Photo

The Soldier's Eyes

21 replies to this topic
MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:09 PM Edited by Arejai, 15 February 2012 - 01:13 PM.

COMPLETELY TRUE ACTIONS!

user posted image
Logo 1
Logo 2
Logo 3

Note:This mission pack consists of 6 missions to play.

REVIEWS
Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by Arejai . They're part of his The Soldier's Eyes series.
Please click on the link below in order to view the topic and find links to download them:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=500284

Now, it's time for the review,

- Writing: Very good . The text was easily understandable with very few tense related mistakes. Also appropriate text coloring was used for different objectives.
- Presentation: Excellent , The cutscenes were just great. They were properly focused, full of animation and and very creative.

37th Team
- Length: Excellent , as it can be done in about 11 minutes. The player, Barry, and has team has orders to breach into the hide-out of the enemies. They have to fight their way to the hide-out and breach in.
- Difficulty: Normal . Even though the enemies are many and have powerful weapons, there is a lot of cover available in form of cars and objects which the player can use it to their advantage. The other allies of Barry also helps him.
- Variety: Excellent . Characters include Cpl Miller. Barry, Pvt Denn, Cpl Jack, Cpt Morris and other un-named army men. The enemies were given a different variety of skins. Weapons include M14, AK 47, SMG's and others. Vehicles include army truck and other random vehicles on the streets. Different types of objects like crates, walls and fences were also included.

Breach
- Length: Long , as it takes about 15 minutes to complete the mission. Barry and Jack has to find a kill the enemies in the hide-out. In the end they get a call from one of their ally and has to reach the first floor to help them. After killing the enemies, they see the leader running away. Barry follows hims to the underground.
- Difficulty: Hard . The enemies are equipped with powerful weapons like rifles, AK 47 and M14 and it's difficult to get cover in an enclosed place. The enemies are also many in number.
- Variety: Very good .Characters include Jack, Barry and enemies with a variety of skins. Weapons includes M14, SMG's, rifles and AK47.

Silver Tiger
No review available. Mission too hard for me to complete without cheats.

Overall, the missions were great. Highly recommended for those who like to have mission full of action and gameplay. A lot of effort was put in when it came to the variety of the mission. The difficulty of the missions was appropriate except the final mission where it was impossible for me without any weapon to kill that guy with the molotov. The author did a good job in making the missions and should keep up with it.

By Nitesh .

STORY

A great war in San Andreas is starting again. But this time, it happened in San Fierro.
A traitor of San Andreas came to rule the city. We'll follow the story of a high-rank soldier, Barry MacPherson who is going to stop the invasion with his fabulous teammate.

CHARACTERS

CHARACTERSDESCRIPTION
Barry
MacPherson
Sargeant of the 137th Infantry, leading the operation "Burning Goat 1993", who was transferred to San Andreas from Liberty City. Known as "Silver Tiger" and the leader of the 37th Team.
Weapon Used: M4
Jack
Johnson
Corporal of the 110th Battalion, a company clerk, came from New York, who was given the award for having the best discipline. Known as "Desert Fox" and members of the 37th Team.
Weapon Used: Shotgun
MacMiller
Augustus
Corporal of the 303rd Infantry, a mechanic, came from Arizona, who had a dreams to have an automotive-based industrial center. Known as "White Cobra" and members of the 37th Team.
Weapon Used: Ak47
Denn
Kennedy
Private of the 9083rd Artillery, a guard and a dog handler, who listen to rock music everyday. He's a very cool person and loves children. Known as "Golden Hawk" and members of the 37th Team.
Weapon Used: MP5
MISSIONS

No.Mission Name
1 Green Army
2 Beach War
3 Turn To HQ
4 37th Team
5 Breach
6 Silver Tiger
http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=17179

Use this mod for the best:
user posted image
http://www.gtagaming...layer-mods/7135

Credit goes to GFX team and all who play this mission pack.

NothingSpecial
  • NothingSpecial

2spooky4me

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Gonna try it when I have time! Looks promising icon14.gif Good luck

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

You should check your file man.
I tried to download it, but it didn't work.
Or was it suposed to be a .bin file?

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Damn. When I try to upload the file(rar), I keep getting this:

"Error: Missionfile: Unsupported filetype: application/octet-stream
invalid entry, press back to correct the above errors"

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Upload it in a .zip file.
I don't know if .rar doesn't work but I'm sure that .zip works.

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:02 PM Edited by Arejai, 03 February 2012 - 05:12 PM.

Problem Solved. Just change the name of the zip file and then, fixed.
Btw, thanks ThaBoy.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:27 PM Edited by ThaBoY, 03 February 2012 - 07:31 PM.

Welcome biggrin.gif

Just played your missions and they are great Arejai.
I don't know why Arejai but I really like your missions.
Till now, I didn't played one of your missions that disapointed me.
They're all great and nice to play.

That's it I think.

Oh just one thing.
In every mission of you, I find some minor grammar and spelling mistakes.
No major mistakes but things like this

To be continue...

Instead of

To be continued...

But no major mistakes so here're your cookies
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Just one question.
Do you like big smokes crack palace?
Cuz 4 missions of you that I played are there.

No wait, 2 questions.

Are you serious dude.
We've to go till big smoke's penthouse to get back to 1st floor after it lol.gif
I was happy when I hitted the switch till the other soldier on the walkie talkie said "Get back down, we need backup"

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

DYOM Designer/DYOM World Wiki Contributor

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Arejai you are the best!!!!

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Saturday, Feb 4 2012, 03:27)
Just played your missions and they are great Arejai.
I don't know why Arejai but I really like your missions.
Till now, I didn't played one of your missions that disapointed me.
They're all great and nice to play.

