Southland

27 replies to this topic
SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

user posted image

Southland based on the south side of LA (SouthLA) is a drama, police procedure genre. And show's the daily work of what real police officers go threw day in and day out with the amount of $hit, craziness, and life threatening stuff they go threw. With a little of laugh here and their. You can watch this show on TNT in United States on Tuesday nights at 10pm eastern, 9pm central, and I believe 7pm western.

(If you would like to add more information and more on the officers and detectives then please send me a pm and everything that happened in their life and I can get the pictures. And if anyone know's were I can put the episodes then please also send me a PM so i can edit it and put them all in!! Thanks!)

user posted image
More Information about John Cooper HERE

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

The show got better when they moved from NBC to TNT, and I've enjoyed the direction they're taking it in. It is gritty and dramatic as you'd want, but also has an element of fun where you don't know what to expect from episode to episode.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Forty @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 22:28)
The show got better when they moved from NBC to TNT, and I've enjoyed the direction they're taking it in. It is gritty and dramatic as you'd want, but also has an element of fun where you don't know what to expect from episode to episode.

I watched a few episodes when it was on NBC and I felt it could be summed up as "trying too hard to be gritty and rough, while maintaining some sad attempt at family friendliness". Is the latter part gone now that it's on TNT?

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

@Forty Yeah for sure. I loved the way they took.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 21:36)
QUOTE (Forty @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 22:28)

I watched a few episodes when it was on NBC and I felt it could be summed up as "trying too hard to be gritty and rough, while maintaining some sad attempt at family friendliness". Is the latter part gone now that it's on TNT?

Yeah it's not family friendly any more.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

The scene from the last episode with the guy tied to the telephone pole was pretty brutal.

I enjoy this show, one of the best cop shows on the air right now along with Justified.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Thursday, Feb 2 2012, 08:26)
The scene from the last episode with the guy tied to the telephone pole was pretty brutal.

USE THE [SPOLIER] TAG... Thanks for ruining it for me lol suicidal.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Here in Movies and TV we kind of don't bother with spoilers in topics that are dedicated to a particular show because we just assume that the only reason one would enter a topic is to discuss the latest episode and....I kind of assumed that the guy who made the topic about the show would be up to date on the latest episode of the show and therefore a spolier tag wouldn't be necessary.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Yep, that's been my thought as well. Video game and movie discussion could be different, but with TV shows I've always felt as Panda said.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

I was paid decently to "screen" the pilot of this show several months before it was even named/aired whilst in Las Vegas years ago, and they changed very little which is good because I thought it was dope. However due to my lack of DVR, my tv viewing skills haven't
leveled up in years and I have yet to watch any more than the first few shows confused.gif To my DVD collection this show will go.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Thursday, Feb 2 2012, 18:10)
Here in Movies and TV we kind of don't bother with spoilers in topics that are dedicated to a particular show because we just assume that the only reason one would enter a topic is to discuss the latest episode and....I kind of assumed that the guy who made the topic about the show would be up to date on the latest episode of the show and therefore a spolier tag wouldn't be necessary.

You shouldn't assume things... suicidal.gif

I am very up to date and like that night I am working and I have school and on top to that I have to do more. But if I can't watch it I just record it...

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

I love this show! Specially because Benjamin "Ben" McKenzie, he is a great and humble actor!

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I watched the pilot, thought it was "okay". It recieves one bonus point from me for starring Ryan from The O.C. ><
By chance, will Peter Gallagher play his father?

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Great epsiode last night. It was kinda corny in the beggning but overall amazing! Kinda crazy that the *Spoiler Alert* Detective Lydia Adams got pregent! But is Officer Ben Sherman going out with that girl cause if he is I am sure he will be caught and I wonder how she will react. And I was kinda confused who Officer Jessica Tang was talking to. *End of Spoler* but I enjoyed it with all that action!! smile.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

I've not watched it yet, BUT, I do believe it should have been on terrestrial FREE TV, since it seems good enough to win over most of those offerings!

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 19:30)
I've not watched it yet, BUT, I do believe it should have been on terrestrial FREE TV, since it seems good enough to win over most of those offerings!

What the hell is terrestrial tv

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 05:18)
QUOTE (Slamman @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 19:30)

What the hell is terrestrial tv

Anything that's not on pay TV. So basically NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox (I think that's all of them)

Also Slamman, it was on NBC at first before getting dropped and then saved by TNT.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

2nd best show on TV IMO

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 04:05)
2nd best show on TV IMO

I agree. I love how the story really goes into the lives of each and every officer and you feel like your in with their life. And it's got a good equal amount of a detective and officer and the amount of action. Everything fits like a puzzle.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

I think this tueday's night was just amazing. It's kinda crazy to think that ofc. john cooper may not be in the next couple shows due to his injuries and that detective

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

This topic is a bit out of date but I just found out that the show won't be back on air till February sometime. Long wait, but hopefully the season hits with a bang. icon14.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Got a source for that? That's a bit of a shame to hear but I don't mind too much. There's plenty of other great stuff in the Autumn to keep me entertained.

N0Xaeris
  • N0Xaeris

"Can Yoga be used as a form of self-defense?"

• Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Bringing this back from the dead since it's returning tomorrow at 10/9c. So stoked. I've followed this show since the begging, when it was on NBC, and I just love the drama, action, and just overall grittiness of the show. This will give me something to do till GTA V comes out, and hey, it's relevant since it's about LA. Cant wait to see what the new season has in store.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I really do wonder why more aren't watching this show by now, it's gritty and real feeling. Not to mention the camerawork makes you feel like you're right there in the action like you yourself are a cop sitting right next to the actors.
I remember thinking oh why aren't people watching this both with the first couple seasons of breaking bad and fringe and now almost everyone is one there respective nutsacks (albeit fringe is now over). However aside from this show being bounced around the networks like the redheaded stepchild I find it being one of only a handful of shows I genuinely can't wait until the following week.

N0Xaeris
  • N0Xaeris

"Can Yoga be used as a form of self-defense?"

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Oh it hurts, Southland just got canceled, two days after Rolling Stone Magazine released an article advocating for it to be renewed. So that's one of only two shows I watch on TV gone. TNT lost a lot of loyal fans yesterday.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

That's sh*t man, it was such a good show, never a dull moment.
I caught a few episodes when it first started, and loved it, then forgot about it. But over the past few months I got back into it and shot through the first four seasons in time for the fifth airing. Hopefully TNT will realise it was a bad move, or another channel will pick it up.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

It sucks that it's been cancelled. What a awesome show and the end of season 5 it left us with a cliffhanger and I'm desperate to see what happens sad.gif

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

I watched Southland for the first time a few months ago and was instantly hooked. I had never liked cop shows that much (except for Miami Vice), but the realism and grittiness of the action, the depth and perpetual intrigue of the characters (I nearly cried when Nate was killed), and the fact that it was set in Los Angeles (a city I've always loved) made it a hit for me. One of the cable channels here had been showing it for a while, and every time I saw an ad for it I told myself that I wanted to watch it but never got around to it, but I only caught a first glimpse of it recently; funnily enough they were replaying the series from the start and were playing the pilot that night. They haven't showed season 5 yet so I'm only up until the end of season 4; I'd go ahead and download the final season, but I've only got mobile broadband which allows me to download a whopping 15GB a month lol (far from the good old days at my old house of 1TB a month) so, rather unfortunately, I have to wait for the local cable channel (which shows everything worth watching, anyway) to show it.

But, boy, am I excited for it. icon14.gif Oh, and f*ck the assholes for cancelling it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users