The Greatest Moment in GTA

8 replies to this topic
PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Evening fellow GTA fanatics,

In this series of ours that we love, there are many, many, memorable moments - ones we cherish and never forget.

For you, what is the moment or moments that make GTA for you?

For me, nothing ever beats the first time 'Welcome to Staunton Island' appeared on the screen.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

The GTA V trailer when it showed the beach. That threw me into dreamland. I cant believe how far GTA has advanced since GTA 1...

lazlow91
  • lazlow91

City of Vice

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Has to be the first time I played GTA Vice City back in late 2003. I'll always remember driving a silver stallion near the washington beach hospital listening to Laura Branigan's "Self Control" in absolute amazement. Definitely my favorite game to this day!

Rerxelend
  • Rerxelend

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:34 PM Edited by Rerxelend, 19 February 2012 - 07:39 PM.

I have several of those moments for each game really. Way too many to list here and too hard to pick one - but here are a few :

GTA SA - Taking road trips from city to city, cruising along the highway as the sun was setting in the background while 808 State - Pacific State was playing on SF-UR.

GTA VC - Eating a portion of fish and chips while flying a sparrow across downtown while listening to Wildstyle tounge.gif I know VCMP shouldn't count but one of the best moments ever was when I was cruising down the Downtown main road in VCMP with tons of players, bullets whizzing everywhere and exploding helicopters and cars scattered everywhere all while listening to Wildstyle.

GTA III - Walking out of the Sex club 7 alley like a badass while the mission complete tune was playing. Being so f*cking excited after unlocking Staunton Island.

GTA CTW - Cruising down the FIA Highway in a Sabre GT while listening to Deadmau5.

GTA IV - Gasping in amazement at how even the sh*ttiest of vehicles looked beautiful due to the graphics. Cruising down Algonquin in the rain with JnR. The music coupled with the rain made me feel so cosy.

Sorry for the long post but these are only a few. I have tons of memorable moments that I could cry just thinking of for each and every GTA game I've played.

BenL2418
  • BenL2418

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

blush.gif GTA VCS:
Lance Vance Dance and Mission ''Jive Drive'', Victor Vance was angried about Lance Vance's driving skill tounge.gif
GTA SA:
The word "f*ck" and its derivatives are used 365 times, not counting the soundtrack or random NPC interactions. ( From GTA Wikia ) tounge2.gif
GTA 2:
The end of the game, that's too difficult to finish it... and I did it blush.gif

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Friday, Feb 3 2012, 16:37)
The GTA V trailer when it showed the beach. That threw me into dreamland. I cant believe how far GTA has advanced since GTA 1...

Same here with me. It is strange to see how much GTA V has changed from GTA 1. It is hard to believe that these two games were even related to each other.

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Friday, Feb 3 2012, 16:28)
For me, nothing ever beats the first time 'Welcome to Staunton Island' appeared on the screen.

Yeah, the first time I saw Staunton Island it was a mind blower.

The other would be seeing the first GTA back in 1998. Yes, it's extremely primitive compared to everything that came after it but the first time I played it was magical. inlove.gif

I recently repurchased the GTA/GTA London double pack and I love playing it again (despite its flaws).

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

My greatest moment was when I first played GTA back in 98 and laughing my ass off running peds over. So much has changed in 14 years.

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Running down in my Comet after some loon, past Ocean Beach, while listening to "Life Is What You Make It". The sheer momentum of it with that particular song playing while doing something like that was amazing, we have all dreamt of being in a movie before and that was it.

For the chilax factor, cruising down Downtown while listening to "Sunglasses At Night"..well, at nightime, in a Stallion, is a fondness of mine as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users