Hey, thanks ThaBoy.

Oh just one thing.
In every mission of you, I find some minor grammar and spelling mistakes.
No major mistakes but things like this

To be continue...

Instead of

To be continued...

Yeah, a grammar mistake I made. I'm still confused about the words. I'll try my best to improve my writing.

Just one question.
Do you like big smokes crack palace?
Cuz 4 missions of you that I played are there.

Yeah, I loved the place. It's very suitable for the ending. But, don't worry, I'll use a different place next time.

Are you serious dude.
We've to go till big smoke's penthouse to get back to 1st floor after it lol.gif
I was happy when I hitted the switch till the other soldier on the walkie talkie said "Get back down, we need backup"

Hey, you just need to reach the checkpoint(just 10 metres far from us), and then you'll be teleported to the 2nd floor. So, it takes less time. biggrin.gif

Btw, thanks again for play. lol.gif

@TheXProyect Thanks for play, buddy. Hope you enjoyed. biggrin.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, but why do we need to go up for going down lol.gif
But that's just me nagging for nothing biggrin.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Saturday, Feb 4 2012, 18:38)
Yeah, but why do we need to go up for going down lol.gif
But that's just me nagging for nothing biggrin.gif

We go up because we need to open the gate. The switch is on the top floor. So, that's why.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Yes, but I don't get it.
Look, when we go up, there's nothing to stop us.
But when I want to go down, then there's a gate that stops us and we need to hit the switch.

But again, I'm just nagging for nothing special lol.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Saturday, Feb 4 2012, 19:42)
Yes, but I don't get it.
But when I want to go down, then there's a gate that stops us and we need to hit the switch.

In easy words, we need to eleminate the enemy's leader. That's it.

What you mean?

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, when we go to the top floor there's no gate.
But when you go down there's a gate that stops you till you hit th switch

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:35 PM Edited by Arejai, 04 February 2012 - 12:50 PM.

Of course there's the gate that still locked. You can see it at the beginning of the mission.

EDIT: Here's the proof:

user posted image

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ohhh.
Well..... blush.gif
I didn't see it. blush.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

Played all the six missions.

Great missions you made there. Even the I didn't see much of a story them, the action in the missions really covered for that. Really enjoyed all the gunfights in the mission.

Some things I noticed, the use of the 60 second timer in the mission where Barry has to survive and then gets hit by that guy is a bit unrealistic. You could have hidden that timer and just let Barry fight until that guy comes out of nowhere and hits him.

Also in that same part you changed Barry's weapon to a Katana in the cutscene, but Barry didn't even have a Katana anywhere before. You should have used the same weapon there.

I also liked that part in the first mission where those enemies suddenly start coming from every direction you go to and then escape from them by jumping through those fences. I haven't seen anything like that yet in any missions before. Though, I still fail to understand why I couldn't just kill them. tounge.gif

All the cutscenes you made were very creative. I must admit that you did an excellent job on that.

I also liked that escape where you had to get out of the enemies HQ without having any weapons at first. That one was really original. But I found it impossible for me to escape, I think the second floor (not sure) where first you have to go round that railing and get down by the stairs. The guard at the far end always sees me and I only escaped by running really quick.

Great missions and I would recommend anyone who loves action missions to play this.

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 21:48)
Played all the six missions.

Great missions you made there. Even the I didn't see much of a story them, the action in the missions really covered for that. Really enjoyed all the gunfights in the mission.

At last, a feedbacks. biggrin.gif

Some things I noticed, the use of the 60 second timer in the mission where Barry has to survive and then gets hit by that guy is a bit unrealistic. You could have hidden that timer and just let Barry fight until that guy comes out of nowhere and hits him.

Yeah, I forgot to hide the timer..

Also in that same part you changed Barry's weapon to a Katana in the cutscene, but Barry didn't even have a Katana anywhere before. You should have used the same weapon there.

Well,.. actually his weapon(M4) is fell in the fight. So, he picked the katana from the dead enemy. Yes, one of the enemies used a katana.

I also liked that part in the first mission where those enemies suddenly start coming from every direction you go to and then escape from them by jumping through those fences. I haven't seen anything like that yet in any missions before. Though, I still fail to understand why I couldn't just kill them. tounge.gif

Yes, I just want to create something new. That's it.
It takes time to kill them as their health is set to 2500. Maybe impossible then. So, running is a good choice.

I also liked that escape where you had to get out of the enemies HQ without having any weapons at first. That one was really original. But I found it impossible for me to escape, I think the second floor (not sure) where first you have to go round that railing and get down by the stairs. The guard at the far end always sees me and I only escaped by running really quick.

Yes, he'll see us. So, I changed something. [/spoiler]After you reached the checkpoint in front of the door, the enemy will be changed to a new actor, that is non-enemy. And you must move quickly before he start to shoot. It's a trick. wink.gif [/spoiler]

Again, thanks for the great feedback and review. About the last mission, it looks impossible to pass. But actually, you can. You need to be fast. lol.gif

Takahiro855
  • Takahiro855

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

nice missions arejai played all of them! its really a killing machine/stealth styles ^^
well done!

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Takahiro855 @ Saturday, Mar 24 2012, 21:56)
nice missions arejai played all of them! its really a killing machine/stealth styles ^^
well done!

Thanks. Glad you like it. biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:31 PM Edited by Notna, 25 March 2012 - 06:44 AM.

Shame that I just now saw this.

I played all of the 6 missions. They are pretty hard but still awesome. You did great job. icon14.gif

EDIT: My 1,400th post ^^

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Thanks and congrats. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users