Northern Algonquin has long been plagued with poverty, drugs and crime. The ugly backside to the financial capital of the world, it's neighborhoods live in the shadow of the downtown skyscrapers, both literally and figuratively. Holland suffers from unemployment rates higher than the Liberty City average and foreclosures during the recent economic downturn hit the neighborhoods hard. The results have crippled the local economy. Street crime has increased, as has homelessness. Drug dealers are on every street corner and abandon buildings burn to the ground. Veteran police and fire officials are scattering to other departments. It has gotten to the point where it threatens everyone who calls the area home.
In 2012, residents of Holland demanded change. Local leaders lobbied the city council and helped push through an experiment plan to bolster Northern Algonquin's emergency services. The city has flooded the East Holland Police department and fire department with a crop of low-cost rookies. Dozens of new patrol officers, firefighters and paramedics, hoping the quantity of personnel will make up for lack of quality. A force that may turn the tide and fight back.
As EMS personnel patrol, fight fires and help fallen citizens, the seedier elements continue their activities. Who will be victorious?
The Department is a Roleplaying community based on the emergency services in Liberty City. Players will serve as police, fire and medical personnel, performing routine tasks in Northern Algonquin and throughout city to make lives safer for its citizens. But not every call is routine. The success and failure of The Department will depend on how players perform during a wide array of life-threatening scenarios.
Every Saturday - 4 p.m PST, 7 p.m. EST, 00:00 GMT (riday Morning), 10:00 EDT (Sunday, Australia)
Playing blocks are two hours long. All games are played with GTA IV on the Playstation Network
Mics are strongly suggested. The ability to quickly coordinate is important. Folks without mics can still join, but ability to participate may be limited.
More days and times may be added.
- No EMS personnel is allowed to break traffic laws unless responding to a call.
- When on a call, vehicular and property damage resulting directly from EMS actions must be reported and is subject to review.
- Any pedestrian or civilian injuries is must be reported and is subject to review.
- Any civilian casualties or gunshot injuries during an operation is subject to automatic review and possible demotion.
- If a gun is pulled on a criminal or EMS personnel, that person must respond reasonably in accordance with the scenario.
Police may carry either a pistol or standard shotgun.
Swat may carry pistols, M4, Sniper.
Fire and EMS cannot carry weapons. They can "pick up" a fallen police officer's pistol in dire situations.
Only swat members wear Bulletproof vests.
- If a player dies, the character dies. Characters only have one life, so players should value it as they would their own life. If possible, live to fight another day.
- All EMS personnel must seek medical attention if shot or injured. If health is below half, officer can no longer run (press x). If health is red, officer can't move unless being evac'd.
- If EMS can move, either a police officer or paramedic can drive to hospital. If critical, only a paramedic can drive.
- Avoid picking up health unless at a hospital.
- If your character dies during the roleplay session, you can return as a generic patrol cop, firefighter or paramedic rookie. You must create a new character for future roleplays.
Each RP session, key roles need to be filled to ensure a quality game and a proper chain of command.
Department Commander (000) - Highest ranking RPer. Commands all EMS personnel.
Patrol Captain – Highest ranking patrol officer. Works the streets and takes charge during low level criminal situations.
Patrol Officer – Patrols the streets, observing for criminal activity and responding to calls
Swat Commander (sss) - Only Police Chief can activate SWAT. Responds to high-risk criminal encounters. SWAT can also serve as an undercover strike unit.
Swat Member – Works as a team alongside the SWAT commander.
Paramedic (ppp) – responds to calls for medical attention.
Fire (fff) – responds to calls for fire and vehicular damage.
Air Support (hhh) – Serves as police patrol, SWAT, observation and medical evac. May also assist Criminal operations scenario setup.
Criminal operations – conducts minor or major criminal violations. They may also set up minor incidents as a civilian for EMS response.
Quick Call System
The Department will use a text chat room to simulate dispatch. Typing in a quick call into the RP Chat will automatically call desired service to your location. Once called, you should stay in position so desired services can locate incident quickly. Follow with more detailed dispatch if possible.
(911) Closest patrol officer not engaged should respond to basic call.
(999) Backup requested.
(000) Police Chief needed on scene.
(SSS) SWAT needed on scene.
(PPP) Paramedic needed on scene.
(FFF) Fire needed on scene.
(HHH) Air Support or EVAC needed on scene
Edited by theclefe, 22 April 2012 - 10:14 PM.