» «
Photo

Texture problem

6 replies to this topic
h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:10 PM Edited by h4mza, 05 February 2012 - 11:36 PM.

I have downloaded some car mods for gta 3 and used txdworkshop to replace the dff and txd file, i would normally use imgtool but it says file size to big to replace, but anyways when i play the game, this is what the mod looks like.

user posted image

Does anyone know whats wrong?

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Bump

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Don't use the replace function on ANY img editor, they don't work %100.
Delete the original dff+txd then add the new ones.
The car appears weirdly because the game is reading the cars txd from the txd.img, just use this simple mod to stop the game reading files from the txd.img (by emptying the txd.img+dir).

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Sunday, Feb 5 2012, 23:55)
Don't use the replace function on ANY img editor, they don't work %100.
Delete the original dff+txd then add the new ones.
The car appears weirdly because the game is reading the cars txd from the txd.img, just use this simple mod to stop the game reading files from the txd.img (by emptying the txd.img+dir).

Hi, i tried this and the game now freezes at load screen, i tried running as windows 98, 2000 xp etc. I dont know what else to do?

Ray_Santos
  • Ray_Santos

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

I use IMG tool for all mods i install, never had any problems with it either, infact I'd probably say its the best IMG editor around and the safest.

Anyway you can try this, it works for Vice City, not sure about GTA 3 though as I've never played it:

Go into your GTA 3 folder, right click models folder, click properties, uncheck read only, click apply then ok, now try.

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Ray_Santos @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 19:45)
I use IMG tool for all mods i install, never had any problems with it either, infact I'd probably say its the best IMG editor around and the safest.

Anyway you can try this, it works for Vice City, not sure about GTA 3 though as I've never played it:

Go into your GTA 3 folder, right click models folder, click properties, uncheck read only, click apply then ok, now try.

Still not working, thanks for help though

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

Bump

I tried on vice city, the car installs fine but i cant get the wheel mod to work, i installed the wheel mod manually but still doesnt work sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users