• Red-Cross

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

Well, well. I feel like piss. sad.gif Eh. Good for Eli! icon14.gif

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

Not really a fan of either team, although my dad's a big New England fan, so I was pulling for them early in the game. That was until he took a jab at one of my Philly teams, which wasn't cool. So grats Giants! Mwahaha. devil.gif

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Sunday, Feb 5 2012, 21:56)
I flipped a coin and I'm rooting for the Giants though.

Smart coin.

Strange that you guys get the President/CEO up to accept the trophy, soccer pretty much exclusively has the captain or maybe the manager.

mistuhangova
  • mistuhangova

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

NY Giants all dayy yo! xD

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Words cannot describe how happy I am right now. To think that just less than two months ago we were facing missing the playoffs again, and now we're celebrating our second championship in 4 years.

ELIte Manning!

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

i dont really cae for american football, but its nice to see my home team win smile.gif

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Monday, Feb 6 2012, 03:24)
Words cannot describe how happy I am right now. To think that just less than two months ago we were facing missing the playoffs again, and now we're celebrating our second championship in 4 years.

ELIte Manning!

Giants were 7-7, heading nowhere, until the Victor Cruz TD against the Jets. That ONE play turned the season around. Then they beat Dallas twice, and took down Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith and Tom Brady again. What an incredible season!!! This is so much sweeter than the first!

Everybody SALSA!!!!!! It's parade time, NEW YORK STYLE!

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

Amazing and exciting game. That catch was simply magical, and the finishing touchdown was just boss. Great game, like most of the playoff games were this season. Being a Giants supporter, I'm thrilled biggrin.gif

hambones
  • hambones

Every Inch A King

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

It was a good game. It came down to the last play, which is always exciting.

Belichick is a little bitch though. Just ducked out as soon as he shook hands. He will be a first ballot Hall of Famer.. into the sore losers HoF. He also cut someone from the team last night, further proving that he has no soul.

I find it interesting that Belichick was 3-0 in super bowls before he got caught spying and has been 0-2 in super bowls since.

Twang.
  • Twang.

memento mori, dead man's curve

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Satisfactory Super Bowl, and Madonna was great.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

I wanted the Pats to win, but regardless, it was a great game. It was exciting right 'till the end, but goddammit, I wanted that Hail Mary pass to be successful. Ah well!

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

I wanted the Pats to win, but regardless, it was a great game. It was exciting right 'till the end, but goddammit, I wanted that Hail Mary pass to be successful. Ah well!

That thing had no chance. I was watching the game down here and I had people from Boston and some from NH and stuff who pretty much recognized that as soon as they were cornered into that Hail Mary, there was no chance. I mean when you have the entire Giants defense piling into the end-zone just to make sure it isn't caught, there's really nothing they can do.

Mar.K
  • Mar.K

Hitman

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:41 AM Edited by Markwey, 06 February 2012 - 08:02 AM.

I watched the first half plus some of Madonna's halftime show.
Good game gotta say.
It actually didn't matter to me that much this year that who was gonna win.
But I was rooting for the Giants and I'm happy that they won.

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

I really did expect the Patriots to pull the win out, as the stage was set for Tom Brady joining the 'NFL Elite' so-to-speak with four Superbowl wins after his terrible start, but the Giants played the game perfectly and Eli Manning and the rest of the team showed again that their win four years ago wasn't a fluke.

gtaluva
  • gtaluva

KMG-365

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm so torn about the Pats letting the Giants score. You can't argue that obviously it was great strategy letting them score then but I just feel like it kind of takes the integrity of the game out. I can't think of any other situation in a different sport when you would let the other team score. I totally understand why it was done but at the same time it goes against all logic. Regardless I'm glad the Giants ended up scoring on that play because you never know what could have happened...blocked field goal, botched hold, anything.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Amazing Superbowl tbh, so glad with the outcome!

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (gtaluva @ Monday, Feb 6 2012, 19:02)
I'm so torn about the Pats letting the Giants score. You can't argue that obviously it was great strategy letting them score then but I just feel like it kind of takes the integrity of the game out. I can't think of any other situation in a different sport when you would let the other team score. I totally understand why it was done but at the same time it goes against all logic. Regardless I'm glad the Giants ended up scoring on that play because you never know what could have happened...blocked field goal, botched hold, anything.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes I think American football is too tactical for its own good. In fairness though, it's a game that requires a lot more method and stratagem than others. When the prize is the SuperBowl, do you really care about integrity?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Good job NY Giants! smile.gif I'm from New York so I really shouldn't have to explain the rest.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (gtaluva @ Monday, Feb 6 2012, 19:02)
Regardless I'm glad the Giants ended up scoring on that play because you never know what could have happened...blocked field goal, botched hold, anything.

I'm glad the Giants scored the TD too. Too much can go wrong on a FG attempt - remember Billy Cundiff two weeks ago? Plus I'm always nervous about Lawrence Tynes.

Score the TD, and tell the defense to do its job and finish the game!

Zyo
  • Zyo

GTAF Crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Scotland

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

Yeah, pretty good game. I made a cool 100 beans on this one. 20 down at 5 to 1 on the Giants win by 1-6. Very nice result for me. I also had em down for a half-time draw that would have brought in 100 more but ya cant get everything right..... close though at 9-10. It was a good game and (for me) a great finish. As an event however I was a bit underwhelmed.... The half time show was mediocre. Madonna flouncing around doing that hyped up techno nonsense "remixes" of old songs... "yawn" Was that really the best show someone could think up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users