something to go on now I think. Will fix these 4-5 problems tomorrow, and have another test. Bedtime for now. Many thanks BLITZ for taking the time to respond. Real men deserve cookie.gif lol

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Well, I went through everything in the IDE > Vegepart.ide; and still get the white texture in the same place as my original post. sad.gif

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Check out procobj.ide. That contains info for bushes/grass etc.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

But how am I going to know what is my problem by just a data file?

I've gone rigtht through BLITZ's method of loading the vegepart.ide and opening each individual one; none have white texture bug anymore; but still get it with that original screen I posted.

Using your method nWo, how would I be able to determine, which one it is?

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:49 AM Edited by nWo51289, 10 February 2012 - 11:57 AM.

You just do what -BLITZ- said in his post but check through procobj.ide. Its what I've done before, it takes a while but don't think there is a quick/easier way of doing it.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

I ain't at your PC do understand what mess you made, but usually gta_tree_bush, or any other gta_tree related has to do with those bushes. Look at the objects, upload image, Med; etc, and remember the texture and find out in what .txd belongs to, somewhere the texture is missing or somewhere you need to add the texture to the right .txd

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (nWo51289 @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 11:49)
You just do what -BLITZ- said in his post but check through procobj.ide. Its what I've done before, it takes a while but don't think there is a quick/easier way of doing it.

Ahh.. I see.. Thank you very much icon14.gif

Learnt a good few lessons doing this small project; thanks to the both of you icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users